Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

danfan 04-30-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1125859)
Doubt it. Say they've sold 30,000 tickets to Soldier Field, then they're going to move it to the 18,000 capacity United Center?

Where does it say that? And 30,000 is crap for Soldiers Field. It would be half empty. Granted, still 3 months before the show.

That also doesn't include the people who will want a refund if Richie isn't there.

nrm123 04-30-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concert Queen (Post 1125860)
Matthew Bongiovi‏@MatthewBongiovi34m
Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love

What are you doing with your life?

bounce442 04-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125847)
How much money are they protecting though? How much would it cost if they came out and said he left. A lot of people would still go as long as Jon is there.

Ticket sales haven't been great in Europe. If this is what their game is, why not hold off until they shift a few more?

And what's the long term cost? If Jon is proven a liar here, he will lose a lot of fans and a lot of respect. His career will suffer for it.

Jon is a smart businessman and a proud man. He will have a longer term view than the next US leg of the tour.

You have good points and valid questions. But you said, "they have nothing to gain..." and as I see it, they do. They can't afford the bad publicity of Richie leaving...to those who go to shows that don't follow BJ news closely -the majority of those in the crowds-, especially when ticket sales aren't doing so hot. I'm not an attorney, but people are being sold tickets to a Bon Jovi show and without Richie, they are not getting what they paid for. I imagine they want to keep this as quiet as possible.

As far as long term goes, they can keep it quiet forever and leave it as a personal problem with Richie, thus not losing any credibility. I don't know... I could be way off.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=crashed;1125855]
Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125849)
Neh. Jon's an arrogant ass who feels as though he's the band. If he didn't, this tour would be cancelled already.[/]

Once again, why? Hundreds of people have to be out of work because Richie doesn't show up? Richie isn't the band either.

What's worse - Hundreds of people out of work who will just go and work on another tour, or millions of people out hundreds of dollars not getting what they paid for?

Kathleen 04-30-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1125858)
I do sympathise with those of you in SA and Europe who are crushed with the news. I recall how I felt spending money on flights, hotel and ticket to get to my first live Jovi show and being told that Richie wouldn't be there. But I must say I (and other Americans) could have used your sympathy last month rather than all your comment about "Richie will be back in Europe, they wouldn't dare tour Europe without Richie, they would have to cancel the tour," etc. The shows go on and now you know that Bon Jovi treats its European fans just as well as it treats its American fans. Maybe you are not so special after all although to can take some comfort in their twitter message about being off to 'WONDERFUL Europe."

Exactly - it's not nice to gloat (and I don't even feel like gloating) - but all of us - Americans and Europeans are missing out on Richie. I have seen several shows with Phil X and enjoyed the shows immensely. So if my NMS shows are Richieless they will still be some damn fine shows during the summer here in Jersey.

Captmorgs 04-30-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125862)
Where does it say that? And 30,000 is crap for Soldiers Field. It would be half empty. Granted, still 3 months before the show.

That also doesn't include the people who will want a refund if Richie isn't there.

I'm just saying, for instance. You're right, a half full Soldier Field would be horrible attendance and it's still more than an arena could hold. Not to mention the nightmare of reassigning seats.

skogs 04-30-2013 09:30 PM

Gutted to hear this, I was trying to be optimistic. Keeping the faith and all that.. What has happened to our band, folks?

Glad I didn't fork out for travel this year. I'll still go to Slane but its just not gonna be the same. Its too late for damage control but Richie really needs to make a statement. Let us know the reason behind all this. He knows he has fans that support him so unless he is being gagged for some reason he needs to speak out.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-30-2013 09:30 PM

It also sucks as I am sure there will be hundreds, if not thousands of fans who don't follow/stalk the band and do this whole online thing like us who won't even know Richie's missing until the band actually takes to the stage on the day of the show.

Not announcing any more details now about Richie's situation is simply damage limitation to the brand and their brand image.

Andi

danfan 04-30-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1125867)
I'm just saying, for instance. You're right, a half full Soldier Field would be horrible attendance and it's still more than an arena could hold. Not to mention the nightmare of reassigning seats.

