Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

richiefan95 11-18-2021 10:08 AM

So Richie has started tweeting again. Hopefully that means that the album comes out soon

Thinny 11-18-2021 10:41 PM

If anyone has read Little Steven's book there are a few Richie mentions in there, most noteable that he really wanted to produce the RSO album, but he and Richie never got to connect about it and Bob Rock got the job.

Would have been really interesting to hear what a Little Steven produced RSO album would have sounded like - I can only imagine that it would have been a completely different record.

He also said that they did around 30 songs with Bob so I expect that there are still some that never got released.

Rdkopper 11-18-2021 11:47 PM

Richie probably has 1 million unreleased songs...

All he does is post pics of him in the studio and never releases anything. I'm still waiting on that Tommy Lee track from 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 11-18-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1276533)

All he does is post pics of him in the studio and never releases anything. I'm still waiting on that Tommy Lee track from 20 years ago.

The one of him drumming on The Songs That Wrote My Life or was there another one?

JoviForever 11-19-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1276533)

Maybe he hasn’t got a record contract?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-20-2021 05:22 AM

This picture is pretty weird...
https://www.facebook.com/shanahanpho...9388296743761/

Thinny 11-20-2021 11:41 AM

That picture is years old.

rokuli 11-20-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1276552)

Well there's something more weird her on the forum.

That's just a photoshopped promo picture for Ovation to sell some guitars.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-21-2021 04:05 AM

I know
Bad choice for his profile picture...
Maybe this is normal for you: https://youtu.be/2T6needa2cs

JackieBlue 11-24-2021 02:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Does anybody have any idea where these were taken and when?

And is that really an electric 12-string? They may be common as dirt, but I don't think I've ever seen one; and I'm almost certain I've never seen Richie playing one.

Captain_jovi 11-24-2021 03:05 AM

I'm trying to think what he plays 12 string electric on live and coming up short. Acoustic, yeah, but electric I got nothing. I can hear it here and there on albums (side note: one of my my favourite parts of Just Older is the jangly 12 string playing the riff at the end)

JackieBlue 11-24-2021 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276601)
I'm trying to think what he plays 12 string electric on live and coming up short. Acoustic, yeah, but electric I got nothing. I can hear it here and there on albums (side note: one of my my favourite parts of Just Older is the jangly 12 string playing the riff at the end)

Thanks! Is the one in Just Older an electric, and he just uses the acoustic live?

Captain_jovi 11-24-2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1276602)
Thanks! Is the one in Just Older an electric, and he just uses the acoustic live?

He plays electric on Just Older live, I assume he plays both electric and acoustic on the album version. Not really sure what Jon played guitar-wise on Crush. AFAIK he stopped doing rhythm guitar work in studio after Bounce.

Javier 11-24-2021 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276603)
He plays electric on Just Older live, I assume he plays both electric and acoustic on the album version. Not really sure what Jon played guitar-wise on Crush. AFAIK he stopped doing rhythm guitar work in studio after Bounce.

I thinl I saw some videos of the recording of Lost Highway where it showed Jon recording some acoustic for I Love this Town. So I guess he did do some minimal guitar work there, but on HAND, TC and WAN as far as I know it's all Shanks and Richie.....

Captain_jovi 11-24-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1276604)
I thinl I saw some videos of the recording of Lost Highway where it showed Jon recording some acoustic for I Love this Town. So I guess he did do some minimal guitar work there, but on HAND, TC and WAN as far as I know it's all Shanks and Richie.....

Good call, I think he played on Memory too.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-30-2021 06:01 AM

Richie: https://www.instagram.com/p/CW2Jj_rl2iQ/

YOVANAfromPeru 12-14-2021 01:59 AM

Richie: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXZw8iFvQP7/

Butters 12-15-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1276783)

In his element.

Rdkopper 12-15-2021 11:32 PM

I can't figure out who looks more ridiculous. A guy in his early 60s trying look like a teenager... Or a guy in his late 50s looking like he's 80.

Thinny 12-16-2021 12:39 AM

Say what you want about the way he is dressed, but Richie is really looking like Richie again to me....he's looking happy and well, so I'm all for it!

GabrielC 12-16-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1276803)
Say what you want about the way he is dressed, but Richie is really looking like Richie again to me....he's looking happy and well, so I'm all for it!

Totally agreed!

bonjovi90 12-18-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1276840)
A picture of fangirls with their idol like it happens millions of times all around the world with all kind of celebs and all kind of ages. So just cool down with your sexual-minded over-analysis. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. Most of the comments are downright disgusting and that's saying a lot for a place like this.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1276841)
Agreed. Most of the comments are downright disgusting and that's saying a lot for a place like this.

