Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

symbeline 11-25-2020 11:12 PM

Sorry, I find the whole no audience excuse weird. I perfectly understand why it sucks and why it feels awkward but they are seasoned pros. I've had the pleasure to watch dozens of performances during lockdown, both local bands and big names and the thing that I've enjoyed more is to see how much they were trying to make it as fun and as engaging as the real deal because of course they miss it more than we do. People have got really creative.

Not saying Jon is lying, but I don't see why they (he) shouldn't try harder and make people believe in the songs. But it doesn't surprise me after the truly abysmal European leg of the THINFS tour, it just saddens me a lot.

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk

symbeline 11-25-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunorc21 (Post 1270491)
Exactly.

I just listened LWTG and Labour of Love from the Tidal concert and Jon's voice it's bad, very bad. On the 2020 show his voice is better.

I said it was bad vocally. It really was atrocious in places, the London one was a bit better for sure. But the performance was great, the stories, the emotion, the new band looking tight and fun together... I thought it back then and I still believe it. And no, it's not because I truly love that album, I don't care much for LH but the unplugged show is a great concert that made me appreciate some songs and to this day I still watch it from time to time even though I rarely listen to the album.

Look, 2020 is not a big loud rock album. An intimate mellow performance works great for this type of albums. What I watched was just a lifeless performer that could not make me feel the songs.

No complaints about the band though, other than Shanks seems to play way more guitar parts live than he should.

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk

Jonty 11-25-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1270462)
it seems that after shanks took richie down now phil's turn has come

Next up a drum machine instead of tico which he can control as he plays lead guitar.

rolo_tomachi 11-25-2020 11:48 PM

I'm going to break a spear in favor of John Shanks. The guy not only nails the thing live, the most important thing is that his guitar solos are more exciting and fit better than what Phil X usually does, either playing Richie's songs or his own solos. Remember the horrendous guitar solo that Phil tried with We Dont Run on the last tours.

There's a good reason why John Shanks did the solo on Blood In The Water.

jovifan85 11-25-2020 11:58 PM

Hi,

Jon says Bon Jovi's next single will be "Beautiful Drug" or "Story of Love", "Shine" would have been one but it's a bonus track, also " Let it rain" he likes as a single.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_WnfanB2G/

JBJ and Jessie talking about Hampton Water as well:rolleyes:

rolo_tomachi 11-26-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1270497)
Hi,

Jon says Bon Jovi's next single will be "Beautiful Drug" or "Story of Love", "Shine" would have been one but it's a bonus track, also " Let it rain" he likes as a single.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_WnfanB2G/

JBJ and Jessie talking about Hampton Water as well:rolleyes:

Interesting. Beautiful Drug is my Favorite as next single.

It would have been great if Luv Can and Shine had been on the album, and it would have been 12 tracks. Especially since he would have had to play it live for the concert film.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-26-2020 04:11 AM

"This is the crazy thing, is both people like both, you know?
And Shine would have been one, but it's a bonus track.
So this is so crazy how tied it is, Story Of Love and Beautiful Drug back and forth, oh now Drug is up by a couple. Beautiful Drug is pulling away.
And Let It Rain would be a good one too, I agree."
"It's tough, so I think Beautiful Drug and Story Of Love are really neck and neck.
Oh definitely! Yeah, they're both wonderful. But uh I think it's between those two songs and I just don't know which one to do first!
We love the record, I hope you guys love the record."
Jon said "first", so he plans to release both songs as singles.

Alphavictim 11-26-2020 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1270492)
Sorry, I find the whole no audience excuse weird. I perfectly understand why it sucks and why it feels awkward but they are seasoned pros.

He can't exactly walk around the stage when he needs to stay distant from his band mates due to Covid. Everybody is basically locked in place.

Rdkopper 11-26-2020 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1270493)

Look, 2020 is not a big loud rock album. An intimate mellow performance works great for this type of albums. What I watched was just a lifeless performer that could not make me feel the songs.

Are you upset because Jon didnt dance enough? Did you want him to pull an imaginary girl on stage and pretent to slow dance? Did you want him to tell everyone to get out of their seats and put their hands up?

I really don't know what you're expecting him to do.

Bottom line, it's not Jon's element. He even referred to it as a rehearsal at one point. You can throw the term "professional" out there all you want but those are just words.

Playing to an imaginary audience is definitely a first and unnatural for a guy like Jon.

Captain_jovi 11-26-2020 05:16 AM

It's also strange to critique something you didn't even watch all of. He lets loose a bit during Let It Rain. But yeah, lack of audience, learning 10 songs and social distancing really crippled the guy. He's already admitted it wasn't one of his best performances, not worth losing faith over.