Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

liljovi93 05-01-2019 08:59 PM

I think we all knew it was happening. Think people are saying they knew it would happen to prove a point but it's happened the past few tours so it's not shock.

Tons of promotion in Liverpool. Buses, posters, massive billboards and it's on the moving billboards around the city too. Also all around the stadium at Anfield on match day so it was obviously not selling well.

It'll be on Groupon in a few weeks too. It's just what's happening with the band now. No demand.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thinny 05-01-2019 11:30 PM

You can't ignore your fan base in a whole country or continent, then put your ticket prices up substantially and then expect to play the same size venues as you did 5 years ago...

I don't recall any 2 for 1 or 50% off offers on the last UK run....but then I wasn't really paying much attention to the WAN tour.

liljovi93 05-01-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252608)
You can't ignore your fan base in a whole country or continent, then put your ticket prices up substantially and then expect to play the same size venues as you did 5 years ago...

I don't recall any 2 for 1 or 50% off offers on the last UK run....but then I wasn't really paying much attention to the WAN tour.

They had tickets for like £10 or something on Groupon. Really really cheap.

steel_horse75 05-01-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252608)

They were literally walking around Sunderland town centre giving them out on the day of the gig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nige 05-01-2019 11:52 PM

Anyone been able to get the 2 for 1 offer to work for Liverpool? I can't...it just keeps trying to charge me full price.

Supersonic 05-02-2019 05:02 AM

Aloha !

I find it amusing to see "real fans" get upset on Facebook over the 50% sale as they've paid the full price for a ticket while every "real fan" would know not to buy ticket on the first day. Especially at places where the band plays at an open field. I'd say you're a ****ing idiot if you buy a Golden Circle ticket for Bon Jovi in Holland on the day it goes on sale as they've always been on sale the day of the show for the last 15 years. It's both amusing and sad to see how many people still fall for it tour after tour after tour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1252135)
don't really think bj has become a nostalgia act... it's just that they haven't been good enough to attract new generations with their music...i'll give you an example, i'm from italy and here maybe the biggest star is Vasco Rossi, who is a 67 years old rockstar that turned into a much more commercial pop act...he's just sold 6 straight sold out san siro this year and has the record for the biggest paid concert ever held (220k people) despite many of his hardcore fans really don't like his latest albums (myself included). So as you can see age is not a problem, voice isn't neither (he's absolutely nowhere near jbj's level as a vocalist and has never been), it's just a matter of bad commercial choices...BJ look like a group that has stopped being interest in selling albums and promote concerts, despite one of the biggest fan bases in the world that still follow them as you can see by how many tickets they've already sold

If Bon Jovi aren't a nostalgia act I'm not sure what band does qualify for being a nostalgia act to you.

They haven't had a hit in over 15 years. Their last album to make any impact on the album charts was over a decade ago and the last time they attracted new fans was a decade ago as well. Besides that no one goes to see Bon Jovi live anymore based upon recent output, everyone who buys a ticket is to see the band either play the hits or with the hope to hear some older material. If that's not being a nostalgia act I don't know what is.

I'd say calling this tour the This House is not for Sale tour only damages ticket sales as people not familiar with setlist drama will expect a majority of new songs. Jon's insistence of not being called a nostalgia act will damage their ticket sales. Especially with setlist.fm being around and people seeing so many unknown songs in the set.

Still, I'm surprised at how well ticket sales are going. I expected a lot more empty venues but then again I didn't expect everyone on Jovitalk to buy tickets either after the backlash over the quality of the American shows. Oh well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

liljovi93 05-02-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1252611)
Anyone been able to get the 2 for 1 offer to work for Liverpool? I can't...it just keeps trying to charge me full price.

You have to follow the link on the article mate.

taker5962 05-02-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1252604)
Tickets for Nijmegen are with 50% discount today as well.

https://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/bo...209.1556730869

-20€ for GA in Werchter
So sad, no GC at all :(

Nige 05-02-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1252613)
You have to follow the link on the article mate.

Yeah I did that, but when I add to them to the basket it still shows full price.

liljovi93 05-02-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1252616)
Yeah I did that, but when I add to them to the basket it still shows full price.

That's strange. It worked for me this morning. I wasn't buying any but had a go at how many I could buy and then went to basket and one was available for £48