Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

SuperBrad 06-22-2014 09:28 AM

Im really pumped for "lets make it baby " i think the talk box version its heaps better than the These days version .... Tho they are both fantastic . Im totally freaked out about Does anybody really fall in love .....

jovifan93 06-22-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj4ever_hdb (Post 1178721)
I find funny how ppl can judge so ****ing fast

Where am I judging fast? I said that *might* be happening, not that it will... And the Starting All Over Again version from the box set is crap, no one can argue about that ;-)

rolo_tomachi 06-22-2014 12:56 PM

All wrong. They should have included Rosie, In America and Cadillac Man instead of Stick To Your Guns, Wild is the Wind and Homebound Train. That first. Choosing the final version with chorus "I Know" on Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore. And make a better mastering. This was not so hard, just use common sense.

Too good to be true ... bullshit.

Now, Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore is the new Starting All Over Again from Box Set. Thanks Obie :fist:

danfan 06-22-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178720)
Huh, the "st" is missing somewhere on that version? Didn't notice, probably because I turned it off so quickly after listening to Jon's terribly wrong vocals on that one. The whole power of the song is also missing in that version... Don't know why they even included it in the box set, because it had been previously released (though only as a bonus track in Japan), and then ruin the song in the process :confused: Might be what's happening to Does Anybody now :-(

On 1 of the choruses it is. It sounds so shitty it's shocking they put it on the box set.

danfan 06-22-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178726)
All wrong. They should have included Rosie, In America and Cadillac Man instead of Stick To Your Guns, Wild is the Wind and Homebound Train. That first. Choosing the final version with chorus "I Know" on Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore. And make a better mastering. This was not so hard, just use common sense.

Now, Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore is the new Starting All Over Again from Box Set. Thanks Obie :fist:

Obie really has messed up anything we've had to get excited about as Bon Jovi fans. I wonder if Jon knows and doesn't care because he's pals with him, or if Jon's not aware of just how much some of the fans can't stand the guy.

Rdkopper 06-22-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178726)

Also include, We All Sleep Alone!

They managed to F-up the best song on the Set. I'm sure they know that they picked a different version, I'm sure Jon was in on that call too, and I still think it has something to do with the other released versions being identical.

The idea of this set is to give us the most completed feel for each song being that "we never heard them before"... Diamond Ring I get because it's on TDs so the idea behind that is to provide it differently so the pre-production version works.

All the other songs should feel completed as if they were produced somehow in the studio. I initially wondered why Does Anybody was so far down the track listing too.

I was hoping it would be one of those deals where they say "stop, lets do it again" and then redo it with the I Knows but it's doubtful. Based on the track time and chimes leading into the next verse, I'm not getting that.

Mother Fukcers....

DestinationJovi 06-22-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178681)
But why does it have to be legal/political? I think we're just grabbing at straws because our version of history is being contested. They got rid of the backing vocals on the box set version of Starting all over again, they're just using different takes.

I think the camp knows what the fans have already and it's damned if they do damned if they don't. If they use the same versions but cleaned up the fans outrage because they're selling something we already have. If they change it they mess with history, it's a tough place to be in.

I wonder if there will be an insert discussing the history of these songs/versions like the box set did.

SuperBrad 06-22-2014 08:46 PM

You can get the whole of Diamond Ring now on itunes . Its brilliant !!!!

danfan 06-22-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1178754)
You can get the whole of Diamond Ring now on itunes . Its brilliant !!!!

Had to switch to the Australian store to listen to the 90 second clip, but from what I heard, I agree. Sounds awesome!

SuperBrad 06-23-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1178761)
Had to switch to the Australian store to listen to the 90 second clip, but from what I heard, I agree. Sounds awesome!

Yeah , it has heaps more character .... Much more feeling and passion sort of . Come on friday !!!!!!! 4 more sleeps ;)