Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

steel_horse75 01-15-2019 11:49 AM

People could smell alcohol on Richie from front row? Ive read it all now.

manarosi 01-15-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250138)
Oh I'm not denying that for a second, it's hardly a revelation that a lead guitarist from a rock band has been drinking alcohol....shock! horror! :rolleyes:

But i do question certain information from the Jon vs Richie brigade. The MK Bowl comments are a prime example of that. The are a certain section of the fan base that will say anything to paint the other is a bad light, in fact they revel in it, and it's always been that way...this isn't something that's been a thing since Richie left, it's always been there...and yes it works both ways. I was at Richie's show at Shepherd's Bush 1998 when Jon came on stage and I witnessed some despicable behavior towards him.

is there a video of NSG of that night when jbj came out? i just can't find it

Thinny 01-15-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1250144)
is there a video of NSG of that night when jbj came out? i just can't find it

No, I think there's only ever been an Audio bootleg

Bounce7800 01-15-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250141)
I was near the front in a part of the crowd which was very anti-Jon, and every time he looked in their direction they would flip him the bird or the V sign and aggressively shouted abuse at him. Honestly, it was pathetic and ruined the experience for me. I was really excited to see Jon come on stage with Richie. I moved further back for the second song which was much more enjoyable.

My first ever gig that one, so I was absolutely delighted when Jon came out. Luckily didn't see or hear any of that stuff. The whole Jon v Richie stuff is just embarrassing all round from supposed grown adults.

Thinny 01-15-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1250146)
My first ever gig that one, so I was absolutely delighted when Jon came out. Luckily didn't see or hear any of that stuff. The whole Jon v Richie stuff is just embarrassing all round from supposed grown adults.

Once I moved further back it was fine and people were loving it and the cheers and screams out weighed their negativity. It was just that small group. Sad really. It ruined With A Little Help for me but I loved the rest of the gig. And it's a night I will never forget as I got to meet Richie later and have a quick chat and photo with him.

Eveline 01-15-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1250147)
Once I moved further back it was fine and people were loving it and the cheers and screams out weighed their negativity. It was just that small group. Sad really. It ruined With A Little Help for me but I loved the rest of the gig. And it's a night I will never forget as I got to meet Richie later and have a quick chat and photo with him.

Oh, you're one lucky fan, I can only dream... BJ are coming to Europe this year but Richie is not in BJ anymore ;( well, guess something is better than nothing but don't think I'll ever get over the split :/

YOVANAfromPeru 01-15-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1250143)
People could smell alcohol on Richie from front row? Ive read it all now.

Thinny, you and JackieBlue should get marry, just sayin' (I'm kidding!!! lol)

richiefan95 01-15-2019 05:13 PM

At my last Bon Jovi concert in Vienna in 2013 I also could smell alcohol. I am sure that was Jon who was only 100 meters away from me.

It is hard to imagine what some people believe is possible.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-15-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250150)
At my last Bon Jovi concert in Vienna in 2013 I also could smell alcohol. I am sure that was Jon who was only 100 meters away from me.

It is hard to imagine what some people believe is possible.

jokes aside...
I'm a big fan of Richie!!!
but sometimes it's neccesary a Wake up call...
my post still stands, guys
Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250122)
But seriously, Richie had problems with alcohol and some addiction for pain pills (as per himself: initially because his shoulder, the divorce, his father...) still not a justification to my eyes...

if you read above:
1. bonjovi90 said there were reports from fans in May 2006 about a "heavy scent of alcohol."
and that Richie "said himself that he was drinking heavily throughout that tour".
2. Bounce7800 said (as per his signature he was at MK concerts) "he looked off his face on night 2 for sure".
3. Captain_jovi said "I certainly saw him on the outdoors leg pretty inebriated on pain killers".

I would like Richie could read this forum for real, and regardless his reasons/issues/whatever I do want only the best for him!!!

Faceman 01-15-2019 06:09 PM

Nobody denies that he drank during the Have A Nice Day tour.
It's just impossible to smell it from the front row.