Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Kuba80BJ 06-09-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1137333)
Here's an article in Polish that I used Google Translate on to translate into English. Someone posted it on another forum I am on:

"Meanwhile, the team coming out of the camp unofficial information that leave hope that in Gdansk see Bon Jovi but the gold stock. Formation techniques and a close friend he had betrayed Sambora fans of the band, the guitarist "has already solved their problems" and may return to the stage at any time. According to his words, it would already be at the shows in Germany, after which the group has zawitać just to Polish.

Hounded by a leader, diplomatically replied that Sambora is still part of the team is always welcome in its ranks, and only depends on him when he comes back."

Can you give a link or paste the text in Polish?

jovifan93 06-09-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1137307)
True story, and I honestly don't think Richie could possibly be back for just the Hyde Park show, it's always sounded like a load of bullshit to me. I think the quote itself was totally made up, and that's also one of the reasons why I wouldn't take his interview from just a few days before so much for granted, it could very well be a fake one.

BUT the thing here is the people working in the whole Bon Jovi organization are totally fueling the speculation and wishful thinking. They'll tell you not to, but will in fact feed the phenomenon themselves. Think of Matt. People are begging him to give them any kind of clue, especially regarding the European leg, and it's not like he's replying to just go by the official announcement and live with it. He's come up with stuff like "I wish I knew when he's coming back, but I don't" at least a couple times, and a month ago or something he even went to the extent of saying that he thought Richie would be back sometime during the summer.

One could appreciate his honesty, if there is REALLY a chance of Richie coming back for the rest of the European leg and he indeed doesn't know. But you can't help but wonder. The whole "he can come back whenever he wants" stuff is starting to sound like bullshit to me. I mean, obviously I don't know the reasons why Richie is missing, but even if it wasn't a falling out, can you really imagine Richie just coming up and going: "hey, I'm back... 'd you miss me?" and showing up at the first available show mid-leg or later on.
But this is something even Jon and David said, so I don't know, maybe there's something major to this picture that we are actually missing and therefore we see the whole thing distorted. But for what we know, it almost seems like we're being fooled or something.

Great post! That's mostly what I'm thinking, because I know that neither Jon nor Richie are that dumb... The only thing that's bothering me though is Jon's comment about hating my brother and quitting the band - that's almost the only thing that doesn't seem to fit in the bigger picture...

And to all you people saying you're done with the band or Richie can just f*ck off because of this: go f*ck yourself, you definitely don't deserve tp be a fan if you draw conclusions without knowning what's really going on... IF it all turns out to be a childish fight over egos or something like that, I could perfectly understand you. But if it turns out to indeed be a genuine personal matter, which keeps Richie in LA, but not away from Ava or his fashion thing or whatever, then you're being unfair...

Mysterytrain 06-09-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba80BJ (Post 1137344)
Can you give a link or paste the text in Polish?

Here's the link:

http://gdansk.naszemiasto.pl/galeria...a-duze-zdjecie

nrm123 06-09-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1137330)
Oh come off it, no-one's that altruistic.

So you'll be perfectly happy him turning up in the same leg of tour the show after all yours

jessycardy 06-09-2013 07:24 PM

I haven't mentioned this before because I think it's useless stuff, but hey, all sorts of crap have been posted here, so why not this? A couple days ago I saw a couple of tweets in Portoguese (I think) with a statement put in quotation marks that went something like: "Richie Sambora should be back on June 15th" (which corresponds to the Slane show). I think it's useless because, of course, it didn't come with a source and, unfortunately, I couldn't find one when I tried to do some research on Google. Just take it for what it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1137345)
Great post! That's mostly what I'm thinking, because I know that neither Jon nor Richie are that dumb... The only thing that's bothering me though is Jon's comment about hating my brother and quitting the band - that's almost the only thing that doesn't seem to fit in the bigger picture...

And to all you people saying you're done with the band or Richie can just f*ck off because of this: go f*ck yourself, you definitely don't deserve tp be a fan if you draw conclusions without knowning what's really going on... IF it all turns out to be a childish fight over egos or something like that, I could perfectly understand you. But if it turns out to indeed be a genuine personal matter, which keeps Richie in LA, but not away from Ava or his fashion thing or whatever, then you're being unfair...

