Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bwehehehe 04-30-2013 07:29 PM

This will create a major backlash.

Lyn Wo 04-30-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125386)
I know it's human nature to assume the worst in a vacuum but I really believe Richie will be back. Everything, for me, points to genuine personal issues.

I'm willing to bet on it. If Richie isn't back by the time Bon Jovi hit Slane, I'll streak around Slane with "Jon you're a piss poor CEO" painted on my front. Banners might not be allowed but is there any rules stopping you from painting messages on yourself?

OK Ron, what letter do I get to be?!

Sami 04-30-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi_jewel (Post 1125750)
Official statement posted on Bonjovi.com that Richie won't be present for Europe and South Africa due to personal issues. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm starting to accept my favorite guitarist might be gone for good. I hate that I've never gotten to hear him play live

Now I am really starting to get worried.

nrm123 04-30-2013 07:36 PM

Im more mad at the fact that theres no reason than i am that i paid £100 for a ticket to see 3/4 of the band.

Thierry 04-30-2013 07:36 PM

Well they are on time announcing it this time, to be honest I don't care that much. I was burnt out on Richie and his bullshit last year. Looking forward to see Phil X in concert with Bon Jovi. Might skip Prague but i'll go to the other four shows.

RonJovi 04-30-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1125760)
OK Ron, what letter do I get to be?!

Haha me and my big mouth. Why didn't I wait 24 hours.

Pick a letter...

I'm stunned, worried and disappointed. I didn't see this coming ( guess I was the only one). Damned optimism, I've been listening to too much Jon Bon Cliche.

Supersonic 04-30-2013 07:36 PM

Aloha !

I'm done with the band now, thank **** I haven't bought any tickets and haven't booked most of my flights yet. Italy's been booked but that's about it, glad I still got plenty to look forward to when it comes to that, but I'm seriously thinking of selling that ticket as well and ignore the entire thing.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

crashed 04-30-2013 07:41 PM

So will you still hang around here for Nostalgia Seb?

I'm not done with the band - whatever they'll become now - but it can only be a long term serious issue with Richie's health or wellbeing.

I don't believe it's about money - if it is then that's the worst reason ever.

I'll wish Richie well, and I'm still going to look forward to my shows - presuming they'll all still go ahead as planned.

But I do hope we'll get more than a "personal issues" reason.

† ΐžžΐ † 04-30-2013 07:41 PM

That's a rap folks, Richie is out of Bon Jovi.

And on that bombshell I will never buy tickets to see them again. Thanks for the ride Jon but do the honourbale thing and finish the band. It's over.

ezearis 04-30-2013 07:42 PM

Yesterday Time 4 Fun signed the contract with Bon Jovi for the concert in Argentina (Sep, 15). Can't believe they're still adding dates!

Supersonic 04-30-2013 07:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1125768)
So will you still hang around here for Nostalgia Seb?

If Richie's officially out of the band the sole reason I will hang around here for will be trolling purposes, thank you very much. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ruggy 04-30-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1125764)
Well they are on time announcing it this time, to be honest I don't care that much. I was burnt out on Richie and his bullshit last year. Looking forward to see Phil X in concert with Bon Jovi. Might skip Prague but i'll go to the other four shows.

Not confirmed to be Phil X though. Could be Bobby, gulp! Hope it is Phil, still gutted though.

Jovimimi 04-30-2013 07:43 PM

I am so mad at the statement because they are trying to secure the usa stadiums sales by not saying he won't be there neither ..... WHAT A WAY TO TREAT THE FANS ...

Jovimimi 04-30-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1125773)
Not confirmed to be Phil X though. Could be Bobby, gulp! Hope it is Phil, still gutted though.

I am probably the only one on this board that hope it will NOT BE X

heart&dagger 04-30-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1125762)
Now I am really starting to get worried.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his general health. I do think he has personal demons that he needs to face and learn how to deal with in a more positive manner. Including this "calling out of the rest of the tour due to personal reasons" issue.

He's a professional, he needs to grow up and act like one.

Granted, he doesn't need the money, but he should honor his commitments, honor/respect his fans, who got him to the place, where, if he chooses, he has it made for life, no matter what he chooses to pursue.

By choosing this path, he is going to lose the majority of his fan base. Except for the naive type who would blindly follow anyone.

And, getting on another gig, with anyone, even for himself, is going to be very challenging for him now.

Who wants to sponsor/support/promote someone who is not dependable?

He's really shot himself in the foot, this time.

Sad to watch, truly.

