Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

tzane 03-08-2020 10:57 AM

New Album cover

The album cover of bon Jovi - 2020 look like John Coltrane - blue train cover album and I think Jon loves Coltrane.

nikos greece 03-08-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262226)
I feel like people are stretching for some element of surprise. At this point who really cares if Jon refers to the band as we, I or us.

- Bon Jovi was always 60% Jon, 30% Richie, and 10% the other members.

Note: When I say Jon, that includes members he uses outside of the band. Billy Falcon etc. His guys...

Now with Richie gone, it's 90% Jon and 10% other members.

- This has always been Jon's band. They didn't form in a traditional way where that all started from zero and worked their way up together. Jon had minor success as a solo artist and formed the band around that. So these guys were hired guns from the start and just remained that way.

- Even if Richie rejoined, the music will remain the same... They are are not going to go on vacation together and write and album like they did back in the day... They are still going to make them digital, and I'm sure Shanks will still be in the picture.

Jon and the guys have an active family life so their priorities have shifted... Jon is also too busy running for fake president and NFL Team owner so he really doesn't even have the time to make a real commitment to albums anymore.

I think most fans are hanging in there for that one last huge song. I think with every new single, every new album, they are just waiting for that one last great one. I'm hoping it's Lower The Flag.

They are done as a touring act due to Jon's voice.

When Jon says he's good at touring, he's not talking about his performance... He's talking in a business sense. Aka revenue.

Just like Bruce Springsteen and The Street Band, it should be called Jon Bon Jovi and The Bon Jovi Band.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

some good points for sure, even if i agree jon keeps underselling what Richie brought to the table...
i want to hear lower the flag, since it looks like jon really really belives in the song and not just backing it up for promotional reasons..
jon should go back to writing songs with richie and others and build it up one last time...he wont but i think thats what he needs

Rdkopper 03-08-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1262234)
some good points for sure, even if i agree jon keeps underselling what Richie brought to the table...

i want to hear lower the flag, since it looks like jon really really belives in the song and not just backing it up for promotional reasons..

jon should go back to writing songs with richie and others and build it up one last time...he wont but i think thats what he needs

He played Lower The Flag for Paul McCartney, so that says something right there...However, as someone pointed out, I hope it's not Scars part 2...

Why are the Spanish versions of Bed Of Roses and This Ain't A Love Song just as great as the English releases even though I can't understand the lyrics???

Because of the musical melodies accompanied by powerful vocals... Lyrics are just a fraction of it. Without the other two, you get bland songs like Not Running Anymore.

I hope Jon figured that out.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Eveline 03-08-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1262234)

Yeah, I agree with you and RDK, some really good points here. But instead of going forward, which means getting bland songs and deleting negative feedback, JBJ should rather go backwards and find the passion and the driving force that helped him craft some really good songs in the past.

thesedays2014 03-08-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262235)
He played Lower The Flag for Paul McCartney, so that says something right there...However, as someone pointed out, I hope it's not Scars part 2...

Why are the Spanish versions of Bed Of Roses and This Ain't A Love Song just as great as the English releases even though I can't understand the lyrics???

Because of the musical melodies accompanied by powerful vocals... Lyrics are just a fraction of it. Without the other two, you get bland songs like Not Running Anymore.

I hope Jon figured that out.

Yep, all this Limitless bollocks is definitely people like RdKopper’s fault...comparing Bed of Roses and TAALS to Running????

It’s a totally different type of song and music.

Running is a very good song for 2013 (approx) Jon; Bed of Roses was a very good 1990’s Jon song with a fantasic band and producer; Limitless is a 2020 piece of shit because Jovi fans like you can’t come to terms with the fact that times have changed.

Unbroken is a half decent song, Scars was a half decent song, Lower the Flag may probably be a half decent song, but it won’t be Dry County for Shanks’ sake.

Now Seb’s (almost)gone, are you just trying to spice things up? Because talking bollocks may get a few people back on this board, but it won’t make Jon write anything better than Stand Up stuff...it may however get him to keep on going with this Limitless shit once again, instead of making music for 2020 Jon Bon Jovi 😊

Rdkopper 03-08-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1262239)
Yep, all this Limitless bollocks is definitely people like RdKopper’s fault...comparing Bed of Roses and TAALS to Running????

