Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 08-22-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275140)
True, but it probably wouldn't have been the same as what would have been released as the "best of". It would have been put together by the publishers, not any label or Richie. These kind of CDs were pretty common at the time to push the artists back catalogue and songs to other artists to record, or for stuff like inclusions in movies and TV ads. They would choose songs that they felt would suit this medium rather than an actual best to picked by the artist. I doubt very much that this had any connection to the planned Best Of, as you'd expect that to be put out there by a label rather than the publishers. But who knows..?

It would also depend how far along the project got before it was abandoned. It for sure is an odd track listing, Considering neither US or Stranger had "hits" I think anything typical goes out the window. Though of these 14 songs

Stranger - 3
US - 4
Soundtracks - 2
Unreleased - 3 (if intended for release after the box set) or 4 (if intended for release pre)

One Last Goodbye was fall of 2002 and since that was written for The Banger Sisters, as is my understanding, and the timeline of the rest, that puts this project past that quote I think?

Thinny 08-22-2021 05:54 PM

I don't think the running order really flows as a genuine "best of" either. Too many slow numbers and, for instance, All That Really Matters being as early as track 3 and then running into In It For Love just doesn't work in my opinion.

rolo_tomachi 08-23-2021 04:24 PM

Shit, when is it going to be launched the new Sambora album? I like all the snippets, I need to hear those songs and the rest of the album.

adrianoizar 08-23-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275138)
Great Hall Of Fame was from 1995 as far as I remember. In 2000, Richie said that he was contemplating doing a compilation album of the first two records, "like the best of them and adding three new tracks." That's exactly what the CD is. Furthermore, the publishing company doesn't seem to exist anymore and can't be tracked down, so I guess it's a promo CD from the early 2000s.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

The song Great Hall Of Fame was written on 27/04/1996, it is signed by Richie Sambora, David Bryan and Richie Supa.

Don_Bossworth 08-25-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275126)

This song, if I remember correctly, was written on 11/23/1996. It was recorded a couple of times, maybe once or twice. I think I remember that it was replaced by one of the songs listed on the Undiscovered Soul record.

Captain_jovi 08-25-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275193)
This song, if I remember correctly, was written on 11/23/1996. It was recorded a couple of times, maybe once or twice. I think I remember that it was replaced by one of the songs listed on the Undiscovered Soul record.

!!!!! Thanks! What's your connection to all of this if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Disregard, saw your other thread. Welcome!

Don_Bossworth 08-25-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275194)
!!!!! Thanks! What's your connection to all of this if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Disregard, saw your other thread. Welcome!

https://www.discogs.com/es/artist/20...osworth?page=4 I guess.

I thought I would have to be undercover, that's why I screwed up my name on the profile

bonjovi90 08-28-2021 02:04 PM

rolo_tomachi 08-28-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275229)

simply wonderful.

Rdkopper 08-28-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Great song. Thanks for sharing [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

GabrielC 08-29-2021 12:49 AM

Quote:

Very nice! Reminds me of To Be with You

Alphavictim 08-29-2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1275234)
Very nice! Reminds me of To Be with You

I'm hearing What Do You Got in the intro. Vocals sound weird, though, almost Keith Richards-ish at times.

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 05:23 AM

Amazing song! Somehow It doesn't appear on file with that tittle. Maybe it was registered with a different name :confused: BTW Richie is not the greatest writer on earth... I was checking on tapes and some songs from 2000 werer writen on 1980.

But somehow I'll need to put an eye on it. It sounds from the "On The Line" eon.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275236)
Amazing song! Somehow It doesn't appear on file with that tittle. Maybe it was registered with a different name :confused: BTW Richie is not the greatest writer on earth... I was checking on tapes and some songs from 2000 werer writen on 1980.

But somehow I'll need to put an eye on it. It sounds from the "On The Line" eon.

Would it be in the realm of possibility to get a list of what you have? Would love to see what song titles are out there and from when!

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275238)
Would it be in the realm of possibility to get a list of what you have? Would love to see what song titles are out there and from when!

Oh Boy!!!! it's like finding a needle in a straw!!!! lol well, not that bad.
It'll take a couple of hours maybe but it's saturday and these headphones are hurting my ears!!!