This. Could we maybe not call people pedophiles for unfounded reasons? It's kind of a serious accusation.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 05:33 PM

I just came on here to say that this is the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum and I've read some pretty disgusting things on here over the years. This whole conversation should be removed and that girl should be banned permanently. This isn't the first time with her BS.
There are many who read here but do not post and this type of slander/libel contributes to the lies that spread about Richie on social media. You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate. Unbelievable.

Nige 12-18-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276845)
I just came on here to say that this is the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum and I've read some pretty disgusting things on here over the years. This whole conversation should be removed and that girl should be banned permanently. This isn't the first time with her BS.
There are many who read here but do not post and this type of slander/libel contributes to the lies that spread about Richie on social media. You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate. Unbelievable.

Couldn't agree more - it's way out of line.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276845)

Not all mods have the power to ban, it's far more complicated than that. I understand it's being figured out but "You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate"....I don't think really appreciate the way that's worded. Half the time it's babysitting children, the disgusting PM's I've gotten while taking action is just baffling.

Just know it's being worked on and mod'ing this place is purely on a volunteer basis and we mostly get treated pretty poorly.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276847)
Not all mods have the power to ban, it's far more complicated than that. I understand it's being figured out but "You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate"....I don't think really appreciate the way that's worded. Half the time it's babysitting children, the disgusting PM's I've gotten while taking action is just baffling.

Just know it's being worked on and mod'ing this place is purely on a volunteer basis and we mostly get treated pretty poorly.

So you cannot remove vile posts like that? Sorry but I don't know who has that power and all I see as far as moderators posting is you. Which moderators have the power then? Maybe people posting here should know that.
I think anyone who doesn't see this as beyond the pale is not worth the pm's a moderator may get.

I don't think Richie and Jon would give a flying F if the mods got disgusting PM's if they found out what's been said about them on this forum. It should have been removed ASAP. It's libelous.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276847)

I just looked to see who the moderators are on this forum and I haven't seen any of them posting on this forum in a long time. Maybe you need new moderators who still actually participate in the forum they moderate? Just sayin'.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276849)
So you cannot remove vile posts like that? Sorry but I don't know who has that power and all I see as far as moderators posting is you. Which moderators have the power then? Maybe people posting here should know that.
I think anyone who doesn't see this as beyond the pale is not worth the pm's a moderator may get.

I don't think Richie and Jon would give a flying F if the mods got disgusting PM's if they found out what's been said about them on this forum. It should have been removed ASAP. It's libelous.

I DID remove the posts. My point was there's a handful of us that don't always have the time to do stuff like this ASAP. Banning people, whether temporarily or permanently, is a bit longer of a process due to the type of board this is.

I don't care if Richie or Jon give a flying F about the mods, I certainly care if the people HERE do so they can understand we can't always be on to of everything at the speed people want us to.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276850)
I just looked to see who the moderators are on this forum and I haven't seen any of them posting on this forum in a long time. Maybe you need new moderators who still actually participate in the forum they moderate? Just sayin'.

All due respect, you have 19 posts here since joining in 2014. You're not wrong in that people are acting inappropriately and it's being taken care of as fast as we can, but if you want to help make the board better feel free to post more, add to conversations. There aren't even may active posters so finding people to give up their time to deal with stuff on a dead board is easier said than done.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276852)
All due respect, you have 19 posts here since joining in 2014. You're not wrong in that people are acting inappropriately and it's being taken care of as fast as we can, but if you want to help make the board better feel free to post more, add to conversations. There aren't even may active posters so finding people to give up their time to deal with stuff on a dead board is easier said than done.

All due respect to you, I've read here for much longer than when I signed up and this is one of the reasons I've only posted here a few times. You get attacked, harassed and have to deal with people like that one. I don't have the time or patience with this sh!t anymore especially on a daily/weekly basis.

Also there's no band anymore to speak of, IMO. I look in here mostly for old stuff like HAND's videos, info about old shows, etc.
This Richie thread is nothing but bashing the guy. It's sickening.

I do feel sorry for you having to deal with this. You shouldn't have to. Stunning that supposed ADULTS don't know enough to not say things like that on the internet.

QUceK1WV8 12-18-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276853)
Stunning that supposed ADULTS don't know enough to not say things like that on the internet.

Welcome to the internet. I blame the AOL. (Zoomers won't know :D :D )

So much of internet is all about being dickheads towards other people it almost feels normal. Not that it should be normal and not that I like it. But this is where we have come to. The peak of western civilization is behind us, the average IQ started dropping a long time ago and we as culture are feasting on tearing it down almost on all fronts. All in the name of good, of course.