Yeah, I must say I'm a little shocked at how quickly people seem to be forgetting Richie and putting him in the past... Really?!? It's all so surreal to me. To each their own, I guess, but as a fellow fan, I honestly don't get it at all. Especially since we don't know anything, but yeah, I'm sure you got the picture without me sounding like a broken record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1137328)
THIS. Exactly. And I would add that whenever we ARE able to see what we're missing, we may also see that nobody in the organization (including Jon and Richie) were playing with us or being disrespectful. They may just be making the best of a bad (or uncontrollable?) situation until it's resolved.

And this is exactly why it makes me sad to see fans on both "sides" giving up on people they've admired and/or blaming others when we don't have the whole story.

THANK YOU, Jessycardy. You said it SO much better than I've been able to!!

Yes, absolutely. I usually don't assume anything about others, especially the bad. So, I hope and I'm also confident that they're not playing with us. "They" as in the people working for them. Bon Jovi themselves weren't included in the mix, it's a different matter for me.

I'm glad we're finding common ground... ;)

Kuba80BJ 06-09-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1137347)

Thank you for the link. Well, it’s nothing new unfortunately. It was posted on local news website on 27th May and updated on 30th. It says more or less this:

“In the meantime some unofficial news are coming from BJ camp, that give us hope that we will see the band in its full golden squad in Gdansk. Band’s engineer and close friend of Sambora was supposed to reveal to the fans, that guitarist “has solved his problems already” and that he might be back on stage any moment. According to his words that could happen already during the shows in Germany, after which the band is about to arrive to Poland.

The leader diplomatically replied that Sambora is still a part of the band and is always welcomed back and it only depends up to him when he comes back.”

I can only add that some Polish media followed Polish BJ message board lately, looking for Sambora news. They must have read there about Obie’s statement and I bet that is what it’s all about. Sadly, we know nothing more officially so it’s just another rumour and nothing else.

Mysterytrain 06-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba80BJ (Post 1137354)
Thank you for the link. Well, it’s nothing new unfortunately. It was posted on local news website on 27th May and updated on 30th. It says more or less this:

“In the meantime some unofficial news are coming from BJ camp, that give us hope that we will see the band in its full golden squad in Gdansk. Band’s engineer and close friend of Sambora was supposed to reveal to the fans, that guitarist “has solved his problems already” and that he might be back on stage any moment. According to his words that could happen already during the shows in Germany, after which the band is about to arrive to Poland.

The leader diplomatically replied that Sambora is still a part of the band and is always welcomed back and it only depends up to him when he comes back.”

I can only add that some Polish media followed Polish BJ message board lately, looking for Sambora news. They must have read there about Obie’s statement and I bet that is what it’s all about. Sadly, we know nothing more officially so it’s just another rumour and nothing else.

Thanks for the translation. It's rather sad that news sources might be looking to sites like this for information; just shows how close-to-the-vest the Bon Jovi camp is holding this, despite the sniping between Jon and Richie earlier.

As for the question of whether I'd want Richie to show up at a concert after mine (and I'm not attending any, but I'm doing a hypothetical situation here)--I don't think I'd mind. Actually, I'd be happy to watch his return on YouTube. It's not the same, I'm sure, as seeing the band in real life, but I just want things 'right' again. I believe Richie is a big part of the soul and magic of the band's overall sound. Even if they're still good without him, I think Richie just 'fits' this band perfectly and things won't be right with my world as a fan until he's back again, even if we never find out the truth about why he was away.

crashed 06-09-2013 08:55 PM

I am over Richie not being there - because we've not been given a choice so that's a reality we've had to deal with - but also not once as he actually said "sorry I'm not there guys, just had some shit to deal with."

A statement as simple as that and I'd have been happy to wait, forever if need be, for Richie to return. Instead we get "I'm ****ing great."

Bon Jovi are still a great band I'm sure without him, but with him, their the best in the world.

Becky 06-09-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1137366)
Bon Jovi are still a great band I'm sure without him, but with him, their the best in the world.

They're still the best I've ever seen even without him.

Chris_Newton 06-09-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1137374)
They're still the best I've ever seen even without him.

Agree totally