Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   March 18th 2017 - Nationwide Arena, Columbus Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69908)

Rdkopper 03-19-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1221165)
If we're slashing I'd go even further. Blood on Blood was never a hit and was played the last few tours VERY often. It's a fan favourite but the same fan favourite tour after tour means that it's the perfect song to replace with something. You could conceivably cut all three non hits, those two crowd pleasers...the hits you listed need to be there minus blood on blood. The rest are good to go or be switched out more often.

All true... interesting what you said about Blood on Blood because I was thinking the same thing about how to categorize it...

Someday I'll Be Saturday night wasn't a hit either but became one amongst fans because it was on crossroads... Blood On Blood is on the Greatest Hits now and so well know because its on New Jersey...

It might not have been a chart topping hit but it's still a hit amongst fans....

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-19-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1221166)
All true... interesting what you said about Blood on Blood because I was thinking the same thing about how to categorize it...

Someday I'll Be Saturday night wasn't a hit either but became one amongst fans because it was on crossroads... Blood On Blood is on the Greatest Hits now and so well know because its on New Jersey...

It might not have been a chart topping hit but it's still a hit amongst fans....

The Greatest Hits from 2010 doesn't have the same reach 1994 Crossroad's did for a variety of reasons. It's one of their best songs but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be played as a hit song. I'd be happy to go without it if something we haven't heard as much takes its place but that might just be me.

Rdkopper 03-19-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1221168)
The Greatest Hits from 2010 doesn't have the same reach 1994 Crossroad's did for a variety of reasons. It's one of their best songs but it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be played as a hit song. I'd be happy to go without it if something we haven't heard as much takes its place but that might just be me.

And New Jersey had a bigger reach then Crossroads (in the US)... I just think of all songs that need to go, Blood On Blood isn't one of them. It's up there with Never Say Goodbye which also wasn't a single..

DryCounty 03-19-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1221171)
And New Jersey had a bigger reach then Crossroads (in the US)... I just think of all songs that need to go, Blood On Blood isn't one of them. It's up there with Never Say Goodbye which also wasn't a single..

Never Say Goodbye was very much a single. Charting at #28 on Billboard as a 4th single is not bad at all.

bonjovi90 03-19-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1221174)
Never Say Goodbye was very much a single. Charting at #28 on Billboard as a 4th single is not bad at all.

I thought that Never Say Goodbye was only a single in the UK? I remember on VH-1's Ultimate Albums Jon said that the record company wanted to release another track to radio, but the band deliberately "pulled the plug on what was the biggest album of the year".

Or could it have been that the song wasn't an official single, but made it into the Hot 100 Airplay charts anyway? I vaguely remember Edge of a Broken Heart doing the same...

DryCounty 03-19-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1221175)
I thought that Never Say Goodbye was only a single in the UK? I remember on VH-1's Ultimate Albums Jon said that the record company wanted to release another track to radio, but the band deliberately "pulled the plug on what was the biggest album of the year".

Or could it have been that the song wasn't an official single, but made it into the Hot 100 Airplay charts anyway? I vaguely remember Edge of a Broken Heart doing the same...

Well, after double checking it didn't chart on Billboard, my bad. It did however chart on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks at #11.
It did chart pretty decent in the UK, must have mixed it up. It could have just gotten decent airplay and wasn't physically released a single in the US.

DestinationJovi 03-19-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

It was released as a radio single, but not a commercial single available for purchase.

Rdkopper 03-19-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1221174)

Based on radio play... was never officially released

Captmorgs 03-20-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1221181)
Based on radio play... was never officially released

I think I recall Jon saying the record company wanted to release Never Say Goodbye as a single and keep the tour going, but the band was spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 03-20-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

This! Edge got radio play too... I remember driving myself nuts trying to find it on Slippery (and other albums). I was 14, there was no internet, and I wasn't smart enough to call a record store... I had no idea it was on a Soundtrack until years later...

Anyway, Slippery 'Hits' were Bad Name, Prayer, and Wanted... NSG and Edge received radio airplay but were never 'Hits'... NSG became an underground hit because everyone and their mother had the album and knew the song... It was a high school prom song.

Blood on Blood kinda followed a similar fate in the fact that it was supposed to be a single... The band made a video for it and it was fan favorite for everyone and their mother who owned that album too...