Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

samboraisgodUK 06-04-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1135973)
What if this message would have popped up on April 3rd?

Due to personal issues, Tico Torres will not be performing on this upcoming leg.

Would there have been conspiracy theories floating on the internet and tabloids? Would there have been a thread (with almost 600 pages) on this board filled with possible explanations what those personal issues might be? Would fans be as passionate about it as they are now? Would the band have been able to continue the tour? If yes, would fans demand refunds?

Is Bon Jovi to the majority of fans JBJ & Richie Sambora and then the other two guys?

I personally donīt think if Tico or David would not have been able to continue the tour it would have stirred up things like it has now. Opinions?

No it wouldn't have created this fuss, simply because Tico is not as big a part of Bon Jovi as Richie is. Whilst he's a fantastic musician and he would be dearly missed if he weren't playing for whatever reason, the simple fact is that guitar is a much more creative and expressive instrument than the drums. Add into the mix the fact that Richie sings a lot on stage and his voice is well recognised and it shows why he's missed so much. Obviously the fact that Richie is much more of a celebrity than Tico adds to the gossip side of things, but from a purely musical standpoint, it makes sense that Richie missing would provoke a stronger reaction than if it were Tico.

Juls Sambora 06-04-2013 02:42 PM

Of course there would not have been these theories but it's a fact that Richie and Tico don't have the same role in the band. Tico is not only on stage in the background. I would have missed Tico but Jon and Richie are the faces of the band. Richie co-wrote the songs and delievers the background vocals which I really missed in Munich. The guitar solos aren't the same (The drum sound wouldn't also be the same). Phil X does a good Job but it's Richie who puts the emotions into the songs. The interaction between Jon and Richie is responsible for the magic of the shows. It's not the case that I don't appreciate Tico but Richie and Tico are different to compare.

jessycardy 06-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1135962)
The comments below the pic (I don't facebook so not sure if they are called comments or likes or whatever) are hilarious. You would get eaten alive for saying "Jon looks very old, tired and thin" LOL.

Personally... No, but you do when you casually throw around words like "EWW" and "horrible". Learn how to express yourself like mature adults do and then come back. I hate people who forget their brain in the bowl in the morning.

jessycardy 06-04-2013 03:57 PM

The MailOnline informs us about Jon's latest spotting, yesterday, with Stephanie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Can-tour.html

The description of clothing is much less fan-fiction-like than it was for Richie and his own daughter, but they don't miss the chance to talk about Stephanie's drug issue yet another time. Much to my disbelief, though, they don't mention Richie at all.

PatriciaSambora 06-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1135945)
4th June, still no news........

Yes and the wait is killing me.. But right now I think Richie won't come back 6th June :(

Sambo-Chris 06-04-2013 04:19 PM

Last time we also didn't get any info beside a tweet from Abby. But nothing official.

Kryten2340 06-04-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1135987)
Last time we also didn't get any info beside a tweet from Abby. But nothing official.

Apart from Richie saying to TMZ he was off to Europe. Didn't we also get a pic from sound check on the official website?

BJ?YesPlease 06-04-2013 04:45 PM

She's wearing a black Paisley print dress.

That's GOT to be a hint to Richie coming back, SHOOORELY?!?!

;)

(I assume people remember his paisley stint....the black paisley signature guitar etc)

Kryten2340 06-04-2013 06:48 PM

Does Abby just do Richie's clothes or the whole band? She's just checked in at Nashville Internstional Airport. Probably means nothing.

Sissy3 06-04-2013 06:56 PM

There is a pic of Phil X and Abby on his Facebook page so apparently she's not just Richie's dresser.