Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi & The Kings of Suburbia - New York City, July 19th-21th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68572)

Faceman 07-26-2014 04:42 PM

Give them some rest and in 5 years they'll be back with a new album and tour.
They had the biggest tour last year so I can't imagine that Jon will let it go that easy. In his eyes they are still a big deal and relevant today (well, in terms of touring they obviously are).
So Richie's gonna do his solo stuff for a while, Dave has some fun with his musicals, Tico takes his time working on the golf court, Jon's playing some gigs with KoS and after a while they sit together settleling the whole s*it and go around again.

50 $ and a six pack of beer, who's in?

JackieBlue 07-26-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1180669)
Give them some rest and in 5 years they'll be back with a new album and tour.
They had the biggest tour last year so I can't imagine that Jon will let it go that easy. In his eyes they are still a big deal and relevant today (well, in terms of touring they obviously are).
So Richie's gonna do his solo stuff for a while, Dave has some fun with his musicals, Tico takes his time working on the golf court, Jon's playing some gigs with KoS and after a while they sit together settleling the whole s*it and go around again.

I don't think it'll be 5 years. :)

More and more, I think the only differences in this situation and the breakup with "5 different planes headed in 5 different directions" is that this time one of them just got on his plane before the others did. And because it happened during a tour instead of at the end of it, it's a more public break.

I doubt that the feelings are any stronger this time around than they were then. For the fans, maybe, but not necessarily for the band. I think it seems that way because, with the internet, we know more about it than fans did then; and with social media, we're keeping it stirred up more. So it just seems worse. JMO.

DestinationJovi 07-26-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1180670)
I don't think it'll be 5 years. :)

More and more, I think the only differences in this situation and the breakup with "5 different planes headed in 5 different directions" is that this time one of them just got on his plane before the others did. And because it happened during a tour instead of at the end of it, it's a more public break.

I doubt that the feelings are any stronger this time around than they were then. For the fans, maybe, but not necessarily for the band. I think it seems that way because, with the internet, we know more about it than fans did then; and with social media, we're keeping it stirred up more. So it just seems worse. JMO.

I disagree. There's a big difference between going 5 separate ways for a break when they were young and still had the prospect of a long successful career together, as opposed to going their separate ways after 30 years.

I don't know how long Richie will prefer solo/Ori over Bon Jovi, but if Jon does buy the Buffalo Bills, he's out for a while, if not indefinitely. That will be his main focus for a long time.

bonjovi90 07-27-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1180669)

I'm starting to guess you have a gambling problem :D

liljovi93 07-27-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1180666)
One of the only videos I've seen posted so far…he can't remember the words Halleljuah but seems to take it in stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofHkIogRHuw

Thanks for the link. He done well to keep going and sounded good too.

nickolai 07-27-2014 08:14 PM

mmm....4 years ago (in the Circle tour) if Jon had said that the band was done I'd have been gutted beyond imagination. They were at their post 2000 touring peak at this point. Richie was sober(ish), Jon's voice was the best since 1995 and they were playing all kinds of rarities. I'd have been shocked and gutted.

Right now, reading this, I'm not surprised and kind of pleased. I don't want to see them get back together in 5 years time. They'll all be in their/nearing 60s and will not be able to create that electricity that captured me to loving this band in the early 90s. The way I feel about the band now if how I would feel about a sick pet. Metaphorically speaking Bon Jovi need to be put out of their misery and ended. It's sad but there needs to be something official. Like Take That in the 90s!

Javier 07-27-2014 10:31 PM

There's something so tragic and comical in this whole thing. Chill out people, their body of work speaks for themselves and the songs that meant something to you and took a special place in your heart will always be there. But it's just a band, and it's always gonna be just a band. Put out of their misery?? Really?? If they tour again great!! If they don't, their legacy will always be there and the world won't end, and nothing will be missing from your life.....

crashed 07-27-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1180698)
There's something so tragic and comical in this whole thing. Chill out people, their body of work speaks for themselves and the songs that meant something to you and took a special place in your heart will always be there. But it's just a band, and it's always gonna be just a band. Put out of their misery?? Really?? If they tour again great!! If they don't, their legacy will always be there and the world won't end, and nothing will be missing from your life.....

Interesting point, but are they just a band to some of us? There's no other band message board I go on or spend inordinate amounts of time reading - even if I don't post as much anymore, no band that would actually upset me if it was dead and gone for good.

Now of course that just sounds sad when you say it about a band - I'm fully aware of that - but I've been listening to them for most of my life now, met my wife because of them, so many good friends. And while you're right in saying all that will still be there the one thing that will be missing will be those two or three times every few years I can go into a stadium full of people just like me and sing those songs I love without a ****ing care in the world, cause I'm at a Bon Jovi show.

Of course Seb thinks I need to be tone deaf to enjoy a show these days - but that's not all of what it's about for me. Never was about musical perfection, there are so many more artistic bands for that. Jovi was just about having fun but it looks like it's no longer fun for anyone anymore.

Javier 07-27-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1180699)
Interesting point, but are they just a band to some of us? There's no other band message board I go on or spend inordinate amounts of time reading - even if I don't post as much anymore, no band that would actually upset me if it was dead and gone for good.

Now of course that just sounds sad when you say it about a band - I'm fully aware of that - but I've been listening to them for most of my life now, met my wife because of them, so many good friends. And while you're right in saying all that will still be there the one thing that will be missing will be those two or three times every few years I can go into a stadium full of people just like me and sing those songs I love without a ****ing care in the world, cause I'm at a Bon Jovi show.

Of course Seb thinks I need to be tone deaf to enjoy a show these days - but that's not all of what it's about for me. Never was about musical perfection, there are so many more artistic bands for that. Jovi was just about having fun but it looks like it's no longer fun for anyone anymore.

Believe I understand. They are my favorite band, their songs have gotten me through most times than I count count or remember, they are the first band I liked when I was getting into music (and music is a VERY important component of my life). But taking things so personally or saying they shouldn't come back in 5 years is just out there. If they feel the need to tour until their 70's then really why should it matter if it doesn't have the same energy as their 90's shows?? Like I said, It's just a band....

Becky 07-27-2014 11:28 PM

It's more than just a band to me because they've played such a big part of my life. Many of my friendships started with Bon Jovi as our common ground. I have great memories of my family because my Dad was the greatest and would drive me to other states to see the band. In fact, I couldn't even listen to Bon Jovi for a long time after my dad died because of the family memories.

But right now, Bon Jovi has become a stress plate in my life. I have WAY too many significant stress plates on my table right now and I can only deal with so many so I'm taking Bon Jovi off the table. I can't control them, but I can control whether I let them affect me. Let everyone else fight it out. I'll just sit back and wait for Jon to make some new music in whatever avenue that turns out to be.