Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Myguitar 06-12-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138150)
And that's what I'm saying - this image of Jovi as a hard rock band was never what they were - it was just what was played at the time. They've changed their sound just slightly to reflect what's modern yet still distinctly sounding like Bon Jovi, its something their actually very, very good at.

I agree, and what I'm saying is that the end product today isn't that good because they are blending in with today's bland music, and we all know that they have the talent and the capability to stand above. Aerosmith is doing the same thing.

I'm just having a hoot ridiculing them for Lost Highway even 6 years after the fact because that was more than just blending in, that was a blatant attempt to be something else. I'm glad they had fun with it and they got over it.

crashed 06-12-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 1138152)
One could say that most of the hate for Lost Highway comes from its production. It's BJ sound peppered with fiddles and steel guitars that feel like they were added in post-production just to create an artificial nu-country sound. It's cheesy as hell!!!

I think that some of their songs that have a natural country sound are far better, only because they are slightly more honest I guess. I mentioned "Little City" as an example earlier.

And on that I agree. John Shanks needs to be given the boot. I really can't see Jon sitting listening to the latest songs on the pop charts, but I can see Shanks doing it (after all it's his job) and that's where I think these influences come from.

StoneDeaf 06-12-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138150)
They've changed their sound just slightly to reflect what's modern yet still distinctly sounding like Bon Jovi, its something their actually very, very good at.

It's a matter of opinion. To me they don't sound like Bon Jovi, anymore. Not on albums and not live. They sound like bastard son of Nasville record executive.

crashed 06-12-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1138156)
It's a matter of opinion. To me they don't sound like Bon Jovi, anymore. Not on albums and not live. They sound like bastard son of Nasville record executive.

And there you go with Nashville again - when nothing sounds country at all really. But it is all opinion (and by the way, lost highway's my least favourite album too - I may even prefer This Left Feels Right over it and thats saying something) so if I thought they were still going country or even attempting to be, I'd have stopped listening years ago.

Myguitar 06-12-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138155)
John Shanks needs to be given the boot.

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I felt compelled to mention that I am sitting in my office and eating leftover lamb shanks right now.

crashed 06-12-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 1138159)
Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I felt compelled to mention that I am sitting in my office and eating leftover lamb shanks right now.

Can't you eat John Shanks instead? in this instance, I'd fully support cannabalism.

Myguitar 06-12-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138160)
Can't you eat John Shanks instead? in this instance, I'd fully support cannabalism.

Sorry, I don't eat junk food. :)

StoneDeaf 06-12-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138157)
And there you go with Nashville again - when nothing sounds country at all really.

Composition-wise, sure, things ain't all country. Sound-wise, a lot more so. Admit it or not, today's BJ has a Nashville sound & production. "Nashville" isn't just country melodies, it's about sound in general. Just like grunge era brought us definition of "Seattle sound."

Chris_Newton 06-12-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1138038)
Sorry, I've been so busy watching videos of the recent shows on YouTube.

And subsequently crying my eyes out trying to pretend it's not happening.

I'm watching two guys who aren't "in" Bon Jovi trading guitar solos, and a bloke on lead vocals who is hitting more wrong notes than right ones.

Watching Dave (who still looks like he's having a ball!) and Tico has become the highlight. Sad times.

If you want to watch something tragic, you might struggle to find something worse than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOikPPoOXg8
Yes, I know it's a non-album track etc. And probably no worse than most versions of WGIGO.

Well i was at an ACTUAL show in Manchester, and it was superb. Are you seeing them live?

Lisa71 06-12-2013 09:12 PM

apologizes if this has been posted but Phil x has changed his profile information on Twitter. He thinks that Rcihie is coming back too.

@TheRealPhilX
bio/detailed discography on philx.tv right now i'm playing guitar & touring the world with BON F#ŠKING JOVI. .... of course, only until RS comes back