Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136435)
That was 2 months ago.

Now he's looking like a complete asshole who has screwed the fans over and he could not possibly care less.

Vince Neil travels separately from the rest of the Crue because he fights with Tommy so much, but at least they both go out there and give the fans what they paid for.

Agreed. It is well known that the stones fight but again they turn up and give the fans what they have shelled out for. This whole debacle is pathetic.

JoviJovi 06-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1136438)
Agreed. It is well known that the stones fight but again they turn up and give the fans what they have shelled out for. This whole debacle is pathetic.

Exactly, and this is how I would answer your question about Phil X. He is good, he has energy, but it is not what fans have shelled out for.

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1136438)

But you're just assuming it's just a mere disagreement or fight without any indication from the band that there has been one. For all we know Richie could have had a mental breakdown. There's more to life than playing music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1136441)
Exactly, and this is how I would answer your question about Phil X. He is good, he has energy, but it is not what fans have shelled out for.

Fans can put the shells back in their pockets with a refund. Pretty simple stuff.

danfan 06-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136443)
But you're just assuming it's just a mere disagreement or fight without any indication from the band that there has been one. For all we know Richie could have had a mental breakdown. There's more to life than playing music.

No way.

If that were the case, Jon would have come to his defense. The fact that Jon has said "You'll have to ask him", clearly indicates that Richie has a stick up his ass.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136443)

He or they should clarify if he or they dont want speculation. I dont think there is anything in this apart from a clash of ego's. That is why this situation is so crap. We pay a huge sum of money and at least deserve a bloody explanation.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136444)
No way.

If that were the case, Jon would have come to his defense. The fact that Jon has said "You'll have to ask him", clearly indicates that Richie has a stick up his ass.

Thanks danfan. My point exactly.

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136444)
No way.

I'm not saying he has had a breakdown but if he did he wouldn't want it spread around. If it were a simple fight why wouldn't they just say? Richie & Jon have had notable differences in the past but something like this didn't happen. Whatever has happened, I don't think Richie took his decision lightly.

hackster73 06-06-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136448)
I'm not saying he has had a breakdown but if he did he wouldn't want it spread around. If it were a simple fight why wouldn't they just say? Richie & Jon have had notable differences in the past but something like this didn't happen. Whatever has happened, I don't think Richie took his decision lightly.

As said both too big ego's and too stubborn to back down.

danfan 06-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136448)

At this point, I don't really care. I've never cared from the get-go what his reasons were, as long as they were valid. Given Jon's reactions as of late, they're not valid, at least in Jon's eyes, which means there was some sort of fight or Richie is just being unprofessional by backing out on his commitments.

Either way, the entire Bon Jovi organization ought to be ashamed of themselves how they've handled and continue to handle (or rather, not handle) this situation. Once again, they don't owe anyone details as to what the problem is, but they do owe the fans an explanation as to why Richie isn't there, and when or if he's coming back. 30 years for some of us and this is what we get?

ticos_stick 06-06-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136452)

Either way, the entire Bon Jovi organization ought to be ashamed of themselves how they've handled and continue to handle (or rather, not handle) this situation. Once again, they don't owe anyone details as to what the problem is, but they do owe the fans an explanation as to why Richie isn't there, and when or if he's coming back. 30 years for some of us and this is what we get?

Yes, I would agree that the communication has been pitiful, especially with all the social media outlets at hand these days. You could argue that it's the whole Jersey Syndicate way of keeping things in house but this isn't the mob.

At this stage I don't feel like bashing Richie though. Something tells me he had good reason to leave. I'll be the first to call him a dick if he left because of an argument.