Inevitable sure, but sad nonetheless.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-18-2021 10:53 PM

I was sorta kidding... you take things way too seriously... You're boring.

Rdkopper 12-18-2021 11:08 PM

I haven't been on in a few days so maybe I missed some deleted conversations but no one is calling anyone in the band a pedophile.

However Richie did kinda paint his own picture with dating younger girls...

When Richie started dating Orianthi, I head the question asked in several interviews "How young would you date?" and Richie's answer was, "as long as they are older then my daughter"... His daughter was 19 at that time so... I remember the person interviewing him (maybe it was Howard) say "that's fair enough"...

I honestly don't know what the big deal is. I get large age gaps aren't as common but it does happen. The dudes a rich rock star so good for him... my only gripe would be, if he was dating a much younger girl, he shouldn't flaunt it publicly... I felt when he was with Oranthi, he kinda paraded her around like she was a trophy girl. Like it was 1988 again and that was him a Cher.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1276856)
I was sorta kidding... you take things way too seriously... You're boring.

Sorta kidding? Right. I'd rather be serious and boring than a LIBELOUS troll.

Food for thought:

You never know who's reading what you write on here.

Peru's defamation laws:

Defamation
Defamation is defined as the action of publicly attributing and disseminating a fact, quality or conduct to another person that may damage his or her honor or reputation.542

Defamation is punishable by a maximum of two years imprisonment and a fine of 30 to 120 penalty-days.543 If defamation is “calumnious,” meaning that it falsely attributes a felony to someone else, the penalty is between one to two years of imprisonment and 90 to 120 penalty-days. If defamation is committed using a publicly available source or media (i.e., through a book, the press or other social media), the penalty ranges between one to three years of imprisonment and 120 to 365 penalty-days.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-18-2021 11:35 PM

Now... this is funny! >_< jajaja...

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1276858)
I haven't been on in a few days so maybe I missed some deleted conversations but no one is calling anyone in the band a pedophile.

However Richie did kinda paint his own picture with dating younger girls...

When Richie started dating Orianthi, I head the question asked in several interviews "How young would you date?" and Richie's answer was, "as long as they are older then my daughter"... His daughter was 19 at that time so... I remember the person interviewing him (maybe it was Howard) say "that's fair enough"...

I honestly don't know what the big deal is. I get large age gaps aren't as common but it does happen. The dudes a rich rock star so good for him... my only gripe would be, if he was dating a much younger girl, he shouldn't flaunt it publicly... I felt when he was with Oranthi, he kinda paraded her around like she was a trophy girl. Like it was 1988 again and that was him a Cher.

And it continues....
But that's EXACTLY what she called him and JON and here you are posting it again.
For the record, in the interview you spoke of which was with Howard Stern, he said 10 years older. Not that it matters because apparently it's okay when all these celebs do it but just not Richie.
Orianthi was and is a woman not a "girl". See the difference? If not Google is your friend.
He didn't parade her around either. They were doing shows.
You guys just don't like the guy because he left Jon almighty...we all get it but you don't need to make false libelous accusations.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1276860)
Now... this is funny! >_< jajaja...

Keep laughing.

rolo_tomachi 12-19-2021 12:37 AM

JoviCrush has a valid point, but we must stop this discussion as well. Come on guys, let's move on with a little more optimism.

Rdkopper 12-19-2021 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276861)
And it continues....

But that's EXACTLY what she called him and JON and here you are posting it again.

For the record, in the interview you spoke of which was with Howard Stern, he said 10 years older. Not that it matters because apparently it's okay when all these celebs do it but just not Richie.

Orianthi was and is a woman not a "girl". See the difference? If not Google is your friend.

He didn't parade her around either. They were doing shows.

You guys just don't like the guy because he left Jon almighty...we all get it but you don't need to make false libelous accusations.

Breathe.

Richie is a public figure and someone posted an Instagram pic with him a 4 young girls with no real explanation besides "Thanks for having us, you're such an inspiration"

The girls are young and dressed a little provocatively... Richie is wearing a top hat, leppard jacket and jeans that an 18 year old would wear...

So yeah, it's going to spark conversation. Welcome to a social media world. People bashed President Trump for 4 years calling him every name in the book, yet that was okay... Now you have a bent hard on because someone called out Richie...

We all know Richie isn't breaking any laws so clam down.

I think most people aren't disappointed with Richie's decisions in leaving Jon... But I think we had higher expectations with what he was going to do in the future.

I anticipated more of an Eric Clapton, George Harrison type of legendary artist, putting out some real classic bluesy music...

Instead, almost 10 years later, we got a clown and sloppy RSO garbage.