Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   40th Anniversary Boxset (2025) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70845)

Savvi 10-11-2021 01:31 PM

"Summer's Gone" is on the Beach Boy's 2012 album That's Why God Made The Radio. It's actually my least favourite track on the album and would be a waste of space on the box set.

I do however very much want to hear Hurricane Butterfly. Also, would love a version of Burn With Me with much better vocals (Jon sounds like a strangled cat in the available version).

Also, Let It Rain is a 90's demo? I have obviously missed something.

Nige 10-11-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1275864)
Also, Let It Rain is a 90's demo? I have obviously missed something.

I think that refers to the song he recorded with Pavarotti, not the 2020 song.

BTW - Elvis in Vegas is a 94 demo from the CR/TD sessions. That would be high on my list of "must hear" tracks.

bonjovi90 10-11-2021 01:47 PM

Summer's Gone - as far as I remember - wasn't written by Jon, but he came in and contributed a verse and some lines.
So I doubt there's a recording of his in the vaults.

Quote:

"Summer's Gone," the final track on "Radio," was finished with the help of Jon Bon Jovi. " 'Summer's Gone' was something we wrote one verse to and then Jon Bon Jovi came by the studio one day and he called it Brian's 'My Way,' " Thomas said. "Jon collaborated with us a little on it, changing the melody in a couple of spots. He wrote some really nice verses that kind of tied it all in together. We definitely appreciated the contribution because it took it from one great verse to one great song."
https://web.archive.org/web/20120729...g-radio-waves/

Jovi98 10-11-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1275861)
Nice list, but I would make a few modifications ;)
Live CD is out and another CD with Demos is in

CD-5
All We Are (THINFS)
All In The Name Of Love (DA)
Chaising Amy* (Movie)
Halo (2020)
Have A Nice Day (HAND Demo)
Hurricane Butterfly (THINFS?)
It Only Takes One To Say Goodbye* (Bounce)
Love is Just Another (KTF)
Nobody Heroes (CR/TD Demo)*
Notorious (SWW)
Revenge* (KTF Demo)
This Ain't a Drinking Song* (TD Demo)
Water Into Wine (KTF Demo)
I Watched Her Walk Away (Bounce?)
Song For Petter Pan Movie

List of songs I'm looking forward to the most:
01.Sex Sells
02.Chaising Amy
03.Rage Of Angels
04.Crying
05.It Only Takes One To Say Goodbye
06.Just Like A Princess
07.State Of Our Union
08. I Watched Her Walk Away (Bounce?)
09.This Ain't Love
10.Nothing
11.Nobody Heroes (CR/TD Demo)
12.We All Sleep Alone / Revenge* (KTF Demo)

+ It would be nice to see first version videoclip to "Welcome To Wherever You Are"

God every time I see the title "it only takes one to say goodbye" I'm excited :D

About " I watched her walk away" yes, should be an outtake from the Bounce era.

Hurricane Butterfly more probably is an outtake from THINFS.

Crying for the band was too sad and according to them it hasn't left the notebook, even if there's a little possibility they've recorded it.

There is also the song "Elvis in Vegas" that could be in the box set.

Someone mentioned the song " Love to fall" feat Avicii, but according to Jon if I'm not wrong, he said that they haven't recorded it.

BonJovi100 10-11-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1275867)
God every time I see the title "it only takes one to say goodbye" I'm excited :D
About " I watched her walk away" yes, should be an outtake from the Bounce era.
Hurricane Butterfly more probably is an outtake from THINFS.
Crying for the band was too sad and according to them it hasn't left the notebook, even if there's a little possibility they've recorded it.
There is also the song "Elvis in Vegas" that could be in the box set.
Someone mentioned the song " Love to fall" feat Avicii, but according to Jon if I'm not wrong, he said that they haven't recorded it.

Although I have included a few songs on my list that have been given away to other artists it seems unlikely that we will hear tracks like "Elvis In Vegas" (Meat Loaf) or "We All Sleep Alone" (Cher).

Avicii said that Jon wasn't too keen to finish recording the track. It probably only exists in a demo version, but the Bon Jovi camp is unlikely to own it.

blazeofglory 10-11-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1275865)
I think that refers to the song he recorded with Pavarotti, not the 2020 song.

BTW - Elvis in Vegas is a 94 demo from the CR/TD sessions. That would be high on my list of "must hear" tracks.

Oh I had no idea that Elvis In Vegas was from 94 - it's an ultimate "must hear" track for me either way, but that makes it even more of a "must hear" track :D

steel_horse75 10-12-2021 12:04 AM

I can’t see songs given away to other artists being on the box set although would love Elvis in Vegas.
Meatloafs version is perfect for his opera rock but 1994s Jon would have sounded amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 10-22-2021 11:40 PM

“To coincide with what will be our 40th anniversary in 2023, we’re in the midst of archiving anything and everything we have, and much to my surprise, there’s probably 40 or 50 songs that we had no idea existed. We’re going through that all right now. And now that technology is such - whether it’s lyric books or photographs and video and film and things - I had no idea that I was such a hoarder, we have a lot. And to coincide with the 40th anniversary is going to be the be all end all box set.”

Xavi 10-23-2021 01:11 AM

I dont believe any single word Jon Bon Jovi says.

Peter_Nik 10-23-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1276018)
I dont believe any single word Jon Bon Jovi says.

I absolutely agree