Yeah, I don't know how they'd reassign seats. Just make it all general admission. :-)

danfan 04-30-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1125869)
It also sucks as I am sure there will be hundreds, if not thousands of fans who don't follow/stalk the band and do this whole online thing like us who won't even know Richie's missing until the band actually takes to the stage on the day of the show.

Not announcing any more details now about Richie's situation is simply damage limitation to the brand and their brand image.

Andi

If they don't, they probably won't really care (or notice).

danfan 04-30-2013 09:35 PM

Bonjovi.com was right about one thing a few months back - "Get ready. Things are about to get very exciting!"

Captmorgs 04-30-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1125869)

I don't think this is Jon's choice. I believe this is Richie's deal. If no one is saying anything, it is because they're respecting his wishes. Maybe it really is something more important than a fan's "right" to know if he will play some gig. Get some perspective people.

JoviJovi 04-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1125866)
Exactly - it's not nice to gloat (and I don't even feel like gloating) - but all of us - Americans and Europeans are missing out on Richie. I have seen several shows with Phil X and enjoyed the shows immensely. So if my NMS shows are Richieless they will still be some damn fine shows during the summer here in Jersey.

So far, all Richieless shows have been arenas as far as I can remember. I think stadium shows are going to be a whole new level of shit without Richie.

JoviJovi 04-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1125874)
I don't think this is Jon's choice. I believe this is Richie's deal. If no one is saying anything, it is because they're respecting his wishes. Maybe it really is something more important than a fan's "right" to know if he will play some gig. Get some perspective people.

Yeah, my perspective is straight from my wallet. Such bullshit.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-30-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125871)
If they don't, they probably won't really care (or notice).

Well, my brother who's been to over 10 Bon Jovi shows hadn't heard anything about this whole Richie thing until I told him today. He was quite shocked.
I know its hard to believe, but some people (especially the older generation) don't live plugged in online the way we seem to...

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:38 PM

So there's no Richie in the UK and I cant get a refund because I bought my ticket through ticketmaster? Absolutely the last time I go see that band. What a ****ing joke. And what a bunch of useless cunts that run Bon Jovi management in regards to tickets. Victimisation for not being a no-mark nob jockey BJBJ twonk.

**** you Bon Jovi. Relationship is over.

Kathleen 04-30-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1125877)
Well, my brother who's been to over 10 Bon Jovi shows hadn't heard anything about this whole Richie thing until I told him today. He was quite shocked.
I know its hard to believe, but some people (especially the older generation) don't live plugged in online the way we seem to...

Hey - let's not bash the older generation. Some of us are just as big forum addicts as you kids are :p

danfan 04-30-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1125878)
So there's no Richie in the UK and I cant get a refund because I bought my ticket through ticketmaster? Absolutely the last time I go see that band. What a ****ing joke. And what a bunch of useless cunts that run Bon Jovi management in regards to tickets. Victimisation for not being a no-mark nob jockey BJBJ twonk.

**** you Bon Jovi. Relationship is over.

It isn't healthy to hide your feelings. Please, tell us how you really feel.

rolo_tomachi 04-30-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125856)
If he has, his daughter is hiding it very well

Maybe hide it her daughter. I went through this with my father, and he hidden for a while.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:41 PM

What really pisses me off is I have a bad feeling we're gonna see the end of the band before I reach my 5,000th post. What a bunch of bullshit!!!!

Beaky 04-30-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

I do sympathise with those of you in SA and Europe who are crushed with the news. I recall how I felt spending money on flights, hotel and ticket to get to my first live Jovi show and being told that Richie wouldn't be there. But I must say I (and other Americans) could have used your sympathy last month rather than all your comment about "Richie will be back in Europe, they wouldn't dare tour Europe without Richie, they would have to cancel the tour," etc. The shows go on and now you know that Bon Jovi treats its European fans just as well as it treats its American fans. Maybe you are not so special after all although to can take some comfort in their twitter message about being off to 'WONDERFUL Europe."

If you're after double-standards... how about the fact that you are having ago at 'all our comments' ... cut back on the generalisations please; there are plenty of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish people on here who NEVER get involved in the petty little squabbles between a substantial amount of the American and Europeans on this board.