Listen, I'm going to the studio on Monday, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Too much to listen to that easily :D:D:D:D

Most of Richie's stuff were recorded on tapes so it'll take to clean out the dust to be able to see... Will let you know

Captain_jovi 08-29-2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275239)
Oh Boy!!!! it's like finding a needle in a straw!!!! lol well, not that bad.
It'll take a couple of hours maybe but it's saturday and these headphones are hurting my ears!!!

Listen, I'm going to the studio on Monday, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Too much to listen to that easily :D:D:D:D

Most of Richie's stuff were recorded on tapes so it'll take to clean out the dust to be able to see... Will let you know

No pressure! You're probably sitting on a bunch of gems that might never see the light of day. The amount of unreleased Richie songs from 1996 to current day must be staggering.

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275240)
No pressure! You're probably sitting on a bunch of gems that might never see the light of day. The amount of unreleased Richie songs from 1996 to current day must be staggering.

US started from 1996. Some songs were recorded with Bon Jovi Band but disregarded for brand issues. I'm not a lawyer but still, it all depends on that.

However, there was a well known song called "Forever" which was writen by Jon and Richie, Then Richie gave it to that japanesee singer Takashi Sorimachi but it was originally a Bon Jovi song.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275243)
US started from 1996. Some songs were recorded with Bon Jovi Band but disregarded for brand issues. I'm not a lawyer but still, it all depends on that.

However, there was a well known song called "Forever" which was writen by Jon and Richie, Then Richie gave it to that japanesee singer Takashi Sorimachi but it was originally a Bon Jovi song.

Ohhh yeah super aware of that one but had NO idea it was a JBJ/RS song. Cool!

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275244)
Ohhh yeah super aware of that one but had NO idea it was a JBJ/RS song. Cool!

It was was listed to be recorded but it was not used by the end of the day.
I'll say Mercury Records remixed it.

Thinny 09-07-2021 02:29 PM

Judging by Richie's latest tweet it does seems like he is still holding off releasing the album because of the pandemic so who knows when we might get it at this rate... :

"Hoping all my friends, fans and fam are havin great big fun and safety this holiday weekend..I love ya’LL, and when Mother Nature gets done having her way with us, I’m gonna need ya to play, sing and entertain, so keep a watchful eye stay safe… Big Love, Richie"

I know he always big ups Richie's stuff as they are close friends, but it's also worth noting that Little Steven shared the post and added this:

"He’s got a new album coming you are not going to believe! If you’re not familiar with Richie’s previous great solo work get ready to be knocked out!"

rolo_tomachi 09-07-2021 11:06 PM

Nice to read everything about Don wroteup to now, we are discovering a lot of things from that time.

One question for Don, Any demo/outtake that was discarded and you felt that it was cool?, you know, that was great and should have made the album.

Don_Bossworth 09-11-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275319)
Nice to read everything about Don wroteup to now, we are discovering a lot of things from that time.

One question for Don, Any demo/outtake that was discarded and you felt that it was cool?, you know, that was great and should have made the album.

What a week! we've been converting analog tapes into digital and it's been a mess since the DAT player is broken.

To answer your question: yes. I'd stick to the original demo of if god was a woman it was that kind of Country Blues with the slide guitar solo and the accordion filling up but anyway, that was the main issue because it was no commercial at all but hey! I'm sharing some tracks soon so hold on teddy bear!

rolo_tomachi 09-11-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275321)
What a week! we've been converting analog tapes into digital and it's been a mess since the DAT player is broken.

To answer your question: yes. I'd stick to the original demo of if god was a woman it was that kind of Country Blues with the slide guitar solo and the accordion filling up but anyway, that was the main issue because it was no commercial at all but hey! I'm sharing some tracks soon so hold on teddy bear!

That will be f***ing cool mate.
:-D

Don_Bossworth 09-12-2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275322)
That will be f***ing cool mate.
:-D

Sure it will.

Someone requested something related to a list of what I got and i'm not a collector but there certain songs that are still at my studio.

I'll escape the repeated attempts since 1996.

