Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-12-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138148)
Have you even heard Love's The Only Rule? It goes back far more to their 80's roots than any other recent song they've done.

I adore that song.... Just sayin' :D

ticos_stick 06-12-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1138173)
@TheRealPhilX
bio/detailed discography on philx.tv right now i'm playing guitar & touring the world with BON F#ŠKING JOVI. .... of course, only until RS comes back

He's such a tease. LOL, just saying, yolo :bday:

Captain_jovi 06-12-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1138163)
Composition-wise, sure, things ain't all country. Sound-wise, a lot more so. Admit it or not, today's BJ has a Nashville sound & production. "Nashville" isn't just country melodies, it's about sound in general. Just like grunge era brought us definition of "Seattle sound."

I still really disagree. The drums are far too "big" to be Nashville on the last two records. These Days was recorded IN Nashville and we wouldn't call it that. It's the same Bon Jovi just way lazier. I dno, I really don't hear it.

Slakk 06-12-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1138134)
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I find "Lost Highway" one of the most heartfelt albums since "These Days". Obviously doing the duets is also a business-oriented decision, but I don't see where the big deal is. They wrote the songs and then had a couple other artists featured in them. It's still their songs. After that, Bon Jovi collaborated with some of these artists on their own albums as well.
Also, the genre might have been a big thing then, but if anything it was Bon Jovi bringing those names to worldwide fame, not the opposite.

I honestly don't get what the big deal is. It's always been like this. Even the very first few albums, they said it's glam rock because glam rock is what was popular at the time and it would just come natural to them to play such music. Does that make the albums from the '80s any less good or any less heartfelt or any less Bon Jovi? I don't think so.

Lost Highway is my second favorite album to These Days and I don't find it country at all. I think many of them are timeless like those on TD.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-13-2013 12:43 AM

Everyone should read the 'Richie Sambora Fans' page on Facebook. Absolutely embarrassing.

crashed 06-13-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1138280)
Everyone should read the 'Richie Sambora Fans' page on Facebook. Absolutely embarrassing.

nah, i can do without throwing up my mouth.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-13-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1138281)
nah, i can do without throwing up my mouth.

Erik and I tried to be respectful and show them why throwing insult after insult to Jon and not having a bad word said about Richie is wrong. Apparently, we're not 'true fans'.

jovifan93 06-13-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1138098)
Was that supposed to be funny?

It was just a word joke because he said you couldn't put the two of them in one sentence.. Of course I know what he meant, but I found it funny nevertheless :-D Need a little cheering up in this whole mess ;-)

crashed 06-13-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1138283)
Erik and I tried to be respectful and show them why throwing insult after insult to Jon and not having a bad word said about Richie is wrong. Apparently, we're not 'true fans'.

lol been there, done that. Seems okay to say what they like about JBJ because Richie of course is an angel fallen from heaven and of course hes not shown up for work but that's ok because obviously his adoring fans love him unconditionally and whatever he's doing must of course be satan Jon's fault.

jessycardy 06-13-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1138285)
It was just a word joke because he said you couldn't put the two of them in one sentence.. Of course I know what he meant, but I found it funny nevertheless :-D Need a little cheering up in this whole mess ;-)

Yeah, you're right... You can't really tell one's intentions with certain posts and I assumed the worst. Sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1138283)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make sure NOT to go there, or I'll end up getting banned from Facebook without a doubt. I don't want that and I don't need to read their bullshit. But you guys are heroes for doing what you're doing, seriously.