Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 11-29-2020 10:59 PM

The next one will be made with them fully well knowing they can't mask the sales with the tour so it will be very interesting what direction they go in to try and safe face. Do they go more personal and blame it on that as the reason it didn't sell or do you go even more radio friendly and swing for the fences. I truly hope they do whatever they want and just make an album they can stand behind.

liljovi93 11-29-2020 11:01 PM

If we got an album of songs the same tempo as Beautiful Drug, Let It Rain & Brothers In Arms for instance, I'd be happy. If we got a song or two with the same passion as Blood In The Water & Luv Can, I'd be made up. If we get songs like American Reckoning, Lower The Flag, Do What You Can, I don't really care for them.

Shanks production was the best so far on 2020 and I actually think his guitar work is great. It's not the heavy riffs/long solos we want but the solos and melodies are enjoyable.

I'd be intrigued to see what an album that's not about this year may sound like. Another album isn't like we're paying hundreds (like we would tour tickets) so I will welcome more material.

2020 had so much potential to be great. 4/5 songs I'm still really enjoying but I'm also skipping the rest.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

jovifan85 11-29-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270717)
The next one will be made with them fully well knowing they can't mask the sales with the tour so it will be very interesting what direction they go in to try and safe face. Do they go more personal and blame it on that as the reason it didn't sell or do you go even more radio friendly and swing for the fences. I truly hope they do whatever they want and just make an album they can stand behind.

Bon Jovi did stand behind 2020, fans voted no......with the sales of the record, even though it's a great album.....I expect the same scenario plays out till he retires.....Bon Jovi make a good album ( depends on one's view), fans don't buy it, expecting something unrealistic, vocally which if you are, you'll be disappointed. Or are they waiting for Richie Sambora to come back? (Most likely the Final record and Tour)

jovifan85 11-29-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1270718)
If we got an album of songs the same tempo as Beautiful Drug, Let It Rain & Brothers In Arms for instance, I'd be happy. If we got a song or two with the same passion as Blood In The Water & Luv Can, I'd be made up. If we get songs like American Reckoning, Lower The Flag, Do What You Can, I don't really care for them.

Shanks production was the best so far on 2020 and I actually think his guitar work is great. It's not the heavy riffs/long solos we want but the solos and melodies are enjoyable.

I'd be intrigued to see what an album that's not about this year may sound like. Another album isn't like we're paying hundreds (like we would tour tickets) so I will welcome more material.

2020 had so much potential to be great. 4/5 songs I'm still really enjoying but I'm also skipping the rest.

I disagree with Lower the flag, agree with what you said above.

liljovi93 11-29-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1270720)
I disagree with Lower the flag, agree with what you said above.

Yeah, it's just not my type of song unfortunately. Same with Story Of Love. Lyrically both are good but just not the type of song I listen too.

Captain_jovi 11-29-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1270719)
Bon Jovi did stand behind 2020, fans voted no......with the sales of the record, even though it's a great album.....I expect the same scenario plays out till he retires.....Bon Jovi make a good album ( depends on one's view), fans don't buy it, expecting something unrealistic, vocally which if you are, you'll be disappointed. Or are they waiting for Richie Sambora to come back? (Most likely the Final record and Tour)

True but the only reason they're cutting this one off is because they can't promote it with a tour. That's not really....standing behind it. It feels like they want to maybe do another project so they can tie it to a tour, ya know? It'd be nice if this album wasn't so dead in the water.

For as much as everyone says the fanbase should forget about it because once the pandemic slows down no one will want to think about the year, as if the album is somehow tied to the pandemic. Making DWYC and American Reckoning part of the album and keep it only 10 songs really hurts them in this case. Had they been bonus tracks I think this album could have had a second life when things get better.

jovifan85 11-29-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270722)
True but the only reason they're cutting this one off is because they can't promote it with a tour. That's not really....standing behind it. It feels like they want to maybe do another project so they can tie it to a tour, ya know? It'd be nice if this album wasn't so dead in the water.

For as much as everyone says the fanbase should forget about it because once the pandemic slows down no one will want to think about the year, as if the album is somehow tied to the pandemic. Making DWYC and American Reckoning part of the album and keep it only 10 songs really hurts them in this case. Had they been bonus tracks I think this album could have had a second life when things get better.

I hope fans who didn't buy 2020 may revisit it, and ignore AR and DWYC, and say that wasn't a bad album after all.

rolo_tomachi 11-30-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270722)

I agree, but the album title was 2020, so they couldn't leave DWYC and AR as bonus tracks outside of the album, as they would have a 2020 album that doesn't talk about 2020. That's why these two songs were included.

By the way, Bon Jovi already has the film on his YouTube channel.

Captain_jovi 11-30-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1270724)
I agree, but the album title was 2020, so they couldn't leave DWYC and AR as bonus tracks outside of the album, as they would have a 2020 album that doesn't talk about 2020. That's why these two songs were included.

I mean I get WHY he said he did it and why he did do it but it crippled the album. It made it impossible to really promote unless they majorly change gears. It's so routed in life's events because of the two new songs. I hope they put out Beautiful Drug AND Story of Love and try their hand at life-songs.

Litneg 11-30-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270717)

I only hope they (the band & the members) do a decent promotion of the next one, like they did with THINFS.