Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 06-10-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1137512)
But I never thought Richie was that kind of people who doesn't care of fans :(

I don't think that's what MysteryTrain meant. I think she was trying to say that Richie's personal problems are more important than the fans right now. He has a life that doesn't involve Bon Jovi fans and is none of their business.

CKatz 06-10-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1137513)
Everything about this comment is ridiculous. Don't "deserve" Richie back?

You speak as if it's a privilege to see him with Bon Jovi. Calling people assholes a little bit far. All they are doing isf assessing the situation and realising that it was infact Richie that's being the asshole is a little bit far. It's Richie that doesn't deserve to be here. You sign a contract, you bet your ass that he should be at those shows right now. I'm going to support Phil X full on, with or without your bitter moaning about how Richie is someone we should "deserve" to have. He is reliable, can play the music and brings emotion back to Bon Jovi. Things Richie obviously doesn't have at all when it comes to Bon Jovi.

Looks like I touched a nerve. lol
We'll see if you still think that once Richie gets back.
As for Phil bringing more feeling to the band, I disagree and so do many other people.

I would take your opinion more seriously, if you didn't still have Richie in your profile pic. Shouldn't it be Phil now? It would be more consistent with your opinion.

steel_horse75 06-10-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1137506)
@vix0002: Bon Jovi without Richie is like Crüe without Vince. Doesn't matter how good the replacement is, it's not the same band.:-(

Ironic as Crue made their best album without Vince!

Kiwi78 06-10-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1137517)
Looks like I touched a nerve. lol
We'll see if you still think that once Richie gets back.
As for Phil bringing more feeling to the band, I disagree and so do many other people.

I would take your opinion more seriously, if you didn't still have Richie in your profile pic. Shouldn't it be Phil now? It would be more consistent with your opinion.

My take on the Phil X/Richie thing is this. I don't think there has to be a "side". Phil is there doing his job, and a good one, IMO - while Richie isn't.

Why can't people support Phil X for standing in and doing the best he can AND be happy when/if Richie comes back?

What I don't like - is people directly tweeting Phil and telling him how crap Jovi is without Richie. Like any of this is the guys fault.

jovigirloz 06-10-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1137521)
My take on the Phil X/Richie thing is this. I don't think there has to be a "side". Phil is there doing his job, and a good one, IMO - while Richie isn't.

Why can't people support Phil X for standing in and doing the best he can AND be happy when/if Richie comes back?

What I don't like - is people directly tweeting Phil and telling him how crap Jovi is without Richie. Like any of this is the guys fault.

That's my take on it too. I do miss Richie, it isn't the same, but we should still support Phil as he seems to be doing a great job.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-10-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1137521)

100% Agree. And I'm still one of the fans who don't think they're the same at all without Richie. RS has always been my fav Jovi member (been a fan for 13 years) and I miss him so much, but none of this is Phil's fault, and he's a great guitarist doing what he's asked to do. He also brings energy to the show and has done nothing wrong here.

I miss Richie with all my heart but frankly there's alot that he should have handled differently regarding all this, and Phil doesnt deserve the abuse.
No one can fill Richies shoes when it comes to that special Jovi magic or to the specific sound, and I don't think Phil expects to replace him either. However, he's bound to wanna make the best of it and rock it out on stage. And that he has.

There's no need to pick sides.

Solid Sambora 06-10-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1137511)
Those people are ridiculous and don't deserve to have Richie back. A lot of people are going to look like assholes once Richie gets back. I'm sure they'll forget all about Phil (again!) and go back to kissing Richie's ass and pretend like they never stopped supporting him.

Hmm. Can't see anything wrong with folk getting behind the band and showing a little support. The fact at this moment is that Richie Sambora is not touring with Bon Jovi, and the guys that are on stage deserve as much support as possible. Why make a bad situation worse by constantly lambasting Phil X? It isn't his fault this is happening, and he's doing a good job while he's up there.

Trust me, I'm as big a Richie fans as anyone else on here, but people like you are as bad as the Jon lovers on Backstage. You don't know shit behind Richie's reasons either so try a little objectivity- it could very well be you who looks like an asshole when this is all done and dusted.

Walkerboy 06-10-2013 11:04 AM

The chemistry isn't quite the same, but Phil's doing a superb job as the stand-in and, as Jon has upped his game, we're still getting value for money.
I'm beyond caring about whether Richie is coming back and why he's not there.

Jack27 06-10-2013 11:19 AM

Thick as Thieves:

I’m in an empty room
You’re driving your car
I’m on the bands World tour
You’re somewhere away, too far
Rich, man where ever you are
You and me
Thick as thieves

I know it ain’t always pretty
Sometimes it gets rough
After the New Jersey tour
It could have been the end of us
But Rich we made it through
You and me, we’ll always be
Thick as thieves

Time, just a little time is all I strive
You, me, we wrote classics like Wanted Dead or Alive
It was classic Rich and Jon
We can write another hit song
You and me
Thick as thieves

In a World without faith
You’re what I believe
You’re the wind in my sails
You’re the air that I breathe
Yeah you and me, thick as thives.

Rich, I know that you still care
You, me, we wrote classics like Livin’ On a Prayer
It was classic Rich and Jon
We can write another hit song
You and me
Thick as thieves

Bon Jovi without Richie,
Just ain’t the same
I know you’re pissed
I’m sure I’m to blame
You’re my right hand
…but this is still my band

I know we’re close to blowing out the flame
But you, me, we wrote You Give Love a Bad Name
What’s a boy to do, but get down on my knees to you
My brother, my blood
We’re as thick as thives
Thick as thives

CKatz 06-10-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1137529)
Hmm. Can't see anything wrong with folk getting behind the band and showing a little support. The fact at this moment is that Richie Sambora is not touring with Bon Jovi, and the guys that are on stage deserve as much support as possible. Why make a bad situation worse by constantly lambasting Phil X? It isn't his fault this is happening, and he's doing a good job while he's up there.

Trust me, I'm as big a Richie fans as anyone else on here, but people like you are as bad as the Jon lovers on Backstage. You don't know shit behind Richie's reasons either so try a little objectivity- it could very well be you who looks like an asshole when this is all done and dusted.

I don't have a problem with Phil X. I don't see how you think I was lambasting him in that comment. I think I stated pretty clearly that my problem was the dishonesty some fans are displaying at the moment.
You're right, I don't know why Richie isn't there but I'm not judging him for it (or anyone else in the band for that matter), which I think is objective. And since I wasn't quick to judge, I'm not going to look like the asshole.