Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Box Set songs "Histories" on BJ.com (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29839)

Grantos1 07-18-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1180262)
So which ones are believed to be JBJ solo songs?

Also, does anyone have the Japan version that supposedly has a bonus disc? I've never seen it

The page on Wikipedia has a track listing, it's a collection of B sides etc that have all been released before.

Grantos1 07-18-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1180263)
I'm positive I've narrowed it down somewhere but I can't find it.

Definites:
Rich man living in a poor man's heart
Shut up and kiss me
Crazy Love
Kidnap an angel
Temptation

My assumptions:
I get a rush
These arms are open all night
Last Chance Train
River runs dry

I am sure the assumptions are definitely solo songs. Temptation differs from that which was a B Side from Crush, so perhaps one was a solo and the other changed during the Sex Sells sessions.

Someday Just Might Be Tonight was written in the same time frame, but is credited to Richie aswell, so perhaps it was reworked by both JBJ & RS during the Sex Sells sessions?

Captain_jovi 07-18-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1180267)
I am sure the assumptions are definitely solo songs. Temptation differs from that which was a B Side from Crush, so perhaps one was a solo and the other changed during the Sex Sells sessions.

Someday Just Might Be Tonight was written in the same time frame, but is credited to Richie aswell, so perhaps it was reworked by both JBJ & RS during the Sex Sells sessions?

Yeah Someday Just might be tonight you can hear Richie pretty clearly singing. Generally my rule of thumb is if he's a co-writer it wasn't a solo track.

Temptation's redux just has Bobby's playing all over it, that vibrato end note at the end is pure Bobby Bandiera.

Rdkopper 07-18-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1180267)

I don't think b-sides matter. A JBJ solo song could be included as a band bside.

Captain_jovi 07-18-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1180276)
I don't think b-sides matter. A JBJ solo song could be included as a band bside.

I really wish they were stricter with that stuff.

Lucas_Roli 07-25-2014 07:00 PM

From around 2:58 mark I Just Want To Be Your Man sounds exactly like Fields of Fire to me,and not only just then,during the song there are many similarities (at least to my ears) with Fields of Fire.
So I guess the studio version from Fields of Fire that we know was indeed recorded in 1994.

Edit: Lol,this post seems so random :D

FLAME-XIII 07-25-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1180262)

Also, does anyone have the Japan version that supposedly has a bonus disc? I've never seen it

I have it. there is also nice postcards. but you know....2nd booklet, postcards, bonus cd - Made in Japan, box set - Made in USA (IMHO! coz it have FBI notice), and other cds and dvd - Made in EU...