Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What About Now revisited (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70388)

bonjovi90 07-30-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243498)
Are you kidding right now? Of course it is... research "360 Deals" please

I'd stronly advise you to research that properly before throwing out names just to tweak your stories.

360 Deals were an alternative to a traditional record contract and the answer from record companies to the shifting dynamics in terms of selling music (with the arrival of getting music via the internet).
The first deal made was in 2002 with Robbie Williams and the first rock band to have gotten such a deal was Paramore from Atlantic records in 2004.
The record deal from Bon Jovi which we are discussing here was signed in 1983!

And they toured Asia in 2015 due to the changing dynamics in the band. By that time Richie had officially left and Bobby had gone AWOL as well. So they needed to figure out a way to continue and I'm sure Jon wanted to have that sorted out before starting with a proper album on home soil in 2016.
Other than that, it was the work of Irving Azoff with whom the contract had been signed in April of 2015. He took them to places they hadn't really visited before. On the one hand due to prestigious reasons (playing Isreal) and on the other hand because that's where money could be made.

Thinny 07-30-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1243499)
I'd stronly advise you to research that properly before throwing out names just to tweak your stories.

360 Deals were an alternative to a traditional record contract and the answer from record companies to the shifting dynamics in terms of selling music (with the arrival of getting music via the internet).
The first deal made was in 2002 with Robbie Williams and the first rock band to have gotten such a deal was Paramore from Atlantic records in 2004.

And they toured Asia in 2015 due to the changing dynamics in the band. By that time Richie had officially left and Bobby had gone AWOL as well. So they needed to figure out a way to continue and I'm sure Jon wanted to have that sorted out before starting with a proper album on home soil in 2016.
Other than that, it was the work of Irving Azoff with whom the contract had been signed in April of 2015. He took them to places they hadn't really visited before. On the one hand due to prestigious reasons (playing Isreal) and on the other hand because that's where money could be made.

Yeah, what he said.

The 360 deal was always frowned on by the artists and media, and it was the labels struggling to try and stay relevant in the early 2000s when everyone started to download music for free. It wasn't a record deal in the traditional sense. It pretty much fell flat on it's face and any artist with any sense wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Jon definitely wouldn't. You're right though, I had forgotten about it, mainly because it's so irrelevant these days.

Alphavictim 07-30-2018 06:44 PM

The last major artist I heard had signed one was Madonna, I think? Not sure how that worked out for her.

bonjovi90 07-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1243501)
The last major artist I heard had signed one was Madonna, I think? Not sure how that worked out for her.

Not sure about that either, but she had signed it in 2007, so that was quite some time ago as well.

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Their contract was renegotiated in the early 2000's so it is possible... but I never stated that Bon Jovi had that deal... I was just responding to a post where someone said BANDS IN GENERAL NEVER HAVE THAT DEAL... So Bang!!!

Second, stop the fairytale assumptions... The BB tour was not done for practice... That assumption is just as ridiculous as your other posts...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 07-30-2018 09:45 PM

I remember hearing BWC for the first time, it was terrible! I like a little live but in studio is bad...
My favorites are I’m with you, Amen, Room at the end of the world, With these two hands, Beautiful World...
That’s what the water made me was good opening the shows -_-
It was also good still having Richie solos, after WAN I don’t like any guitar solo... Sorry!!!

bonjovi90 07-30-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243509)
Their contract was renegotiated in the early 2000's so it is possible... but I never stated that Bon Jovi had that deal... I was just responding to a post where someone said BANDS IN GENERAL NEVER HAVE THAT DEAL... So Bang!!!

Second, stop the fairytale assumptions... The BB tour was not done for practice... That assumption is just as ridiculous as your other posts...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You have no proof of your theory that they were forced to tour in 2015 either. Just because in your head you think that's right doesn't make it better. It can be as much of the truth or as much of a fairytale as what I've said.
You obviously lack certain competences when it comes to discussions. As soon as someone states something that doesn't fit your theories, which in your head are the truth and nothing but that, you start attacking them rather than discussing it.
Interestingly, no one ever seems to pick up on your assumptions, but pretty much all participants usually agree and proof the other side that is presented. But in your head we are all probably just too dumb to see how wise your posts are. So be it.
I'd rather spend my time with something that's worth it since I just got a Pro Shot VHS of a certain concert in a small London theatre in 1990 that many fans have never though it'd exist. You know - fairytale stuff!

So long!

YOVANAfromPeru 07-30-2018 10:30 PM

Seems here are some egos as well lol

it’s all about opportunities and markets to tour aka Formula1, Rock in Rio, JBJ insisted for Israel, etc. “we know where and when, and why!” and he writes “about everything that goes on” bla bla bla...

bonjovi90 07-30-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1243512)
Seems here are some egos as well lol

it’s all about opportunities and markets to tour aka Formula1, Rock in Rio, JBJ insisted for Israel, etc. “we know where and when, and why!” and he writes “about everything that goes on” bla bla bla...

Yep, and let's settle it with that.

In the end the thread is about the quality of the album, or the lack of it.

Interestingly, Into The Echo and Burn With Me (while both not earth shattering either) are songs I like more than at least half of the album. I still wonder how stuff like Shine and State of Our Union had sounded. Maybe we'll get them someday.

Rdkopper 07-30-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1243511)
You have no proof of your theory that they were forced to tour in 2015 either. Just because in your head you think that's right doesn't make it better. It can be as much of the truth or as much of a fairytale as what I've said.
You obviously lack certain competences when it comes to discussions. As soon as someone states something that doesn't fit your theories, which in your head are the truth and nothing but that, you start attacking them rather than discussing it.
Interestingly, no one ever seems to pick up on your assumptions, but pretty much all participants usually agree and proof the other side that is presented. But in your head we are all probably just too dumb to see how wise your posts are. So be it.
I'd rather spend my time with something that's worth it since I just got a Pro Shot VHS of a certain concert in a small London theatre in 1990 that many fans have never though it'd exist. You know - fairytale stuff!

So long!

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you but understand that Bon Jovi is a business... In 2015, Jon had no desire to do anything with music... "His voice stopped working and his guitar even gave him the finger". If you think that those 9 shows across Asia were done by choice in 2015, think again.

Bon Jovi is a professional band. That tour was so thrown together, it was a complete mess... Bobby was gone so Dave brought in one of his guitar buddies, Matt O'Ree to assist. They are supporting Burning Bridges but playing a greatest hits set. Usually tickets go on sales 6 to 9 months prior to a show and I think these tickets went on sale within a month of the first show.

Jon wanted nothing to do with Burning Bridges and nothing to do with that Tour... It was all forced by the Record Company.

I think my facts add up a lot better than this:

Quote:

Btw, They didn't do this with the current lineup they have now. They worked it all out in rehearsal.