I have to say, from the post above, I am really trying to find the sympathy you mention but it would take an entire team of CSIs to locate it amongst sheer glee at a post you've clearly been desperate to write.

Chris_Newton 04-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1125786)
It's the end. Been a nice ride, Europe get ready for the shittiest gigs you've ever seen.

Oh stop being a prick

Kathleen 04-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125882)
What really pisses me off is I have a bad feeling we're gonna see the end of the band before I reach my 5,000th post. What a bunch of bullshit!!!!

Dan - go read the front page of the New York Times - there are far worse things going on in the world.

bounce442 04-30-2013 09:44 PM

To all those stuck with tickets, who are frustrated, I understand. Keep your expectations low... but go.

I have no regrets about my show this tour without Richie (Dallas)... and Richie is 50% of BJ to me. If Richie had been there, it'd been my favorite show to date. It most likely will be the best Jon Bon Jovi show you've ever seen.

Gabriel Shoes 04-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1125672)
And let's face it, Kelly Clarkson is more rock and roll than Bon Jovi is these days.

Really liked what you said. :)

DevilsSon 04-30-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125882)

Hahaha! :D

That is a brilliant post. Hurry up dude! You can still catch me up :D

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125884)
Oh stop being a prick

They have a point. Europe is going to suck as much as the States now. At least we can sympathise how shit the American gigs are

MJB12 04-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1125866)

You are one of the few sensible people on this board. :multi:

Chris_Newton 04-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1125889)
They have a point. Europe is going to suck as much as the States now. At least we can sympathise how shit the American gigs are

I really dont think it will be anywhere near as bad as what people think

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1125886)
To all those stuck with tickets, who are frustrated, I understand. Keep your expectations low... but go.

I have no regrets about my show this tour without Richie (Dallas)... and Richie is 50% of BJ to me. If Richie had been there, it'd been my favorite show to date. It most likely will be the best Jon Bon Jovi show you've ever seen.

I love your enthusiasm, but it literally wont. Unless Jon pulls a few surprises out the bag, like Little Bit Of Soul ort Without Love, or something random like that it is gonna suck big time. I plan to get there at 7:55pm (assuming 8pm start time) and probably leave before the encore to beat the traffic

Supersonic 04-30-2013 09:50 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

To be fair, those comments regarding Europeans getter the better treatment is because Bon Jovi for a good decade have been treating European audiences better. Most of the comments however stem from people trying to remain optimistic or were just taking the piss in regards to America getting screwed over once again.

I take part in all the America bashing in regards to American Bon Jovi fans, but I feel I've also been rather vocal in how I feel American fans are rather treated like garbage while often there's many die hards there coming to see the band play they've come to know and love, much like there's such fans in Europe as well.

I know Americans who've seen twice as many shows as I have yet when it comes to seeing certain songs live I outnumber them simply because I live on another territory. I've made jokes with these people about it and we all laughed about it (because I am so fvcking hilarious), while both parties always realized it's rather sad. No one's been saying screw you, you're American and I think it should be blatantly obvious how everyone here, American, South American, European thinks you were getting screwed over and simply don't deserve the shows you're getting. If this hasn't come across that way I'm sorry, but I do feel that way, no matter how much I can't stand certain Yanks. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The Rock 04-30-2013 09:51 PM

I think the shows in Jersey will be the last shows unless Richie is back. Other countries that haven't had tour dates yet (Japan, Australia etc) get prepared they might not come. These dates had already been on sale but once they see how the reaction is with the shows, they know they will not be able to annouce shows without Richie there.

We have to see the reaction to the shows. Europe might go off without a hitch. Only the die-hards missing.

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125892)

For me personally Richie is as much Bon Jovi as Jon is. I would share equal discontent if Jon was absent but Richie wasn't. I have no need or desire to see Jon on his own. This is a massive blow

Chris_Newton 04-30-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1125896)
For me personally Richie is as much Bon Jovi as Jon is. I would share equal discontent if Jon was absent but Richie wasn't. I have no need or desire to see Jon on his own. This is a massive blow

thats fair enough...still go though.....might surprise u

Bounce7800 04-30-2013 09:53 PM

Well we knew it was coming but its gutting to have it confirmed. I really can't see what can keep him off a tour for months and yet not be able to tell us. People don't need to know everything, but we can offer some sympathy if it is required.

