Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 06-11-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1137909)
I think you should do it!!!!!

Bon Jovi are the new guns n roses.

http://www.slithersmusiczine.com/ima...-disc-2013.jpg
THE MAN, his band.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
Bobby gives guitar solo a bad name!

JoviJovi 06-12-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1137948)
Bon Jovi are the new guns n roses.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
Bobby gives guitar solo a bad name!

Such a creepy little man

Bounce7800 06-12-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1137952)
Such a creepy little man

He sure is, and I aint keen on Bobby either :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1137892)
I hear he's doing ****ing great.

Should be the new lyrics to Blood on Blood. Now Danny's an uptown lawyer, I hear Richie's doing ****ing great...

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-12-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1137956)

Should be the new lyrics to Blood on Blood. Now Danny's an uptown lawyer, I hear Richie's doing ****ing great...

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH *breatheeeee* HAHAHAHHAHHAH

JoviJovi 06-12-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

He sure is, and I aint keen on Bobby either :p

HA!! I kinda knew that was coming as I was typing it

jessycardy 06-12-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

OMG, I feel bad, but this was funny!

Jayster 06-12-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wichi850262 (Post 1137796)
If Richie has left because of disagreements on a personal or a musical level, then personally I'm glad. Bon Jovi has been on a slippery slope and has become rather boring and predictable. I hope it shakes things up and a) Bon Jovi return with a new breath of life or b) Sambora goes alone and does solo work, because AOAL is far superior than WAN.

An answer would be nice to put this thread to rest...

I reluctantly agree with you here.

During Aftermath promo interviews, Richie did make the point that he can't get as creative with Bon Jovi and that he has much less freedom when making music with the band. With the way Jon seemed to mastermind WAN and rush the band into record yet another mediocre album, I think the most likely 'issue' is musical differences.

Richie may have made a flippant remark about how he didn't like playing one of the new songs and JBJ went all sulky. Again though, we may never know.

Don't you think though that the longer he is away, the less likely it is he'll be back?

Mysterytrain 06-12-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1137963)
I reluctantly agree with you here.

During Aftermath promo interviews, Richie did make the point that he can't get as creative with Bon Jovi and that he has much less freedom when making music with the band. With the way Jon seemed to mastermind WAN and rush the band into record yet another mediocre album, I think the most likely 'issue' is musical differences.

Richie may have made a flippant remark about how he didn't like playing one of the new songs and JBJ went all sulky. Again though, we may never know.

Don't you think though that the longer he is away, the less likely it is he'll be back?

Yes, though I'm still unclear about whose decision it is for Richie to stay away, given that Jon said Richie is "welcome back anytime" and yet Richie says "Jon is making it difficult for me to come back." Somebody is going to have to give in order for that to happen, but if they wait too much longer, I think they'll grow tired of not getting anywhere.

ticos_stick 06-12-2013 01:06 AM

You don't have to look any further than the BBC promo show to see that Richie was totally uninspired by What About Now. Jon revealed that Richie didn't turn up to practice in order to watch a game of football. Then as they played, Richie was constantly reading the auto cue and mumbling his words while looking totally disinterested.

jessycardy 06-12-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1137963)

It depends on what you mean. When you really stop and think about it for a moment, it's totally irrational and stupid to believe that Richie might be back for any of the European dates. Like, seriously. And I think Matt and company know this very well and are just looking for the attention or something. I don't know what their motives are, but it's clear that he won't be back for Europe. Sometimes statements from Jon's interviews pop up in my head and I'm like what are we even talking about here? We keep saying that we know nothing, and it's true. But at the same time, Jon told us a lot, almost everything. I know it doesn't make sense logically, but that's the situation. When you have Jon dropping the "if at all" bomb, for instance, it's healthier for everybody waiting for their show in Europe to just sit back and admit it: he won't be at our shows. There, if I did it, you can too.

Now, back to your question. It was officially announced that Richie will be absent from the rest of the European leg. Before that, the same was done for the previous leg. It's quite obvious that, WHATEVER the issue is, like, literally, WHATEVER, Richie won't be back in the middle of a tour leg. It's just not gonna happen! So, rather than "the longer he is away", I would say "the more legs of the tour he's missing". As much as it's more and more frustrating for us with each day passing by without any new info, the truth is the situation could have changed on the first date of the European leg. It didn't, and it won't until the very end of it. It's hard, but we probably won't have a clue more than we do now until July 12th... Which, by the way, is the day after his birthday. Theories and conspiracies and rambles are welcome.