It's been like and is like watching a, train wreck.

:(

PatriciaSambora 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

Oh no!! I can't stop crying.. Saddest news ever... I was so excited to see Richie again

† ΐžžΐ † 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

He's out guys! The band will continue to spout this 'personal matter' nonsense all the way until the end of the tour. Only then will they announce he's out as they'll be no tickets left to sell.

I'm convinced there's some sort of gagging order placed on Richie to prevent him from talking. Very sad.

Beaky 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125766)
Aloha !

I'm done with the band now, thank **** I haven't bought any tickets and haven't booked most of my flights yet. Italy's been booked but that's about it, glad I still got plenty to look forward to when it comes to that, but I'm seriously thinking of selling that ticket as well and ignore the entire thing.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yep, now this is a reality I just made the call to the rest of the crowd going to the IOW festival, get the feelers out there, see if anyone wants my ticket.

It would take a helluva lot now to convince me that this hasn't been brought on by bad feeling over the respective albums and the timing/involvement/belief in WAN... whether that's just led to Richie being pissed off or it's led to him getting depressed/tempted etc...

What a shame, for everything this band could still be today had they not disappeared up their own arses, desperate for critical acclaim...

Living_on_my_Hair 04-30-2013 07:46 PM

Been to multiple shows on each tour since Crush, and this tour will be the first that I don't go to any shows.

The Richie thing is the final nail in the coffin... HOWEVER I still would probably have gone had 'What about now' been a better effort and Jon was functioning at the levels he was on the LH tour. Sadly, that's not the case.

Give me a free ticket and I don't have to travel, I'd probably still go. Hearing Wanted and Prayer live is always a pleasure. But f**k it if I'm going to spend a load of cash I don't have to see a second rate Bon Jovi. *sniff*

If I find out that Jon's kicked Richie out, i'll have Jon's head on a stick *sharpens knife*
If I find out Richie's just being a douchebag and can't keep his shit together, I'll kick his ass too.

Andi

Ruggy 04-30-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ΐžžΐ † (Post 1125778)
He's out guys! The band will continue to spout this 'personal matter' nonsense all the way until the end of the tour. Only then will they announce he's out as they'll be no tickets left to sell.

I'm convinced there's some sort of gagging order placed on Richie to prevent him from talking. Very sad.

I agree. Either that or he's seriously ill. Given the choice of the two I hope he's out rather than seriously ill though.

Budge 04-30-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1125764)

I'm pissed Richie's not gonna be there, I have a few gigs lined up and I will definitely be going..Just hope Phil X or whoever it will be, rehearses a few rarities and European big hitters like Hey God, or These Days..

Beaky 04-30-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ΐžžΐ † (Post 1125778)

I think he's under contract or at least, was. I don't think it's a gagging order though.

I think the fact that they won't talk to fans or the press only enhances my view that this is an internal issue between them; it's only when it's 'band business' that it never gets spoken about. Rehab, divorce, drink etc... all make it into documentaries and song lyrics but fallouts and arguments never do.

LeaJovi 04-30-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125766)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It's the end. Been a nice ride, Europe get ready for the shittiest gigs you've ever seen.

LeaJovi 04-30-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1125773)

Lol, I would really laugh my ass off if Europe gets Bobby only.

heart&dagger 04-30-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125734)
Aloha !

Considering how shows are getting rescheduled to different venues or different dates I think its fair to say Jons working for a lot fewer working man than he was expecting. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That was another sign as well, that Richie would not be on the next leg of the tour...

I've never cared for, WFTWM, it clashed with the band's ticket prices, just to start with.

Still, after this all sinks in, I think I will have a good cry over it, no idea when that will happen, but it will.

I really prefer the band's older material, to be honest. Always have.

But, dayum... I dread relaying this news to my H. After years, of going to shows alone and/or with friends, he became a R fan only around 3 years ago.

After that, going to the Bon Jovi shows, became our thing that we could do together. It was fun, turning him around...

Now, that magic is gone. The only hope left is that it is not for good.

Jim Bon Jovi 04-30-2013 07:57 PM

You know what, I'm not bothered in the slightest and Richie was my hero / reason why i picked up the guitar and got serious about music 20 odd years ago.

I've actually been quietly looking forward to the fact that Phil X might be playing on the tour instead of Richie.

My brother in law got us cheap hospitality tickets and tbh if it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have been going to the show in the first place.

No doubt Jon will ride out the tour, have a break then shack up next to Rod and Celine in Vegas whilst Tico golfs, Dave writes musicals and Richie does whatever the hell he wants.

