Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178688)
But you're saying that this is the only song that they used a different vocal track on which already isn't the case. There's been multiple things we've heard in the samples that weren't in the original bootlegs we have because so many different versions exist. They're not going to hold the songs in the same high regard we do because to us they're the "But what ifs" that exist that we shouldn't have. To them it's the throw-a-way songs that didn't make the album.

I admit comparing the two isn't as equal, but Breathe was the exact same, Good Guys was the same, Edge of a Broken Heart was the same. I'm sticking with my theory that there are dozens of takes of each song and the ones we got however many years ago probably weren't the ones we were intended to get. Why should they cater to the choices of whoever leaked those versions simply because we're all used to it?

I'm rambling now but I wonder what percentage of people had these bootlegs prior. Like, ballparked..

That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178694)
Can't view it in the US. Bastards.

You tube have deleted, damnit.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178695)
That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

You tube have deleted, damnit.

I'm not denying it feels incomplete but that's because it's not the version we're used to. I'm playing devil's advocate here, I completely agree I prefer the version we had.

Kukoc7 06-21-2014 09:30 PM

Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore? Snippet

[QUOTE=rolo_tomachi;1178695]That's not the point. The problem is that without the chorus "I Know" this feels incomplete. That sucks.

Can we please just wait until we hear the entire song? How do we know that they didn't rework the song so it builds up to a more powerful ending hence the backing tracks and "I know's," are in the 2nd chorus and post richie solo. Way to early for fans to be upset. Yes. It does sound strange compared the version we all know but again it's only 30 seconds. There is a lot to be stoked about here. House of Fire has the potential to be amazing!! There is no denying this is an exciting time for Bon Jovi Fans.

Alphavictim 06-21-2014 09:30 PM

The Kane Roberts version also has the "I know"-part:

BonJovi100 06-21-2014 10:31 PM

If Ieaked version of Does Anybody... which we know was made after "Sons of beaches" so it's natural putting on Cd version which was made earlier.
In the same way we can say that they should put on box Diamond Ring in last - These Days version.

Version which we know wasn't re-recorded before they work with Cher??

jovifan93 06-21-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178682)
Okay. But then why that song only? The best song in the collection!

As far as Starting All Over Again goes, we had a decent master already as a b'side so there was no need to include the same version again. This is a totally different scenario.

The version of Starting All Over Again on the box set is an insult. The vocals are just too crappy compared to the previously released version on the Japanese KTF release. Why they did "mess" with Does Anybody Really I don't know. But we'll probably find out on release date...

danfan 06-22-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178712)
The version of Starting All Over Again on the box set is an insult. The vocals are just too crappy compared to the previously released version on the Japanese KTF release. Why they did "mess" with Does Anybody Really I don't know. But we'll probably find out on release date...

I agree. I hated the box set version.

"......arting all over again".

WTF was that crap?

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-22-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178713)

WTF was that crap?

that version was good for 1 listen... i always thought he was singing farting all.over again just before the 'solo' XD

KTF,

Nick

jovifan93 06-22-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178713)

WTF was that crap?

Huh, the "st" is missing somewhere on that version? Didn't notice, probably because I turned it off so quickly after listening to Jon's terribly wrong vocals on that one. The whole power of the song is also missing in that version... Don't know why they even included it in the box set, because it had been previously released (though only as a bonus track in Japan), and then ruin the song in the process :confused: Might be what's happening to Does Anybody now :-(

bj4ever_hdb 06-22-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178720)
Huh, the "st" is missing somewhere on that version? Didn't notice, probably because I turned it off so quickly after listening to Jon's terribly wrong vocals on that one. The whole power of the song is also missing in that version... Don't know why they even included it in the box set, because it had been previously released (though only as a bonus track in Japan), and then ruin the song in the process :confused: Might be what's happening to Does Anybody now :-(

I find funny how ppl can judge so ****ing fast