Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-12-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1138114)
If posted elsewhere I apologize, (actually been earning my pay today at work!) Phil X appears to have changed his Twitter status/info.

Phil X
@TheRealPhilX

bio/detailed discography on philx.tv right now i'm playing guitar & touring the world with BON F#ŠKING JOVI. .... of course, only until RS comes back

Of course. :D

Nope, nobody had posted it before. It really shows how he's humble, has a lot of respect for Bon Jovi and isn't here to steal anybody's place. Nice of him!

StoneDeaf 06-12-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1138115)
He always says in interviews how they remained true to themselves and didn't hire a rapper to bring on stage when that was cool and stuff. I know yours was tongue in cheek, but I just wanted to point that out.

Staying true to themselves.... Bobby, duests with countrypoppers...just wanted to point that out.

Myguitar 06-12-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1138113)
Perhaps the sound hasn't changed that much, I give you that. Songs and arrangements has. Too much and for a lot worse.

What's changed, IMO, is the diminished quality of lyrics and the production value that getting too crisp and too radio-friendly. That's not just BJ though, many bands sound way too overproduced today.

Lost Highway may not be a terrible album but it's an awful Bon Jovi album. Remove the bits of country that were sprinkled here and there and that may have been a decent pop-rock record.

Destination Anywhere had a little country influence (Little City) but that sounded more like old school country - Lost Highway was more influenced by the new style of pop-country. Big, big difference there. I think on the new album, perhaps two redeeming points for the band are the songs "Fighter" and "Not Running Anymore". They sound like they came off These Days and Destination, and their sound pays homage to that old style of gentleman country and not the pop country stuff of today's Nashville.

jessycardy 06-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1138117)
Staying true to themselves.... Bobby, duests with countrypoppers...just wanted to point that out.

Two duets to launch the album, big ****in' deal. Bobby, I would gladly get rid of, especially for the solos, I don't understand why he's still allowed to butcher them. If he needs to stay, he should stick to what he's good at, rhythm and backing vocals.
Anyway, changing things doesn't mean not staying true to yourself. Bon Jovi have been changing things with every album since 1984.

Myguitar 06-12-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1138115)
He always says in interviews how they remained true to themselves and didn't hire a rapper to bring on stage when that was cool and stuff. I know yours was tongue in cheek, but I just wanted to point that out.

And you believe anything he says? Jon is, first and foremost, a salesman and a businessman, and an artist second.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1138117)

THIS!

Jon has always been concerned with being in spotlight. He will change the sound however he pleases as long as it gets him noticed.

They may not have brought in a rapper when it was cool and stuff, but they certainly brought in Big & Rich, Sugarland, and LeAnn when it was cool and stuff. Of course I was kidding about them rapping but the only reason they haven't brought in a rapper yet is because country music was less of a stretch for a pop-rock band.

They remained true to themselves in the early and mid 90's because unlike many other 80s hair bands of the day, they didn't submit to the grunge fad and, IMO, they actually became a better band than they were in the 80s.

jessycardy 06-12-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 1138121)
And you believe anything he says? Jon is, first and foremost, a salesman and a businessman, and an artist second.

Okay, tell me again once he hires a rapper.

Sissy3 06-12-2013 07:22 PM

Oh it would have to be the rapper Lil' Jon! (and don't ask me how I even know who that is because I have no idea!)

StoneDeaf 06-12-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1138120)
Two duets to launch the album, big ****in' deal.

So, duets with pointless artists (from rock fan's point of view) is staying true, but a duet with artist from different kind of genre would not have been? Idiots.

Now that you brought it up. Duets to lauchs albums. That's quite far from staying true to themselves. Staying true to their identity would have been doing it by themselves, not using "help" to sneak in audience from another target group. What they have been doing is absolutely not being true to themselves, but calculating every move. No heart, no soul, just plain old greed motivating the move into different market.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-12-2013 07:28 PM

Woke up sick, well I started feeling ill yesterday. I have a really bad sore throat. Hot tea would really feel good on my throat, but I want Richie to bring it to me. I want him to baby me and hug me, kiss me on my forehead. ����������☕

That was a post in 'Richie Sambora Fans' by some woman.

Myguitar 06-12-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1138125)
Woke up sick, well I started feeling ill yesterday. I have a really bad sore throat. Hot tea would really feel good on my throat, but I want Richie to bring it to me. I want him to baby me and hug me, kiss me on my forehead. ����������☕

That was a post in 'Richie Sambora Fans' by some woman.

If he brought me tea I'd have to ask him "what's in it?". :)