It can't be a money issue- they all have more than enough of that. I will lose a lot of respect for all involved if Richie has left the band mid-tour. Both Jon & Richie should not have let that happen.

I hope in the coming days there are options for refunds but you know it won't happen, the fans are the biggest losers in all of this, forking out for tickets in the current financial climate will not be easy for people and for the organisation to not even seem to contemplate refunds for the sake of their bottom line is pretty disgusting and a slap in the face to fans if that's how it goes down.

Having said that, I will still go to at least 2 of the shows, and I really hope Phil X plays as Ive wanted to see him in the flesh. I'd probably ditch my Hyde Park tickets if I had the option, there's plenty of baby things I'd rather allocate the money to now, but if they won't let us I'll still go and have a blast. I just hope they make the best of a bad hope and pull out the best of their back catalogue.

I do hope its not the end of a Bon Jovi with Richie. It was only 7 months ago I was at Shepherds Bush having a great time watching him do the Aftermath tour and now it's all crashing down. Whatever happens, we won't see BJ for a good few years whether they like it or not- the goodwill with the die hards is at an all time low and the casuals don't care.

Beaky 04-30-2013 09:54 PM

Is there a Kafka book about a community that gets some bad news and turns on each other like a bunch of tools?

'Americans are this,' 'Ha! Europe, you're not getting Richie either!'

Emotions are running high, I get it, but can everyone just go and punch an elderly relative rather than take it out on each other...

So really, seeing Matt's Twitter post, that's a game changer. Twitter posts are as good as press releases these days and this one tells me Richie is not a well boy. Up to now, we've had nothing to go on but silence. But Matt sending out a tweet like that, which could so easily bite him squarely in the backside - and bearing in mind, he is considered one of the voices of this brand - that says to me that this is exactly what he says it is.

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125897)
thats fair enough...still go though.....might surprise u

Yeah I will. But probably after a day of beer and food in Birmingham. Will be something to do on the way back home to Liverpool

MJB12 04-30-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125892)

I don't think it has been as bad as anyone thinks. Most of the people who have been to a Phil X show aren't nearly as upset about Richie being gone as people who haven't. Yes, it's obviously a big deal. Yes, I was disappointed Richie wasn't at my show. But it wasn't the end of the world, and quite honestly was one of the best BJ shows I've seen.

skogs 04-30-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1125898)
Well we knew it was coming but its gutting to have it confirmed. I really can't see what can keep him off a tour for months and yet not be able to tell us. People don't need to know everything, but we can offer some sympathy if it is required.

It can't be a money issue- they all have more than enough of that. I will lose a lot of respect for all involved if Richie has left the band mid-tour. Both Jon & Richie should not have let that happen.

I hope in the coming days there are options for refunds but you know it won't happen, the fans are the biggest losers in all of this, forking out for tickets in the current financial climate will not be easy for people and for the organisation to not even seem to contemplate refunds for the sake of their bottom line is pretty disgusting and a slap in the face to fans if that's how it goes down.

Having said that, I will still go to at least 2 of the shows, and I really hope Phil X plays as Ive wanted to see him in the flesh. I'd probably ditch my Hyde Park tickets if I had the option, there's plenty of baby things I'd rather allocate the money to now, but if they won't let us I'll still go and have a blast. I just hope they make the best of a bad hope and pull out the best of their back catalogue.

I do hope its not the end of a Bon Jovi with Richie. It was only 7 months ago I was at Shepherds Bush having a great time watching him do the Aftermath tour and now it's all crashing down. Whatever happens, we won't see BJ for a good few years whether they like it or not- the goodwill with the die hards is at an all time low and the casuals don't care.

Post of the evening. You said all I wanted to say.

nickolai 04-30-2013 09:59 PM

All I can say is that there had better be a pretty damn good reason/explanation to why Richie isn't there. I will not accept:

1. Another stint in rehab
2. Feud with Jon
3. Tax fraud
4. Arrested for indecency
5. Having a break due to fatigue.

Because number 5 - this is no excuse. Do not release a new album/tour so soon after the last tour.