Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovigirloz 06-12-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1137952)
Such a creepy little man

Jons likes to surround himself with creepy men. Obie..

BJ?YesPlease 06-12-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1137977)
"That's what I want..."

You're back! I thought you'd decided to run out and marry some other stranger you met on line.;)

Sorry, I've been so busy watching videos of the recent shows on YouTube.

And subsequently crying my eyes out trying to pretend it's not happening.

I'm watching two guys who aren't "in" Bon Jovi trading guitar solos, and a bloke on lead vocals who is hitting more wrong notes than right ones.

Watching Dave (who still looks like he's having a ball!) and Tico has become the highlight. Sad times.

If you want to watch something tragic, you might struggle to find something worse than this: Yes, I know it's a non-album track etc. And probably no worse than most versions of WGIGO.

BJ?YesPlease 06-12-2013 09:29 AM

I was round Jon's house last night. No biggie, just chilling, talking over old times.

Then, out of the blue, in walks Richie. We all notice, but don't go crazy.

He's just welcomed back, like nothing has happened - a few man hugs, that's all.

We chat, make a few arrangements, management call some cars, book some tickets, and off we go for the next show with Rich back in the fold.
What a weird dream. It didn't even include any sex.

Gutted.

nikos greece 06-12-2013 10:46 AM

i always tried to keep away from harsh comments and fights epecially in a forum but i really find all that thing overwhelming...its really sad that so many people all of a sudden have phil x avatars/photos etc supporting him like someone could put him in the same sentence with richie...its all that naivity that gives jon the impression he is the band and everyone else is replacable...
phil x is a nice musician who tries his best but i get furstrated when more and more people act like he should replace richie...richie co-wrote almost every good bj song, marked it with his style and voice...how can someone disregard that? i get that not all the people react the same way but in reality we dont even know the real reason, and even if someday we learn some portion of the truth surely there will be many details who none of us would be able to understand...
many people here deny the brotherhood and the friendship that exists between the guys...its logical to fight from time to time, in fact i believe the problem in bj camp is that everyone respects jon way too much and always has his way...these guys have been through so many things together that would be impossible not to be really close...even if richie has left.
ps.it looks like richie aint coming back at least for the european leg...really sad about this. after all these years there are 3-4 really big gigs for the band and richie is gone...instead we get bobby and phil x who s trying but will never fit the band the way richie did..
ps2.jons comment about the edge was a disgrace...i said it before and i ll say it again...i cant get over the fact he said sth like that...he showed no repsect for the band with this remark...richie isnt a guitar pioneer but plays with soul, how can you replace soul so easily???he went over the line and disrespected him

Walkerboy 06-12-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1138038)

Seriously?!?! People are crying about Richie not being there.....

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!

jovigirloz 06-12-2013 11:37 AM

I will admit that if it is announced that Richie has left I will have a cry :(

Robd788 06-12-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1138051)
Seriously?!?! People are crying about Richie not being there.....

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!

Oh I believe some have. There are way more important things to cry in life about than this situation.

crashed 06-12-2013 12:12 PM

I hadn't watched anything with Phil X at all in it until I watched one of the Birmingham You Tube clips of Dry County and I have to say - he nailed it - but what he can't match is Richie's harmonies and melody and the way it just mingles with Jon perfectly.

jovifan93 06-12-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1138038)
Sorry, I've been so busy watching videos of the recent shows on YouTube.

I'm watching two guys who aren't "in" Bon Jovi trading guitar solos, and a bloke on lead vocals who is hitting more wrong notes than right ones.

Watching Dave (who still looks like he's having a ball!) and Tico has become the highlight. Sad times.

If you want to watch something tragic, you might struggle to find something worse than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOikPPoOXg8
Yes, I know it's a non-album track etc. And probably no worse than most versions of WGIGO.

What do you find wrong about that version of Garageland (other than that the sound of the video is quite poor)? I was pleasently surprised at how good it was :-)

jovifan93 06-12-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1138045)
i always tried to keep away from harsh comments and fights epecially in a forum but i really find all that thing overwhelming...its really sad that so many people all of a sudden have phil x avatars/photos etc supporting him like someone could put him in the same sentence with richie...its all that naivity that gives jon the impression he is the band and everyone else is replacable...
phil x is a nice musician who tries his best but i get furstrated when more and more people act like he should replace richie...richie co-wrote almost every good bj song, marked it with his style and voice...how can someone disregard that? i get that not all the people react the same way but in reality we dont even know the real reason, and even if someday we learn some portion of the truth surely there will be many details who none of us would be able to understand...
many people here deny the brotherhood and the friendship that exists between the guys...its logical to fight from time to time, in fact i believe the problem in bj camp is that everyone respects jon way too much and always has his way...these guys have been through so many things together that would be impossible not to be really close...even if richie has left.
ps.it looks like richie aint coming back at least for the european leg...really sad about this. after all these years there are 3-4 really big gigs for the band and richie is gone...instead we get bobby and phil x who s trying but will never fit the band the way richie did..
ps2.jons comment about the edge was a disgrace...i said it before and i ll say it again...i cant get over the fact he said sth like that...he showed no repsect for the band with this remark...richie isnt a guitar pioneer but plays with soul, how can you replace soul so easily???he went over the line and disrespected him

Actually it's quite easy to put them both in the same sentence: Phil X is filling in for Richie Sambora at the moment. :-D