It’s a totally different type of song and music.

Running is a very good song for 2013 (approx) Jon; Bed of Roses was a very good 1990’s Jon song with a fantasic band and producer; Limitless is a 2020 piece of shit because Jovi fans like you can’t come to terms with the fact that times have changed.

Unbroken is a half decent song, Scars was a half decent song, Lower the Flag may probably be a half decent song, but it won’t be Dry County for Shanks’ sake.

Now Seb’s (almost)gone, are you just trying to spice things up? Because talking bollocks may get a few people back on this board, but it won’t make Jon write anything better than Stand Up stuff...it may however get him to keep on going with this Limitless shit once again, instead of making music for 2020 Jon Bon Jovi [emoji4]

What on earth are you talking about? I bashed Limitless right out of the gate (I then posted later on that the song is growing on me a little but still continued to state that it lacks passion and it's recycled material)...

And 2, you missed my point above. In summary, Jon can write the best lyrics in the world but if he can't sing it and Shanks produces it, it's going to be shit. Is that better?

vidda 03-08-2020 07:57 PM

On the other hand...

I´ve noted just 10 songs to be compiled on the new album. Why do you think this could be? I´ve thought about the possibility that the total running time of the 10 songs equals approximately what we had before in 12.

I don´t know if this possibility is real or even if it just nonsense
The running time of THINFS is 49:07 (12 songs)
The running time of WAN is 52:43 (12 songs)
The running time of TC is 52:34 (12 songs)

2020 has by now 3:42 and 6:07 on Limitless and Unbroken (9:49 between both).
If I were right :) there would be around 40 minutes for 8 songs, which is a mean of 5, and knowing some of them would be in the range of 3-4 minutes, this carries me to conclude there would be at least 1-2 songs around the 7 minutes...

Well maybe it´s wishful thinking or the tale of the milk women (is there a name in English for this? :) ), but it came to my mind as a possibility.

And being it true that doesn´t mean it would be good, this is just an assumption about the running time.

The truth is that I don´t know it the artist has to pay for the number of songs, the length of the song, the total running time, or a mix of everything.

Greets.

rolo_tomachi 03-08-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidda (Post 1262241)
On the other hand...

I´ve noted just 10 songs to be compiled on the new album. Why do you think this could be? I´ve thought about the possibility that the total running time of the 10 songs equals approximately what we had before in 12.

I don´t know if this possibility is real or even if it just nonsense
The running time of THINFS is 49:07 (12 songs)
The running time of WAN is 52:43 (12 songs)
The running time of TC is 52:34 (12 songs)

2020 has by now 3:42 and 6:07 on Limitless and Unbroken (9:49 between both).
If I were right :) there would be around 40 minutes for 8 songs, which is a mean of 5, and knowing some of them would be in the range of 3-4 minutes, this carries me to conclude there would be at least 1-2 songs around the 7 minutes...

Well maybe it´s wishful thinking or the tale of the milk women (is there a name in English for this? :) ), but it came to my mind as a possibility.

And being it true that doesn´t mean it would be good, this is just an assumption about the running time.

The truth is that I don´t know it the artist has to pay for the number of songs, the length of the song, the total running time, or a mix of everything.

Greets.

This is indicative... the obligation to record a certain number of discs during the duration of the record contract is usually established. This commitment must be specified with some general characteristics of future albums: minimum and maximum duration, number of songs, exclusion of versions, artistic and technical guidelines, possible collaborations, publication of collections, compilations and reissues.

We don't know how Jon's contract is, we don't even know how many years he signed with the company, so there are several open road. We will have to wait.

vidda 03-08-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262242)
This is indicative... the obligation to record a certain number of discs during the duration of the record contract is usually established. This commitment must be specified with some general characteristics of future albums: minimum and maximum duration, number of songs, exclusion of versions, artistic and technical guidelines, possible collaborations, publication of collections, compilations and reissues.

We don't know how Jon's contract is, we don't even know how many years he signed with the company, so there are several open road. We will have to wait.

So let's just hope it's for good, this is the third album of the band with 10 songs. Will it be like 7800 or like SWW? Time will tell, but I wish it surpases 7800 in quality knowing SWW will be many light years far...

