Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 04:40 PM

Years and years ago I swore on my mother's grave the backing vocal was Paul Stanley. I never considered Alec but that might be it.

I don't think it's a matter of him pulling the wrong one, it's just the hardcore fans have been so used to a specific version because it's all we had. They probably have multiple takes and versions and for all we know THIS one was the one that was supposed to be the final version and the one we have is wrong.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178679)
Years and years ago I swore on my mother's grave the backing vocal was Paul Stanley. I never considered Alec but that might be it.

I don't think it's a matter of him pulling the wrong one, it's just the hardcore fans have been so used to a specific version because it's all we had. They probably have multiple takes and versions and for all we know THIS one was the one that was supposed to be the final version and the one we have is wrong.

Excellent Points!!!!

Cher's version is a dead set ringer for the version we have. That could have something to do with it...

There has got to be some political / legal reason for this... Either Alec's vocal is on there or it sounds too much like Cher's version or Cher wouldn't allow it or something.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178680)
Excellent Points!!!!

Cher's version is a dead set ringer for the version we have. That could have something to do with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZAHclKBX0

There has got to be some political / legal reason for this... Either Alec's vocal is on there or it sounds too much like Cher's version or Cher wouldn't allow it or something.

But why does it have to be legal/political? I think we're just grabbing at straws because our version of history is being contested. They got rid of the backing vocals on the box set version of Starting all over again, they're just using different takes.

I think the camp knows what the fans have already and it's damned if they do damned if they don't. If they use the same versions but cleaned up the fans outrage because they're selling something we already have. If they change it they mess with history, it's a tough place to be in.

Rdkopper 06-21-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178681)
But why does it have to be legal/political? I think we're just grabbing at straws because our version of history is being contested. They got rid of the backing vocals on the box set version of Starting all over again, they're just using different takes.

I think the camp knows what the fans have already and it's damned if they do damned if they don't. If they use the same versions but cleaned up the fans outrage because they're selling something we already have. If they change it they mess with history, it's a tough place to be in.

Okay. But then why that song only? The best song in the collection!

As far as Starting All Over Again goes, we had a decent master already as a b'side so there was no need to include the same version again. This is a totally different scenario.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 05:33 PM

Jon and Obie are pendejos.

Lucas_Roli 06-21-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178684)
Jon and Obie are pendejos.

Lol,this cracked me up :D.
I'm really looking forward to see how Rdkopper will add the I Know parts and how good they'll sound.If he manages than he deserves a Jovi medal or something.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 07:36 PM

I added "I know" and is rare. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GUy...ature=youtu.be

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178682)
Okay. But then why that song only? The best song in the collection!

As far as Starting All Over Again goes, we had a decent master already as a b'side so there was no need to include the same version again. This is a totally different scenario.

But you're saying that this is the only song that they used a different vocal track on which already isn't the case. There's been multiple things we've heard in the samples that weren't in the original bootlegs we have because so many different versions exist. They're not going to hold the songs in the same high regard we do because to us they're the "But what ifs" that exist that we shouldn't have. To them it's the throw-a-way songs that didn't make the album.

I admit comparing the two isn't as equal, but Breathe was the exact same, Good Guys was the same, Edge of a Broken Heart was the same. I'm sticking with my theory that there are dozens of takes of each song and the ones we got however many years ago probably weren't the ones we were intended to get. Why should they cater to the choices of whoever leaked those versions simply because we're all used to it?

I'm rambling now but I wonder what percentage of people had these bootlegs prior. Like, ballparked..

danfan 06-21-2014 08:23 PM

Serious question - Does anyone really like Cher's voice? She sounds like a cross between Elvis and Mr. Ed.

danfan 06-21-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178687)

Can't view it in the US. Bastards.