1996:
Love masked
Only love can do
Before you go
Who I Am
If God Was a Woman
Chained
Strangled
American Times

With Bon Jovi Band

Reclaimed Love
Past or Last
Aside from Love
All That Really Matters
All of Us (I Believe Jon used this one on his solo album)
Hard Times 1st Attempt
Forever

1997:
Ava's Eyes- this one is different than the accoustic version on Sounds Of Wood & Steel II album (there are lyrics)
It only hurts the most
Prelude (The story of Us)
Midnight Blues (Later Undiscovered Soul)
In It for Love (Alt. Version than the official record)
Numb
Over You (Trying Not to Get Over You)
Feel My Strings
Instrumental Improvisation #1
If I can't Have Your Love (1988 Re-used song)
Instrumental Improvisation #2
If I can't Have Your Love (Richie giving up on that song)
If God Was a Woman (Steven Tylor stage)
Numb (With Chris Cornell)
Instrumental Improvisation # 3 (Hard Times Come Easy Talk)
Hard Times Come Easy (Shooting Star Jp. Tv Show)
Was & Richie about Numb
Forever

1998:

Lo Unico Importante (All That Really Matters)
Cuando Estas Por Amor (In It for Love)
Chained (With Fx)
Downside of Love (Strings Version)
---------------------------------------

Undated:

Hurts
Anyone Can
I Can't be
All About Broken Love
Me Myself, Then I
These Times

Guys I'm still trying to get the whole track names but since some belong to Mercury Records so I won't be able to share.

I can ask Was for some kind of license or whatsover to share. I hope I won't cause a problema with copyright breaches. Let me know if there's something I can help with.

Make sure you understand that some songs were sent over tape recorded from some rehearsing show

rolo_tomachi 09-12-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275335)
Sure it will.

Someone requested something related to a list of what I got and i'm not a collector but there certain songs that are still at my studio.

1996:
Love masked
Only love can do
Before you go
Who I Am
If God Was a Woman
Chained
Strangled
American Times

With Bon Jovi Band

Reclaimed Love
Past or Last
Aside from Love
All That Really Matters
Hard Times 1st Attempt
Forever

1997:
Ava's Eyes- this one is different than the accoustic version on Sounds Of Wood & Steel II album (there are lyrics)
It only hurts the most
Numb
Feel My Strings
Was & Richie about Numb
Forever

1998:

Chained (With Fx)

Undated:

Hurts
Anyone Can
I Can't be
All About Broken Love
Me Myself, Then I
These Times

Guys I'm still trying to get the whole track names but since some belong to Mercury Records so I won't be able to share.

I can ask Was for some kind of license or whatsover to share. I hope I won't cause a problema with copyright breaches. Let me know if there's something I can help with.

Make sure you understand that some songs were sent over tape recorded from some rehearsing show

holy ****! Numb (With Chris Cornell)? Duet? backing vocals? oh my god. I love Chris Cornell.

jon-flp 09-12-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275335)
Sure it will.

1996:
Love masked
Only love can do
Before you go
Who I Am
If God Was a Woman
Chained
Strangled
American Times

With Bon Jovi Band

Reclaimed Love
Past or Last
Aside from Love
All That Really Matters
Hard Times 1st Attempt
Forever

1997:
It only hurts the most
Numb
Feel My Strings
Was & Richie about Numb
Forever

1998:

Chained (With Fx)

Undated:

Hurts
Anyone Can
I Can't be
All About Broken Love
Me Myself, Then I
These Times

That's simply amazing Don!! Thanks for all the work...hope we can hear this in some time! :D

Captain_jovi 09-12-2021 04:05 PM

What a freaking exciting day, thanks Don.

If I can ask, what made you say "All of Us (I Believe Jon used this one on his solo album)". Timeline wise this would mean it was for Destination Anywhere, something with no Richie co-write credits. Would be VERY Interesting to hear what song became that.

Downside of Love (Strings Version) got my attention the hardest, love that song.

bonjovi90 09-12-2021 04:30 PM

Starting to take all of this with a grain of salt. I apologize in advance if it's actually real, but I've seen this kind of fake before and it's becoming shockingly similar, especially that track list.

