Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Fan Club Package Updates (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70782)

Rdkopper 11-19-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1270240)
Aloha !

It all feels really desperate to me. 2020 didn't sell and no one cares for it but a few Bon Jovi fans. He then starts up a fanclub to promote christmas songs recorded with a band no one gives a shit about just so he's able to have an audience for them while at the same time being fully aware that the one thing people really want (unreleased stuff with the real band) is not being offered here. Instead, he offers a live recording of 2020 with bonus songs which'll be more hits everyone's grown tired of hearing and teases early stuff just so people might sign up only to let them down as there's just no way they'll be releasing live records from the era people still cared for this band. It's honestly no wonder people continue to lose interest and yet they continue down the same path over and over again. Is this 2020 vision?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

No. I don't agree with any of this. Dammed if he does, dammed if he doesnt.

This is Jon getting with the times and opening the archives like Bruce and so many others.

A project this massive was in the works for years. Well before 2020 was even a thing. I met Obie during the This House tour and wrote a long post about this 4 years ago. I also personally asked him for those Red Bank shows and I couldn't be more excited to see what comes out of this.

Fans desperately wanted and asked for a Christmas Album for years and it's the holiday season. That might not even be part of this package.

2020 didnt do as well with sales but neither did These Days... It's not Jon's typical release due to the pandemic but it probably sold no different then This House and all the others but it just wasn't connected to ticket sales. The album however was a huge success with the fans.

I think Jon is past the point of "desperate". I think if anyone is desperate, its you. You have limited details like the rest of us but yet you post a review on it like it's a matter of fact. Just relax and stop being you for once.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

jovifan93 11-19-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1270246)

This is Jon getting with the times and opening the archives like Bruce and so many others.

A project this massive was in the works for years. Well before 2020 was even a thing. I met Obie during the This House tour and wrote a long post about this 4 years ago. I also personally asked him for those Red Bank shows and I couldn't be more excited to see what comes out of this.

Fans desperately wanted and asked for a Christmas Album for years and it's the holiday season. That might not even be part of this package.

2020 didnt do as well with sales but neither did These Days... It's not Jon's typical release due to the pandemic but it probably sold no different then This House and all the others but it just wasn't connected to ticket sales. The album however was a huge success with the fans.

I think Jon is past the point of "desperate". I think if anyone is desperate, its you. You have limited details like the rest of us but yet you post a review on it like it's a matter of fact. Just relax and stop being you for once.

I seldomly happen to agree with all of what you say, but this! Only criticism I have is that JBJ could and probably should be clearer with what's in it for the subscribers, but hey, we'll know soon enough...

Faceman 11-19-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

2020 didnt do as well with sales but neither did These Days...

???

These Days went through the roof everywhere but in the US. And even there they managed to peak at No. 9.
There's nothing to be compared with 68.000 sales of 2020.

Litneg 11-19-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Agreed!

It's kinda unlikely that Jon woke up one day and said to himself "what a great f****** day to do The JBJ Experience!"

It's a different time from These Days and Bounce, but I think the comparation you made works.

Also, the live show wasn't a desperate move. It was just an opportunity they had when the iHeart thing came up. As the band is not gathering together soon, it seems to be the right thing to do.

And about the KoS: all of them live nearby Jon right? It's much more easier to put 'em together than make the whole band travel across the country to do one shot.

bjcrazycpa 11-19-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1270250)
Agreed!

It's kinda unlikely that Jon woke up one day and said to himself "what a great f****** day to do The JBJ Experience!"

It's a different time from These Days and Bounce, but I think the comparation you made works.

Also, the live show wasn't a desperate move. It was just an opportunity they had when the iHeart thing came up. As the band is not gathering together soon, it seems to be the right thing to do.

And about the KoS: all of them live nearby Jon right? It's much more easier to put 'em together than make the whole band travel across the country to do one shot.

Jon made your very point in the live chat that he did the Christmas songs with KOS because they were easily accessible and close by! I enjoyed the chat and was amazed he sat their for an hour taking questions. He was quite fun and relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinny 11-19-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1270249)
???

These Days went through the roof everywhere but in the US. And even there they managed to peak at No. 9.
There's nothing to be compared with 68.000 sales of 2020.

In fact it's still their biggest selling album outside of Cross Road here in the UK I believe

Thinny 11-19-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Fans desperately wanted and asked for a Christmas Album for years

They did!?

steel_horse75 11-19-2020 02:20 PM

New Fan Club Package Updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1270254)
They did!?

Everyone has said that for years don’t you remember? Oh that’s right. They haven’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-19-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1270254)
They did!?

Absolutely. Watch any Bon Jovi Christmas video on YouTube and read the comments. Even most recently when these three songs were announced, a group I follow on FB were all chatting about a completed Christmas Album.

Litneg 11-19-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1270256)
Absolutely. Watch any Bon Jovi Christmas video on YouTube and read the comments. Even most recently when these three songs were announced, a group I follow on FB were all chatting about a completed Christmas Album.

I never got the reason on why all this excitement with Christmas albums out there, but whatever I'm in for new songs hahahaha