The band owe it to the fans to let them know what's happening although I don't see that happening.

ezearis 04-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1125788)
Lol, I would really laugh my ass off if Europe gets Bobby only.

He and Jon would be beheaded in a public trial on the stage.

nrm123 04-30-2013 07:58 PM

I have gone off the thought of it being an illness related or personal issue...if it was then saying so will make us understand more...they wont say hes left the band because they will lose half of their fan base

Thierry 04-30-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1125792)
He and Jon would be beheaded in a public trial on the stage.

If that's the case I'll cancel all my orders on Backstage and ask for a refund. Really like to see Phil X.

jbjhand 04-30-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1125776

Granted, he doesn't need the money, but he should honor his commitments, honor/respect his fans, who got him to the place, where, if he chooses, he has it made for life, no matter what he chooses to pursue.

By choosing this path, he is going to lose the majority of his fan base. Except for the naive type who would blindly follow anyone.

And, getting on another gig, with anyone, even for himself, is going to be very challenging for him now.

Who wants to sponsor/support/promote someone who is not dependable?

He's really shot himself in the foot, this time.

Sad to watch, truly.

It's been like and is like watching a, train wreck.

Just hold up a second. You don't know the reason for this. You sound like a lunatic that was waiting for any opportunity to piss all over Richie. No need at all.

bjcrazycpa 04-30-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1125790)
You know what, I'm not bothered in the slightest and Richie was my hero / reason why i picked up the guitar and got serious about music 20 odd years ago.

I've actually been quietly looking forward to the fact that Phil X might be playing on the tour instead of Richie.

My brother in law got us cheap hospitality tickets and tbh if it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have been going to the show in the first place.

No doubt Jon will ride out the tour, have a break then shack up next to Rod and Celine in Vegas whilst Tico golfs, Dave writes musicals and Richie does whatever the hell he wants.

The band owe it to the fans to let them know what's happening although I don't see that happening.

Ha ha, I like this!! All I can say is I don't get it...I can't find a reason to just bail on fans, crew, other band members. In my mind, there's ZERO reason not to be professional, finish the tour and then duke it out behind closed tours when the tour is finished.

nrm123 04-30-2013 08:03 PM

If they turn around at the end of the tour and say Richie has left the band thats it with me and this band...not because hes left..because of the blatant lie since last month stating 'personal reasons' to get tickets selling

DaveK 04-30-2013 08:04 PM

shame really. if it is a 'quitting the band' issue then i would have hoped that Richie would have at least bowed out finishing off the tour.

it wouldn't surprise me if they say no refunds all together now. can't flog mine on ebay as they are fan club tickets.

Ruggy 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1125795)
Just hold up a second. You don't know the reason for this. You sound like a lunatic that was waiting for any opportunity to piss all over Richie. No need at all.

Well said.

crashed 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1125796)
Ha ha, I like this!! All I can say is I don't get it...I can't find a reason to just bail on fans, crew, other band members. In my mind, there's ZERO reason not to be professional, finish the tour and then duke it out behind closed tours when the tour is finished.

That's why I think it has to be some sort of health issue.

The rest of the band are being professional and honouring their commitments, and I've always believed Richie would do the same (though his solo tour showed that perhaps that view maybe wasn't right.)

Thierry 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveK (Post 1125798)
shame really. if it is a 'quitting the band' issue then i would have hoped that Richie would have at least bowed out finishing off the tour.

it wouldn't surprise me if they say no refunds all together now. can't flog mine on ebay as they are fan club tickets.

I'm pretty sure you are able to cancel them on Backstage. As far as I know Americans could do this too for the first leg of this tour.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:11 PM

F**k f***k f**k f**k f**k.....

Suspected this was coming - but that's £400 of tickets that we now can't decide what to do with!

Crushgen24/88 04-30-2013 08:14 PM

First thought (selfishly) is that I'm glad I don't have any tickets lined up for the summer.
Second thought is that IF this is some kind of fight/firing then I'm disgusted at Jon, Richie, and the entire organization for not finding a way to have him finish the tour than split.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1125781)
I agree. Either that or he's seriously ill. Given the choice of the two I hope he's out rather than seriously ill though.

Judging by Ava's tweets being as normal as ever, I don't see it being illness. If it is serious illness it would be all over the media by now. No way to keep that quiet.

crashed 04-30-2013 08:21 PM

On a positive note this thread will probably have 300'000 views by the time the night is over. Lol