Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Real Life? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54841)

theholycowboy1970 07-09-2018 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Captain_jovi;1242908]That's a bit confusing that it was to be self produced with Bruce Fairbairn also involved. I believe Desmond co-wrote the song Sex Sells so that might be where the confusion is.

Also that's not entirely true that he can release anything he wants to. It's up to the label what does/doesn't come out.

Those secrets... I keep Sex Sells and 7800 Fahrenheit demos on my wish list...
BTW: If I can’t have Your love and Outlaws of Love belong to the New Jersey record. And for the double disc edition they took out 7 songs.

One question: is there any reason why Lay Your Hands On Me has no demo version?

bonjovi90 07-09-2018 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=theholycowboy1970;1242909]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1242908)
That's a bit confusing that it was to be self produced with Bruce Fairbairn also involved. I believe Desmond co-wrote the song Sex Sells so that might be where the confusion is.

Also that's not entirely true that he can release anything he wants to. It's up to the label what does/doesn't come out.

BTW: If I can’t have Your love and Outlaws of Love belong to the New Jersey record. And for the double disc edition they took out 7 songs.

If I Can't Have Your Love can be heard on the demo sessions for Richie's solo album, so I don't see how this belongs to New Jersey.

Lay Your Hands On Me was written in Vancouver as pretty much the last song for the album and there have been no demos around from that production stage.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 07-09-2018 07:58 AM

JBJ: "The Slippery Tour ended in Hawaii, and we stayed there a while because everyone needed a rest. Then we all left. We didn't do anything for three or four weeks then the phone calls started to change from Whatcha doin' today? to Hey, I got this neat hook! Then we demoed the first batch of songs. Seventeen in all. There was a couple of good ones in there but we didn't have THE amazing song. I panicked, to be honest. I really wanted to do it again, not for monetary reasons - I have plenty of money - but it was such an amazing feeling to have done what we've done. There was this real fear of not being able to write Bad Name again. We sat in the house and wrote this song called Love Is War and it sounded great but I wanted to write Bad Name so much it came out with exactly the same chord progression! Richie was saying, Don't worry about it, we'll get back in the groove. And I'm walking around the house yelling. I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****ing hot songs! Then we started on the second batch and they came flooding out: Born To Be My Baby, Bad Medicine, Lay Your Hands On Me..."

theholycowboy1970 07-09-2018 02:06 PM

[quote=bonjovi90;1242910]
Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycowboy1970 (Post 1242909)
If I Can't Have Your Love can be heard on the demo sessions for Richie's solo album, so I don't see how this belongs to New Jersey.

Lay Your Hands On Me was written in Vancouver as pretty much the last song for the album and there have been no demos around from that production stage.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

The credits of the song are: Desmond, Warren, Jon Bon Jovi and Sambora but the same happened to Rosie unfinished songs. And thanks a lot for the information about lay your hands 😅

theholycowboy1970 07-09-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1242911)
JBJ: "The Slippery Tour ended in Hawaii, and we stayed there a while because everyone needed a rest. Then we all left. We didn't do anything for three or four weeks then the phone calls started to change from Whatcha doin' today? to Hey, I got this neat hook! Then we demoed the first batch of songs. Seventeen in all. There was a couple of good ones in there but we didn't have THE amazing song. I panicked, to be honest. I really wanted to do it again, not for monetary reasons - I have plenty of money - but it was such an amazing feeling to have done what we've done. There was this real fear of not being able to write Bad Name again. We sat in the house and wrote this song called Love Is War and it sounded great but I wanted to write Bad Name so much it came out with exactly the same chord progression! Richie was saying, Don't worry about it, we'll get back in the groove. And I'm walking around the house yelling. I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****ing hot songs! Then we started on the second batch and they came flooding out: Born To Be My Baby, Bad Medicine, Lay Your Hands On Me..."

Nice explanation! Muchas gracias! Haha

JackieBlue 07-09-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycowboy1970 (Post 1242913)

The credits of the song are: Desmond, Warren, Jon Bon Jovi and Sambora but the same happened to Rosie unfinished songs. And thanks a lot for the information about lay your hands 😅

Not according to ASCAP. The only songwriters are Richie, Desmond, and Diane Warren. Jon isn't listed.

Captain_jovi 07-09-2018 09:33 PM

Same on my credits too, it's a solo Richie song, that I 100 percent believe was recorded for the box set. That voice is pure 2004 Richie.

JackieBlue 07-09-2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1242918)
Same on my credits too, it's a solo Richie song, that I 100 percent believe was recorded for the box set. That voice is pure 2004 Richie.

I don't know, Captain. I know Richie confirmed that it was David playing the piano, so they might have re-recorded it in 2004. But that could also mean it was recorded for SITT, since David and Tico were involved with that one. In the box set notes, Jon says that it was "a song that didn't make one of his solo records" and the track listing says "unreleased solo track". (I know that could refer to US, too; but it sounds a bit more like Stranger to me.)

There are 2 different YT videos that seem to come from the same original recording. One is labeled "demo session 1990" and the other says "original electric version from rehearsal, oct 5th, 1990". When I listen to those, and compare them to the box set version, the voice sounds the same to me - the same phrasing, same variations on some of the same notes. It's more polished, obviously; but I think that would be the case whether it was recorded in 2004 or taken from a final studio cut for SITT. I could go either way, but I'd lean more towards it being an outtake from Stranger. JMO. :)

Rdkopper 07-10-2018 02:22 AM

Quote:

That's a bit confusing that it was to be self produced with Bruce Fairbairn also involved. I believe Desmond co-wrote the song Sex Sells so that might be where the confusion is.

Out Laws is now back to New Jersey?? No longer KTF?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-10-2018 03:27 AM

Quote:

And for the double disc edition they took out 7 songs.

What do you mean 'they took out 7 songs?'... you mean didn't include 7 songs that wanted to?

I never heard of this. Which songs were they?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk