Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177019)
There are more titles... but I don't Know the year.

ALL THE WAY BACK HOME Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Charles Sexton.

CAVE OF THE HEART Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Desmond Child, Robert Kulick.

CLOSING TIME Writer: John Bongiovi, William Falcone.

HOUSE OF CARDS Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Robert Rocks, Gustus Vassos.

I’LL HELP YOU OUT
Writer: John Bongiovi, Desmond Child.

LOVE FOR Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora.

ONE MAN BAND
Writer: John Bongiovi, Desmond Child, Eric Bazillian.

THAT’S THE STORY OF LOVE Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Dave Armato, Ted Nugent.

ROAD TO REGRET
Writer: John Bongiovi, William Falcone, Paul Jefferson.

SLIPPERY WHEN WET
Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Desmond Child.

UNDER THE GUN Writer: John Bongiovi, Richard Sambora, Joseph Reno, Dean Warren.

These titles may belong to songs we already have but with a different title. Or maybe they never reached the recording from studio.

These song titles are from that Song Write Hall Of Fame web page. I posted it a year or so ago and we dismissed some of these titles. I'll see if I could go back and find the post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177019)
Rosie or Cadillac Man may be hidden tracks on disc 2. Crossing Fingers.

Fingers are crossed. I was thinking the same thing. Being that Cadillac Man would be a live recording and was written between Jersey and Faith, it would be a better fit for NJ as a hidden track. This would really be the icing on the cake for me. Although I'd like to have Rosie, I could live without it being that Richie did it and I already have a decent recording of it.

Who knows, we could get both. There should be plenty of room left of the CD.

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zani (Post 1177034)
7800º Farenheit
Disc 1 Full Album + We Rule The Night + Heart of America.

Oh Yea, Heart Of America. I've had this song for a while but recently got an outstanding audio of it.

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 04:50 AM

Dalton - you're not my lover

Hall and Oats - so close, so far away

2 awesome tunes written by them, I'd love to hear Jon demo.

Grantos1 05-26-2014 08:59 AM

Will be interesting to see what album gets the anniversary treatment, but they won't release demo tracks if they are rough cuts and I think alot of the older tracks listed as potential disc 2 tracks never made it past this stage.

jovifan93 05-26-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176952)
A little off topic but cool info. Michael Jackson's newest single Love Never Felt So Good was originally just Michael Singing with a piano, however because the piano and vocal were on the same track they couldn't separate them so what they did was, just filled the music around it to drown out the piano. If you listen to the final version, you could hardly even tell it's there and when you do hear it, it actually fits in fine.

I would love it if they could do this with the SWW basement demos. Keep Jon's raw vocal and just mix some simple rock music with it. I know it would never happen unless Jon was dead and even at best, they would have to be really desperate. But still a cool concept.

Love Never Felt So Good - Original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cu6FOUW6s4

Love Never Felt So Good - Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnuTGGuAVs

Well done, but I think you do hear the piano very clearly, it just fits in nicely :-)

Stranger11 05-26-2014 01:15 PM

I always liked that little snippet of "Fighter for Love" from AAA.
Another song along with Cadillac Man and others that probably were written mid-tour that we´ll never gonna hear.

Lucas_Roli 05-26-2014 02:30 PM

I got a question guys.I never thought of this untill now,but what do you think,will the demo versions sound like these

Or will they sound slightly different?And I don't mean the quality,I mean the instruments and probably lyrics. I'm really curious if Backdoor to Heaven will have an extended outro with screams like the preproduction demos has.

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177055)
I got a question guys.I never thought of this untill now,but what do you think,will the demo versions sound like these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PQQgBfHHI

Or will they sound slightly different?And I don't mean the quality,I mean the instruments and probably lyrics. I'm really curious if Backdoor to Heaven will have an extended outro with screams like the preproduction demos has.

Considering disc 2 are strictly demos and actually contain songs already included from disc 1, my guess is that they will be the same as the link you provided. It's not going to be a 'Lets Make It Baby' situation.

We'll find out soon enough. Hopefully snippets will be posted soon.

Nige 05-26-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177018)
THIS got my attention. Where did you hear this info?

Funnily enough I thought it was on here....There was an early article where Jon was talking about new songs. The main focus was a song called Can I Be happy now which I think it's fairly safe to assume became Happy Now but he also listed about three other titles...Two of them ended up on The Circle but the third one was Just Like A Princess.

hope that helps.

Nige 05-26-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177055)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PQQgBfHHI

I think they'll sound like the YouTube clip basically but in better quality. Depends how many of the songs made it past pre-production and into the demo stage though...They might be totally different!

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1177059)
I think they'll sound like the YouTube clip basically but in better quality. Depends how many of the songs made it past pre-production and into the demo stage though...They might be totally different!

What is the order? Pre-production then demo? I always thought they were one in the same?

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1177051)
I always liked that little snippet of "Fighter for Love" from AAA.
Another song along with Cadillac Man and others that probably were written mid-tour that we´ll never gonna hear.

There was actually the start of a song right before that were Jon says that he can't remember the lyric but knows the tune.

"Delisio Delisio you don't know your name" (or something like that)

Lucas_Roli 05-26-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177062)
What is the order? Pre-production then demo? I always thought they were one in the same?

I don't think so.For example checkout the preproduction demo of Edge Of A Broken Heart

And now the studio demo

You can see that the instruments and lyrics are slightly different.Same with Backdoor to Heaven,the preproduction demo has different vocals,no backing vocals,some screams at the end and the guitar is totally diferent.
So i guess that there is a preproduction demo and after that comes the demo..

rolo_tomachi 05-26-2014 09:06 PM

I wonder the same thing.

Here we have Love is War from demo sessions.

Here we have Love is War more polished .

I would like the disk 2 was polished like Love is War. I think will not be so, but you never know, maybe some of these songs polished as Love is War.

Rdkopper 05-26-2014 10:13 PM

Yea. I get it. There are different stages.

I always thought the Love Is War b side was a finished song, with just a different producer.

nickolai 05-26-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177074)
I wonder the same thing.

Here we have Love is War from demo sessions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iIbxq0D7RE

Here we have Love is War more polished .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSClXRjB0w8

I would like the disk 2 was polished like Love is War. I think will not be so, but you never know, maybe some of these songs polished as Love is War.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the polished version, Rolio. Good find!

nickolai 05-26-2014 11:19 PM

Got a boner at the thought of Now and Forever being as polished as the above Love Is War. This box set needs to happen

Johny 05-26-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177083)
Got a boner at the thought of Now and Forever being as polished as the above Love Is War. This box set needs to happen

Well, with Love Is War - those are two different recordings. The demo and the final cut which was made for the single. In the other hand we have only one version (unless there's something hidden which I doubt - why would they keep finished songs?). And this version will be better than what we have, with clear sound etc but it will be the very same recording.

Actually, I have three different versions of Love Is War.
Preproduction demo - there are almost no vocals, lost in the mix probably? All of those preproduction demos sound like the band was just playing it live somwhere.
Original demo - maybe this was already recorded, probably just with Bobby or a different engineer and not the producer.
B-side - that's a different recording (different lyrics in the bridge for example). So I guess this was recorded with a producer (don't if with Bruce or not) with the intention to include it on a single.

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177082)

http://www.cherylmillerville.com/che...OK-273x300.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177083)

http://uofmuscle.com/images/mr-show-that-easy.gif

Iceman 05-27-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177082)

The demo is miles better. The "polished" version ****s up the melodies and is missing the rawness of the demo. Especially the pre-chorus sucks ass in the polished version. But apparently we will get both versions, so I'm happy.

Ice

Johny 05-27-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177106)
The demo is miles better. The "polished" version ****s up the melodies and is missing the rawness of the demo. Especially the pre-chorus sucks ass in the polished version. But apparently we will get both versions, so I'm happy.

Ice

I'm afraid we're getting only the b-side version:

DISC 1: NEW JERSEY (original album, remastered) + bonus tracks
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. Bad Medicine
3. Born To Be My Baby
4. Living In Sin
5. Blood On Blood
6. Homebound Train
7. Wild Is The Wind
8. Ride Cowboy Ride
9. Stick To Your Guns
10. I’ll Be There For You
11. 99 In The Shade
12. Love For Sale Bonus Tracks:
13. The Boys Are Back In Town (Cover of the Thin Lizzy classic; previously released on Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell compilation; released in the U.K. as a 12” single B-side)
14. Love Is War (B-side from Living In Sin single)
15. Born To Be My Baby (Acoustic Version; previously released as a B-side in Japan)

DISC 2: The ‘SONS OF BEACHES’ Demos (** All tracks on DISC 2 are previously unreleased)
1. Homebound Train
2. Judgment Day 3. Full Moon High
4. Growin’ Up The Hard Way
5. Let’s Make It Baby
6. Love Hurts
7. Backdoor To Heaven
8. Now And Forever
9. Wild Is The Wind
10. Stick To Your Guns
11. House Of Fire
12. Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?
13. Diamond Ring

Iceman 05-27-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1177108)
I'm afraid we're getting only the b-side version:

Aah, shit. I thought I saw the demo version on the second disk. Damn it. The demo is way better.

Ice

bonjovi90 05-27-2014 12:34 PM

Does anyone know what the lyrics in the chorus of the demo are?
In the released version Jon sings:

"Tell me why,
Love is war,
when the battle is done,
you still want more..."

In the demo he sings:
"Tell me why,
love is war,
I (??) my heart,
but you still want more..."

I was never able to properly find the word he uses there.

Iceman 05-27-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177111)
Does anyone know what the lyrics in the chorus of the demo are?
In the released version Jon sings:

"Tell me why,
Love is war,
when the battle is done,
you still want more..."

In the demo he sings:
"Tell me why,
love is war,
I (??) my heart,
but you still want more..."

I was never able to properly find the word he uses there.

I surrender my heart.

Ice

bonjovi90 05-27-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177112)
I surrender my heart.

Ice

Thank, pal! :)

Alphavictim 05-27-2014 01:08 PM

Ice, didn't you also prefer the OWN version of OWN over the Crush one? I was mighty puzzled by that.

That being said, neither version of LIW is perfect I feel. The modulation to the chrous in the demo sounds rather abrupt, but the prechorus itself has a better melody.

Dave 1986 05-27-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177110)
Aah, shit. I thought I saw the demo version on the second disk. Damn it. The demo is way better.

Ice

I prefer the demo, though only marginally. It's darker, angrier and more sincere, whereas the b-side version (while still good) is basically YGLaBN - Part 2.

Alphavictim 05-27-2014 01:17 PM

Do you really turn to hair metal when you want sincere music, though?

The b-side version features a couple more tricks towards the end, which, though played out, give it more of an anthemic feel.

prayer_84 05-27-2014 02:55 PM

Hello everyone,

Just like any other die-hard fan, I was pretty excited to learn about this release. I've got one question, though: Does anyone know if the songs we find on these 2 discs (except for the demos for Homebound Train, Wild Is The Wind and Stick to Your Guns), plus Rosie are all the songs that were originally meant to be included in the proposed double album?

DISC 1: NEW JERSEY (original album, remastered) + bonus tracks
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. Bad Medicine
3. Born To Be My Baby
4. Living In Sin
5. Blood On Blood
6. Homebound Train
7. Wild Is The Wind
8. Ride Cowboy Ride
9. Stick To Your Guns
10. I’ll Be There For You
11. 99 In The Shade
12. Love For Sale Bonus Tracks:
13. The Boys Are Back In Town (Cover of the Thin Lizzy classic; previously released on Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell compilation; released in the U.K. as a 12” single B-side)
14. Love Is War (B-side from Living In Sin single)
15. Born To Be My Baby (Acoustic Version; previously released as a B-side in Japan)

DISC 2: The ‘SONS OF BEACHES’ Demos (** All tracks on DISC 2 are previously unreleased)
1. Homebound Train
2. Judgment Day 3. Full Moon High
4. Growin’ Up The Hard Way
5. Let’s Make It Baby
6. Love Hurts
7. Backdoor To Heaven
8. Now And Forever
9. Wild Is The Wind
10. Stick To Your Guns
11. House Of Fire
12. Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?
13. Diamond Ring

We've got a total of 28 songs on both discs. If we take our the 3 demos (HT,WITW,STYG), and the cover (Boys are back in town), we get 24 songs, plus Rosie = 25. Any ideas?

Iceman 05-27-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1177114)
Ice, didn't you also prefer the OWN version of OWN over the Crush one? I was mighty puzzled by that.