YOVANAfromPeru 03-08-2020 11:28 PM

Rdkopper, I think thesedays2014 is just joking...
vidda, remember that there is a song kind of epic Dry County kind of lengh...

Bounce7800 03-09-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262242)

Not entirely sure if duration is a consideration, Green Day's new album for example clocks in at just 26 minutes

steel_horse75 03-09-2020 02:30 PM

Trouble with the new albums is that it has no Richie influence. Its all JBJs lyrics and vision.
THINFS missed Richies influence musically and lyrically and Id suspect the new will as well - based on what we have heard so far. Even Phil X has no say in the new sound.

rickysambo 03-09-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262250)
THINFS missed Richies influence musically and lyrically and Id suspect the new will as well - based on what we have heard so far.

Whoa! You suspect it'll be missing Richie's influence?

bonjovi90 03-09-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1262253)

Yeah I also thought that that's quite a bald assumption...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

vidda 03-09-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1262244)

Yes!! I had heard of it, I hope it to be an acceptable song at least since it could be around 8 minutes...:)

YOVANAfromPeru 03-09-2020 09:52 PM

yeah, I guess if it's a long song, there must be a long solo (I hope)

JackieBlue 03-09-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1262244)

I remember Jon said there was a "Dry County type" song; but I was under the impression he may have been referring to the themes or lyrical content, more than the length. Seems like there was a discussion here about it not being like Dry County guitar-wise for some reason. Maybe because Phil-X implied there weren't any long solos? I don't remember the details. Or I could be confusing it with another conversation.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-09-2020 11:51 PM

I remember he said something like: There is a song about Trump, Cohen, Stormy Daniels kind of epic Dry County kind of length. That's called Blood On The Water.

Which is the song number 10 btw, but who knows.

Alphavictim 03-10-2020 12:22 AM

I mean, Unbroken is about as long as the single version of Dry County.

JackieBlue 03-10-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1262262)
I remember he said something like: There is a song about Trump, Cohen, Stormy Daniels kind of epic Dry County kind of length. That's called Blood On The Water.

Okay, thanks. It must have just been my own assumption based on Phil-X's tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealPh...54816327880704

Maybe Shanks added something later.

angelsambo 03-10-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

...That's called Blood On The Water.

https://translate.google.com.pe/tran...Frefresh_ce-cp

"Blood in the Water" speaks of another dividing topic: migrants and those who would like to send them back.
«Migrants who come to Italy or those who arrive in America from Mexico are looking for a better life. Yet we hear ignorant comments, "I don't give a damn, let's send them back." The Statue of Liberty says: "Give me your tired, your poor" and in the past America has adopted them. My great-great grandfather left Italy to come to America. The New Jersey where I grew up would be empty today if it weren't for the Italians and the Irish. "

Rdkopper 03-10-2020 01:24 AM

Quote:

Jon's friends with and supports the Clinton's but wants to throw stones at Trump with Stormy Daniel's... Something Trump might have done prior to becoming the president but was never proven... However Bill Clinton was proven guilty for something he did during his presidency.

Democrats are known to erase and rewrite history but this one still sticks. Sorry Jon.

But then again, 2020 is an election year and "I couldn't do any worse". When he says it like that, it makes him sound like he's running for president... The correct was to say it is "We as a nation couldn't get any worse".

If the Dems want to get Trump out, get someone normal to run against him instead of all these left wing liberal communist nut jobs...

Captain_jovi 03-10-2020 01:29 AM

Nope nope. No one wants political talk in this thread.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-10-2020 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1262263)
I mean, Unbroken is about as long as the single version of Dry County.

Dry County (Edit) 6:40 and Unbroken 6:07
maybe that's why Unbroken is so boring!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1262264)
Maybe Shanks added something later.

I hope so!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262267)

It seems inevitable...

Rdkopper 03-10-2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262267)

It's lyrical discussion. And I'm pointing out a contradiction.

Captain_jovi 03-10-2020 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262269)
It's lyrical discussion. And I'm pointing out a contradiction.