Plus, that pciture from the post:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1275246.html

...is actually a picture from a web shop with something unreadable edited into it:
https://shopotam.ru/catalog/Musical_...3733-item.html

blazeofglory 09-12-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275342)
Starting to take all of this with a grain of salt. I apologize in advance if it's actually real, but I've seen this kind of fake before and it's becoming shockingly similar, especially that track list.

Plus, that pciture from the post:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1275246.html

...is actually a picture from a web shop with something unreadable edited into it:
https://shopotam.ru/catalog/Musical_...3733-item.html

Same here. I've been hesitant to believe all this from the start, because some things didn't really add up in my eyes and I've witnessed these kinda situations, where people claimed to have insider knowledge even though they really didn't, before, so I generally take these kinda things with a huge grain of salt until there's actual substantial evidence that the person is telling the truth.

If I'm wrong and this is all real - my sincere apologies. But for now I'm still very hesitant to believe any of this.

Thinny 09-12-2021 05:49 PM

I've kept quiet on this so far as something felt off from the first post. He didn't come across as professional sounding and no one who was would consider sharing this kind of stuff in a fan group. It all just sounded like fan fiction. The whole thing about signing up under a misspelt name to be anonymous and then announcing who he was also seemed a little odd. The photoshop image kinda put the nail in the coffin. Sorry. not buying it. Feel free to prove me wrong though...

bonjovi90 09-12-2021 06:02 PM

Here's how a certain fake user had tried to trick fans into misleading this back in 2012. Seems all too similar:

Quote:

New Jersey Recording Sessions
Quality = 9 (Better than the NJ/KTF Outtakes, without noise)
Basically these were recorded after the outtakes sessions, and sure, before 1988, when New Jersey was just a crazy idea from the band... you might be wondering what's all about
Well, there's songs that lasts around 3 minutes until 13 minutes... Pretty rare with a extremely nice quality, so now.
What about the high price? Well, considering the shipping cost and the value of this "ultra-rare" masterpiece, which you wouldn't find on E-Bay or other systems.
What about me? Well I took out the rare stuff on DVD. Like Wembley stadium # 1. They said it was an engineer from the Bon Jovi stuff, but. It wasn't hahaha. Pretty nice
How did I get that stuff? Easy, spending a lot of money... even more than 13.000 dollars just on bon jovi stuff.

Tape 1 (Ft. Alice Cooper)
A side (Having a fun time with Alice)
1. House of fire (take 1, Bon Jovi's Version)
2. Jon talks
3. The Ballad of Alice Cooper (Full length version)
4. House of fire (Take 2, Duet with Alice Cooper)
Total Running time 44 minutes

B Side (Starting with the Jersey Project)
1. House of Fire (Bon Jovi's Final Version)
2. Does Anybody really fall in love anymore (Richie's Version)*
3. Lay Your Hands On Me (Drums Concept)
4. Lay Your Hands On Me (Vocal taste)
5. Lay your hands on me (Band's taste)
Total Running Time 43 Minutes
*= Vocals leader

Tape 2 (New Jersey's Session)
A Side: (That sounds like rock!)
1. Let's Make it baby*
2. In America
3. Trash (Bon Jovi's Concept)
4. Pretty shitty girl (Richie's Version)
5. Jon & Richie Talk
6. Does Anybody really fall in love anymore*
*= Rock version, almost Hard Rock
Total Running time 43 minutes
B Side (Extended Version)
1. Living In Sin (Take 1)
2. Living In Sin (Take 2)
3. Too Much, Too Soon*
4. 7 Days
5. Living in Sin ("Final" Take)
*= Different Lyrics
Total Running time = 44 Minutes

Tape 3 (Richie Sings Along)
A Side (Known Songs)
1. I'll be there for you (Pretty Awesome Version)*
2. Backdoor to Heaven (Take 1)
3. Backdoor to Heaven (Take 2)
4. Homebound train (Take 1)*
5. Homebound Train (Take 2)*
6. Hell is living without you*
7. Richie's Guitar Solo
*= Different lyrics & Rhythm
Total Running Time = 45 minutes
B Side (Richie Got Blues)
1. Midnight Pain
2. Diamond Ring*
3. Still Blues (I Think that's the name of the song)
4. Improved Blues
*=Blues Version
Total Running time = 35 Minutes

