Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Oasis topic. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44962)

Ferret 06-16-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 841438)
I bought all their albums until SOTSOG. First I thought it was the worst piece of music that I ever spent money for, but later my then-girlfriend convinced me that it is actually quite good. Interesting at least. I haven't been listening to that album in years, I somewhat lost interest in them. My brother bought "Heathen Chemistry", and I listened to it a few times back then, and I really enjoyed it I must say. Maybe their best album since "Morning Glory".

When "Be Here Now" came out I was quite enthusiastic about it. I was on holiday in Sweden, saw the advertising everywhere (as it was with "These Days" two years earlier) and bought it straight away. I loved most of the album, but when I listen to it now I just don't get the feeling back. I remember the title track being played before the Bon Jovi show in 2001. ;-)
I'm quite sure that my brother bought "Don't Believe The Truth", but to be honest I'm not sure if I have a copy of that or not. At least not on my PC, so possibly I have never been listening to this album. I have to be in the mood for it, you know. Their songs all sound so similar that have to get really into them. Like I never really got into the much praised debut album, though "Live forever" and "Supersonic" are fine songs.

Once I will put my own collection together, and that will be a very good CD. My favourite track? "Some Might Say" maybe.

Standing On the Shoulder Of Giants is probably their worst album, but it has some great songs on it IMO, like Gas Panic and Who Feels Love. I advise you to check out Don't Believe the Truth also, there are some really good songs on there.

alonso14 06-16-2008 06:31 PM

Best there was. Best there is. Best there ever will be:cool:

Ferret 06-25-2008 11:44 AM

NEW ALBUM & SINGLE DETAILS ANNOUNCED
24 June 2008

‘The Shock Of The Lightning’ new single out September 29th

‘Dig Out Your Soul’ new album out October 6th

Oasis are set to return later this year with a new single and their seventh studio album. The single,‘The Shock Of The Lightning’ is released on September 29th and the album, ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ follows in October; it is the first new Oasis music since last year’s ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, taken from the on the road film of the same name. ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ sees Dave Sardy return to the producer’s chair following his work on their 2005 album, ‘Don’t Believe The Truth’. Recorded at Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles, all four members once again contribute tracks, but the recording marks a new approach for the band as described by the band’s principle songwriter, Noel:

“I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight. I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to - to feel.”

The lead single is still unmistakably Oasis, a Noel penned song with Liam’s immediately familiar voice to the fore underlining their distinctive brand of finger in the socket rock ’n’ roll.

‘The Shock Of The Lightning’ may well represent the most recognisable Oasis song on the album but, again, the new approach on ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ was present on this lead track as Noel explains:

“If ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’ sounds instant and compelling to you, it’s because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast. ‘The Shock of The Lightning’ basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best.”

‘Dig Out Your Soul’ will be the first album released on the band’s own Big Brother label worldwide.

Keep checking back to Oasisinet for more news..

Ferret 06-30-2008 06:40 PM

Hey Seb, like the Columbia lyrics in your sig :)

Supersonic 06-30-2008 10:22 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 853740)
Hey Seb, like the Columbia lyrics in your sig :)

:) You're not the only one. Hehehe. 8)

Just listened to the live version from Barrowlands, still one of the best live versions of that song ever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ferret 07-01-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 853940)
Aloha !

:) You're not the only one. Hehehe. 8)

Just listened to the live version from Barrowlands, still one of the best live versions of that song ever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I have the Barrowlands gig, but I've only listened to a few songs from it. I need to get round to listening to the whole thing, as the setlist's really good and I've seen loads of Oasis fans bigging it up. Columbia's a ****ing great song though, gotta check out that version of it.

alonso14 07-04-2008 11:59 AM

Barrowlands is the best live gig ive got, the energy and atmosphere is amazing. Would kill to see them in a smaller venue like that.

Ferret 07-06-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 824689)
Well I downloaded the new demos overnight last night - and I hit up my sons Oasis album collection. I intend to spend the weekend listening, hopefully without a prejudiced mind, and I'll see if I come away with an appreciation of the band.

Did you ever listen to your son's Oasis collection, Kathleen?

alonso14 08-04-2008 01:02 AM

This video shows they are the best in the world in jst 2.46 seconds. New song is at the end. God I cant wait, and bring on the tour:cool:

Tixy 08-04-2008 10:56 PM

hit after hit after hit...