Yeah. It flows much better. The stupid na-na-na's ruin the original version and abrupt the flow of the song. Plus the guitars are higher in the mix for the 2001 version.

But for Love Is War, the demo is a lot better than the finished. The B-side version is just too polished and the pre-chorus melody is bad. Also not crazy about the lyric changes.

Ice

ezearis 05-27-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177121)
Yeah. It flows much better. The stupid na-na-na's ruin the original version and abrupt the flow of the song. Plus the guitars are higher in the mix for the 2001 version.

I'm with you on this one, the One Wild Night version is way better, but I like more the polished Love Is War than the original demo.

Rdkopper 05-27-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177121)

But for Love Is War, the demo is a lot better than the finished. The B-side version is just too polished and the pre-chorus melody is bad. Also not crazy about the lyric changes.

Ice

OWN
No Way! The album version is much better than the overproduced remix.

LIW
Don't like the "surrender my heart" lyric. Never did. I like "when the battle is done"

Besides that, I never compared the 2 but I will now

Lucas_Roli 05-27-2014 03:55 PM

I don't like either version of OWN,I think the song is bad,the only part I like is the ''nanana'' and then Jon's scream.But I prefer OWN over BWC or WAN all the way!

On Love is War,I always preffered the demo lyric with ''I surender my heart'',although I listen to the b-side version which has ''When the battle is done'' when I sing along I switch that part with the one from the demo,i just think it sounds better.

Stut 05-27-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176982)
Bounce
Disc 1 Full Album + Another Reason To Believe, No Regrets, Postcards From The Wasteland.
Disc 2 Demos: Alive, Standing, We Can Dance, Lucky, Breathe, Mona Lisa, I Watched Her Walk Away, Rumble in the House, Crying, Everyday (Demo). Live Tracks from Bounce Tour 2003; Undivided, Hook Me Up, Heroes, Keep The Faith (Jungle Scream), Ill Be There For You (RS on Vocals).
DVD: Full Concert from Bounce Tour 2003 (Anaheim, CA) + Bounce the videos.

Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut (Post 1177129)
Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwVzkIHKxo

That would be fantastic. I think it very likely that they have a band version about this song.

Pstmatt 05-27-2014 07:53 PM

This is just getting waaay off topic now, but...did you ever notice that OWN 2001 has two slightly different versions? The version included on the "Tokyo Road" japanese hits complilation has more horns during the intro than the US version from the OWN live album. If I remember correctly "Tokyo Road" was released months before the live album. It's almost like they went back and did some editing.

Alphavictim 05-27-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Didn't know about that one, thanks!

But oh boy does the singer have an accent.

Lucas_Roli 05-27-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Had no ideea that this song existed.Good lyrics and the chorus sounds great, although the singer has a strong accent and sounds like a chipmunk.His voice and this song kinda makes me think of an intro to an anime :)) with some fighting and love scenes,really don't know why :D.
Would love to hear a version with Jon's signature voice and with Richie's amazing backing vocals. I really don't understand why they give cools songs away,if they don't want them on the current album they should keep it and maybe release it as a b-side or a hidden track,or maybe keep it for later albums. Considering how bad WAN was, this song would've been the greatest track on the album if they'd put it on it.

bonjovi90 05-27-2014 11:16 PM

Just noticed that, when looking at the demo sessions for NJ, 4 out of the later released 5 singles (bar Living In Sin) weren't anywhere to be heard yet.
I once read that Jon was getting really pissed during the writing process of the first batch of songs - it is said that he walked around this house screaming "I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****in' hot songs."

Could it be that really all of the singles that catapulted the album to the top of charts were some sort of last-minute add-ons? We all know that LYHOM was written while the band was already in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177139)
Just noticed that, when looking at the demo sessions for NJ, 4 out of the later released 5 singles (bar Living In Sin) weren't anywhere to be heard yet.
I once read that Jon was getting really pissed during the writing process of the first batch of songs - it is said that he walked around this house screaming "I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****in' hot songs."

Could it be that really all of the singles that catapulted the album to the top of charts were some sort of last-minute add-ons? We all know that LYHOM was already written while the band was in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

Great Story! Sounds like Johnny need some outside help with the strength of the original songs.