Tape 4 (New Jersey Taste)
A Side (Early Versions)
1. Let's Make it Baby (Rock Version)
2. House of Fire
3. Judgment Day
4. 7 Days
5. Rosie (Take 1)
6. Stick to Your Guns
7. Rocking Style
8. Backdoor to Heaven (Jon on vocals)
9. I'll be There For You (Richie on Vocals)
10. Cadillac Man (Take 1)
11. Diamond Ring (Early Rock Version)
Total Running time = 45 min
B Side (Early Version 2)
1. Love Is War*
2. Rosie (Take 2)*
3. Cadillac Man (Take 2)*
*= Really long takes
Total Running time 36 min

Tape 5 (Sounds like new Album)
1. Let's make it*
2. Fighter for Love*
3. Bad Medicine*
4. Stick to your guns*
Not too much, but pretty awesome!!
Recorded on '87
*= Acoustic versions, just with the verse of the songs, not chorus
Total Running time 12 minutes

Young Guns II

A Side (Acoustic Try) 1988-1989

1. Santa Fe
2. Young Gun (BOG)*
3. Wild horses
4. Wanted dead or alive*
5. Never Say Die
6. Blood Money*
7. Justice in the Barrel
Total Running time = 35 minutes
*= Alternated lyrics

B Side (Electric Try) 1989 -- 1990
1. Bang a Drum
2. Young Gun (BOG)
3. Miracle
4. Never Say Die (Heavy Version)
5. Run into the night
6. Dyin' Ain't Much of a Livin' (Rock Version)
7. Shogun
Total Running time = 40 minutes

7800º Fahrenheit 1985
A Side
1. The Price of Love
2. Prison break
3. Heat of the Night
4. Only Lonely
5. Secret Dreams (Take 1)
6. We Rule the Night
7. Edge of Metal
8. King of the mountain
Total Running time = 43 minutes
B Side
1. Secret Dreams (Take 2)
2. Broken Hearted
3. Twisted & Involved
4. Silent Night (Take 1)
5. Silent Night (Take 2)
6. Tokyo Road
7. Hear 'em Cry
8. Better watch out
Total Running time 39 minutes

Thinny 09-16-2021 01:40 PM

Check out this from Richie's Instagram - too short notice for me, but surprise show next Monday in London, also previewing the new album:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT4WDMlFtH7/

Hey UK! I’m playing a very intimate show in west London this coming Monday, the 20th September at a great spot called Bush Hall. A surprise show, just like how we used to do things.
I’d love to see some of you there, tickets are on sale right NOW. (link in bio)
All proceeds from the show to @wearefamilyfdtn

Nige 09-16-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275391)
Check out this from Richie's Instagram - too short notice for me, but surprise show next Monday in London, also previewing the new album:

Hey UK! I’m playing a very intimate show in west London this coming Monday, the 20th September at a great spot called Bush Hall. A surprise show, just like how we used to do things.

Ticket link:
*Edit* It is now sold out*

rolo_tomachi 09-16-2021 07:58 PM

Oh dude, So the wheel starts to roll.

Eveline 09-16-2021 08:41 PM

Checked out the capacity. 350 seats. Lucky folks.

Supersonic 09-17-2021 08:55 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275391)

It looks like his hair is trying to escape his head. You just can't look past that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rickysambo 09-17-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1275400)
Aloha !

It looks like his hair is trying to escape his head. You just can't look past that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Lmao, yep. Richie's always in his 1980s mode it seems like as much as we'd prefer him in the '90s mode.
Guess what's weirder, I clicked on the comments and saw Nikki Lund's comment on how Richie's always giving back to the community. Didn't she sue him for threatening to kill her or something?

Thinny 09-17-2021 11:44 AM

Worth noting that this show is for Nile Rodgers charity. Nile is on tour in the UK the same week, with a day off on Monday. I would say that there is a 100% chance of him showing up to jam with Richie.

rolo_tomachi 09-20-2021 06:49 PM

Any lucky Jovitalker is going to Richie Sambora's secret acoustic show?

rolo_tomachi 09-20-2021 09:17 PM

The show is going to start soon
http://fotos.subefotos.com/d2d93b520...4f2e7c960o.jpg