Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official July 15, 2008~MSG, New York PBP Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46026)

bjmjpl 07-17-2008 05:00 AM

JERSEY PAUL!!!

Well said!

Neurotica80 07-17-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Paul (Post 866362)
It is very interesting to read everyone's reactions to last night, the last exit on the Lost Highway tour. Yes Monday night was better but for me every concert I have attended has been a religious experience. Some nights were better than others but every night gave me two + hours of great music and left me wired with the music running through my head and my brain refusing to let go and go to sleep. We are quite fortunate to have such a great band to enjoy, criticize, and once again enjoy, and to have such a knowledgeable group of fans who participate. All I can say now that it's over is.... here's to the next gig.

Glad you enjoyed it Paul. You speak sense as always, they hit new heights on this tour for me, so its difficult not to critizite when they don't live upto expectation. However, whatever the setlists it seems NYC got 3 great shows in a week perforamce wise anyway.

Heres to next time :D

Crushgen24/88 07-17-2008 08:37 AM

I meant to ask before, were there any audibles last night, that we know of?
Besides Always.

Grypweed 07-17-2008 08:43 AM

Blaze and Last Night were audibles, and there was one more which people thought was Roses, but since Runaway replaced Always, I reckon it was Runaway (unless somebody saw/gotta better pic of the setlist?). Always was on the setlist though, not an audible.

UKjovi 07-17-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 866353)
Well, you know what I'm going to say......lol!! I, like Kathleen, was surprised, we got any different songs. I liked the first show better for the set list but I liked the second show better for the view, as I was front row!! Yea, the encore could have been better but honestly 99 shows for a tour that was supposed to never happen.....I'm okay with the end and my 35 shows on the tour. :D

deb

Nope no idea what your going to say :p

Magoo 07-17-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 866395)
Besides Always.

The audibles were The Last Night, Blaze of Glory, Bed of Roses.

Runaway wasn't listed but replaced Always.

lovemetodeath 07-17-2008 01:34 PM

a bit sad the tour is over, i hate this time when everything is quiet and no idea what is happening next, but i'm sre in a couple of months there will be things starting to creep into the news sections again

first night of MSG looked amazing, think i would have been dissapointed with the final night setlist too

Overall i feel lucky i went to manchester and got such a great show there with so many rarities, the band are definatly on a high at the moment and long let that continue

jerseygrl69 07-17-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 866395)
Besides Always.

Here is a photo of the setlist(yvonne posted it many pages back:D).

Always was listed in the encore.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...ghtsetlist.jpg

Missy

haveaniceday 07-19-2008 03:51 AM

I walked away very disappointed with that show. First, Glad All Over sucked to open the show. Why does Bon Jovi need to open with a cover song...seriously. The rest of the show was very 'by the book'. It felt rushed, like the band just wanted it over with. I was actually looking forward to Sleep b/c of the medley but we didn't even get that. Living in Sin, while a rarity, did not sound good at all...Jon didn't try very hard. Richie's solo at the end of IBTFY was short and bad. The encore was a big letdown. I thought the last show would have at least one encore with some rare songs in it. The last show on the HAND tour had a couple great encores. No Always, Hey God, These Days, nothing.

SAMBORAGUY 07-19-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday (Post 866968)
I walked away very disappointed with that show. First, Glad All Over sucked to open the show. Why does Bon Jovi need to open with a cover song...seriously. The rest of the show was very 'by the book'. It felt rushed, like the band just wanted it over with. I was actually looking forward to Sleep b/c of the medley but we didn't even get that. Living in Sin, while a rarity, did not sound good at all...Jon didn't try very hard. Richie's solo at the end of IBTFY was short and bad. The encore was a big letdown. I thought the last show would have at least one encore with some rare songs in it. The last show on the HAND tour had a couple great encores. No Always, Hey God, These Days, nothing.

That's exactly how I felt about the show,except for Living In Sin. I saw them when they played in Newark night 3 and this version at the garden was way better. Other then that I agree with you with everything else.Glad All Over bombed big time as the opener. Most fans were looking around like what the hell? I was also looking forward to SWID melody even the extended version of Saturday night which none of that happened. I gave up the chance of something special in the encore when there was no lyric sheet posted. Once runaway came on I was like "thats what we get in the final night?!" because I knew that after that it was gonna be Wanted and Prayer.