"Jon's friends with and supports the Clinton's but wants to throw stones at Trump with Stormy Daniel's... Something Trump might have done prior to becoming the president but was never proven... However Bill Clinton was proven guilty for something he did during his presidency." Bullshit is that about lyrics and you know it. People have kindly asked we leave political talk like that to the other threads and I'm all for it.

steel_horse75 03-10-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1262253)

I mean another album that will be missing his influence since he isnt there.
You can tell the newer stuff is pure JBJ

steel_horse75 03-10-2020 09:24 AM

So, Limitless......died a quick death didnt it.

angelsambo 03-10-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262274)
So, Limitless......died a quick death didnt it.

the band members don’t even care

liljovi93 03-10-2020 11:27 AM

Limitless was always going to do nothing.

Unbroken has only got this exposure because Jon got Prince Harry involved and let's be honest, he knows that's basically his 'own' song anyway so that's why he's promoting it as much as he can.

The fact that the band members haven't even posted about anything to do with it says it all.

Nobody gives a shit. It's another excuse to tour. Simple as.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Eveline 03-10-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1262279)
Limitless was always going to do nothing.

Unbroken has only got this exposure because Jon got Prince Harry involved and let's be honest, he knows that's basically his 'own' song anyway so that's why he's promoting it as much as he can.

The fact that the band members haven't even posted about anything to do with it says it all.

Nobody gives a shit. It's another excuse to tour. Simple as.

*clap* Exactly! And Bon Jovi officially started promoting the tour on their social media. If one song from the new album makes it to the setlist, that will be it anyway.

angelsambo 03-10-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1262279)

yeah not even shanks,i bet they didn't expect such a negative reaction to limitless

steel_horse75 03-10-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1262278)
the band members don’t even care

probably cos they werent on it.
The more I see the video the more it looks like Jon isn't with the rest of the band and he is superimposed giving the impression he is there.
To make it look real they have blurred out most of the other members when in shot with Jbj.
Just my little theory.

Captain_jovi 03-10-2020 02:06 PM

We're hitting tin foil hat territory now.

jovifan93 03-10-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262287)
probably cos they werent on it.
The more I see the video the more it looks like Jon isn't with the rest of the band and he is superimposed giving the impression he is there.
To make it look real they have blurred out most of the other members when in shot with Jbj.
Just my little theory.

You do know how cameras work, don't you? I don't know what to say...

Captain_jovi 03-10-2020 02:25 PM

The band is playing on Limitless, I hear Phil's rhythm part, John's lead, the opening drums sound like Tico. Dave is the only one I question. Pure JBJ/Shanks in direction but it's them.

I kind of wonder if it was a last minute song recorded.

jovifan93 03-10-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262290)
The band is playing on Limitless, I hear Phil's rhythm part, John's lead, the opening drums sound like Tico. Dave is the only one I question. Pure JBJ/Shanks in direction but it's them.

I kind of wonder if it was a last minute song recorded.

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well, along the lines of WWBTF. Would fit the whole thing of "Story Of Love" being the first single, then nothing happens, and then suddenly it's "Limitless", of which no one's ever heard before (or was it in the tracklist? Or did a tracklist leak at all?). That, plus Jon's comments about giving people something more familiar - maybe the record company execs wanted something along more familiar lines so that the fans aren't totally shoccked by the direction the rest of 2020 is taking...

steel_horse75 03-10-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1262289)
You do know how cameras work, don't you? I don't know what to say...

Of course. But i just have my doubts the band are in the vid with Jon and on the song.

jovifan93 03-10-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262292)
Of course. But i just have my doubts the band are in the vid with Jon and on the song.

While I can understand why you would think something like that, it's pretty obvious that they are all there. From the lighting, the shadows, the angles, everything...

Captain_jovi 03-10-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1262291)
Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well, along the lines of WWBTF. Would fit the whole thing of "Story Of Love" being the first single, then nothing happens, and then suddenly it's "Limitless", of which no one's ever heard before (or was it in the tracklist? Or did a tracklist leak at all?). That, plus Jon's comments about giving people something more familiar - maybe the record company execs wanted something along more familiar lines so that the fans aren't totally shoccked by the direction the rest of 2020 is taking...

The whole thing is VERY reminiscent of Say it isn't so/Its My Life, the only thing that talks me out of it is the track listing staying 10 songs and all the songs Jon mentioned previously made the final cut so either something didn't make it or Limitless was always there. The subject matter and structure just sound so....."Single-y" I guess? It just sounds like it was written to be the first single.