Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Slakk 06-11-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1137763)
A furious Richie Sambora sent Jon Bon Jovi a terse three word email after the Bon Jovi frontman suggested he was unlike U2‘s The Edge and a replaceable guitarist — the latest salvo in the pair’s simmering feud.

“It read, ‘Hire The Edge,’” a source with knowledge of the missive told RadarOnline.com.

The email was in response to Jon’s May 20 interview when the 51-year-old suggested guitarist Sambora, 53, was easier to replace than the famed U2 guitarist.

Taking this with pinch of salt, seeing as this is from "a source".

I can almost see that this all started over something stupid and the plan was for Richie to go sulk a few days and get whatever he wanted. Jon being Jon dug in his heels and said MFer if you want back it is my way.

I remember reading Richie call the band a caste system - you knew your place and you never moved. The only way I see him back in is if he goes back to toeing the line. This will not stop the Bon Jovi machine - Jon has said numerous times he is a fighter and will not lay down and die and unless Tico and Dave mutiny Bon Jovi will have three members and Richie will be airbrushed out and *retire*

Maybe he and AJS can start a new band.

RonJovi 06-11-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

A furious Richie Sambora sent Jon Bon Jovi a terse three word email after the Bon Jovi frontman suggested he was unlike U2‘s The Edge and a replaceable guitarist — the latest salvo in the pair’s simmering feud.

“It read, ‘Hire The Edge,’” a source with knowledge of the missive told RadarOnline.com.

The email was in response to Jon’s May 20 interview when the 51-year-old suggested guitarist Sambora, 53, was easier to replace than the famed U2 guitarist.

To me this is complete bullshit but I really hope it's true. This could escalate and we'll have Jon and Richie abusing each other in the press. This is rock and roll.

Look at the Gallaghers. Great musicians but the abuse they threw at each other is comical. Then again, they don't take themselves as seriously as Jon and Richie and that's reflected in the humour.

My hope is that this escalates in the press for several months culminating in a fight to the death.

Slakk 06-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1137775)
To me this is complete bullshit but I really hope it's true. This could escalate and we'll have Jon and Richie abusing each other in the press. This is rock and roll.

Look at the Gallaghers. Great musicians but the abuse they threw at each other is comical. Then again, they don't take themselves as seriously as Jon and Richie and that's reflected in the humour.

My hope is that this escalates in the press for several months culminating in a fight to the death.

At this point I think the two of them are entrenched in their positions - the key is Dave and Tico. If after the tour they stay on Team Jon then Richie is toast. If they pull back and say enough is enough then Jon is toast - you cannot have Bon Jovi with one person!

If Richie comes back during this tour it will be on Jon's terms. Luckily we know Richie is doing ****ing great!

jovigirloz 06-11-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakk (Post 1137777)
At this point I think the two of them are entrenched in their positions - the key is Dave and Tico. If after the tour they stay on Team Jon then Richie is toast. If they pull back and say enough is enough then Jon is toast - you cannot have Bon Jovi with one person!

And this is what it will all boil down to at the end. It will be sad if it is, but obviously something is going on behind the scenes and I doubt that we will ever know the full truth.

WillRunForChocolate 06-11-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

If Richie really sent the email it would have had misspellings and incorrect punctuation. :)

jessycardy 06-11-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Meh, the gutter press is just as frustrated as we are (okay, not nearly AS much), so they're just trying to use what little juice they have from the past weeks to make a "new" headline, it's so obvious here. But hey, it got the thread going on for a few more posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1137736)
I made a video for them:rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCyY9vfGpD4

Makes me want to cry. It's unsettling but perfect how you left the ending open like that.

wichi850262 06-11-2013 04:23 PM

If Richie has left because of disagreements on a personal or a musical level, then personally I'm glad. Bon Jovi has been on a slippery slope and has become rather boring and predictable. I hope it shakes things up and a) Bon Jovi return with a new breath of life or b) Sambora goes alone and does solo work, because AOAL is far superior than WAN.

An answer would be nice to put this thread to rest...

One_Wild_Carl 06-11-2013 04:29 PM

Well it is speculation but it would seem Jon and Richie fell out, I just wish they would sort it out and move forward from here, least Phil X is doing a good job filling in.

Becky 06-11-2013 05:10 PM

It's probably not true. I mean, what kind of leg would Richie have to stand on in firing back? He HAS been replaced at a moment's notice TWICE and the tours have gone on successfully without him. It's hard to take anything from an unnamed source as truth.

Yvonne 06-11-2013 05:14 PM

I'm waiting for the autobiographies of Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, then we may know :cool: