Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

steel_horse75 05-01-2013 01:06 PM

Yes the silence is deafening but maybe they just cant tell us anything. Maybe even JBJ dont know whats happening?

It would cost millions to pull a tour so for people asking why they dont pull it - theres your answer.

steel_horse75 05-01-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126148)
I don't agree. If Richie has said "Don't tell", what is Jon to do? Tell anyway? How would that go down? Matt has already said this is Richie's to tell. Therefore, I don't see what Jon can really do, even as the self appointed CEO.

Spot on. They have known each other for years. Over 3 decades. If Richie has asked Jon not to say anything then Jon has to respect that. Its annoying to us fans but what can you do??

rolo_tomachi 05-01-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peewee (Post 1126115)
I thought you were about to say "compare Cleveland Show with Family Guy".

the cleveland show
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1791/thecshow4.jpg

the san jose show
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9636/fajose.jpg

:D

Supersonic 05-01-2013 01:13 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

I don't agree. If Richie has said "Don't tell", what is Jon to do? Tell anyway? How would that go down? Matt has already said this is Richie's to tell. Therefore, I don't see what Jon can really do, even as the self appointed CEO.

How about saying something like "Richie has expressed the sheer desire for me not to say what it is, and we will therefore leave it up to him to speak up when he feels he is ready. The rumours you've heard are not true, we're still friends, and we wish him the best. I wish I could tell you more, but I honestly can't." as opposed to that dodgy statement on Ellen where he was just lying through his teeth.

Quote:

I think it's nonsense to think they are protecting ticket sales. Most people will go anyway. Like it or not, it's only the die hards that see Richie as integral to the band. Ticket sales won't be affected that much as long as Jon is there.

Ticket sales have come to a hault since pretty much March with quite a few shows still having over 20.000-30.000 tickets on sale. There's no way anyone's saying in the next 2 months "I'm going to buy a ticket for Bon Jovi" when they're aware not all members are there. Sure, some casuals won't care, but a huge part of Bon Jovi's fanbase knows Richie Sambora, even the casuals. It's defenitely to protect ticket sales, hence leaving everything as vague as possible. It's not about the tickets they've already sold, it's about the tickets they'd still like to sell.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DestinationJovi 05-01-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

The band's reliability and reputation is at stake because of this. Yes, Jon should offer more specifics -- health issues, family issues, etc. Richie has been tweeting about enjoying watching the Every Road cover videos for Christ's sake. While his band is playing and he's dealing with "personal issues"!

Quote:

I think it's nonsense to think they are protecting ticket sales. Most people will go anyway. Like it or not, it's only the die hards that see Richie as integral to the band. Ticket sales won't be affected that much as long as Jon is there.

Even if that was the case and they were delaying announcements to maximise sales, then why not string the Europeans along for a little bit longer? Doesn't make sense not to going by your logic.

The damage Jon would do himself and the band if it is to come out now that Richie has always been gone would be huge. Whatever sales he would be protecting would pale compared to the reputational loss, credibility loss and future sales he would lose amongst the die hards for being a liar.

Jon is a smart businessman. There is no way that this is to protect ticket sales.
You're delusional.

steel_horse75 05-01-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1126155)
Aloha !
How about saying something like "Richie has expressed the sheer desire for me not to say what it is, and we will therefore leave it up to him to speak up when he feels he is ready. The rumours you've heard are not true, we're still friends, and we wish him the best. I wish I could tell you more, but I honestly can't." as opposed to that dodgy statement on Ellen where he was just lying through his teeth.

It would be nice to hear something like that but as well as respecting RS maybe JBJ and the rest feel let down and hurt by it all They annouce a tour and then RS pulls out a few shows in. Id be annoyed no matter what he is going though.

Lisa71 05-01-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

It's ticket sales. By prolonging the real reason, we can still have some hope by saying his gone, we all know it's over. No one will buy tickets.

The sale for Australian tickets go on sale on the 20th May. We will see the effect then. The trouble is, the tickets could have been effected anyway due to the poor CD sales. How will we know,it's all purely Richie?

RonJovi 05-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Ticket sales have come to a hault since pretty much March with quite a few shows still having over 20.000-30.000 tickets on sale. There's no way anyone's saying in the next 2 months "I'm going to buy a ticket for Bon Jovi" when they're aware not all members are there. Sure, some casuals won't care, but a huge part of Bon Jovi's fanbase knows Richie Sambora, even the casuals. It's defenitely to protect ticket sales, hence leaving everything as vague as possible. It's not about the tickets they've already sold, it's about the tickets they'd still like to sell.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

To be fair, between what Jon said on Ellen and what Matt has tweeted, that's pretty much what they have said. If he's lying, he's taking a massive, massive risk.

By your logic on ticket sales, surely the people in Oz and Japan who are Richie fans will think "Well I want to see Bon Jovi with Richie and he's pulled out of two legs already and I've no clue when he is coming back. I'm gonna hold off until I know more because the tickets won't sell out anyway"?

There isn't always something sinister or cynical going on. Maybe the band just don't know when Richie will be back and can't say for definite. This is really Richie's place to clarify what's going on - not Jon's.

People assume the worst in a vacuum, I get that. But people are making all sorts of accusations on fairly flimsy evidence. Therefore, I really think Richie needs to issue a statement saying something meaningful.

afk 05-01-2013 01:37 PM

I really don't care who is supposed to let us know and who isn't. I just wanna know what the hell is going on...

The Rock 05-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afk (Post 1126163)
I really don't care who is supposed to let us know and who isn't. I just wanna know what the hell is going on...

I don't care now about what is going on. I just want to know when he will come back. Even if he comes back and doesn't say anything, that will be fine for me. I will be angry but at least I know his in the band still.

For what it's worth, I think he actually can't come back for any of the shows now. Imagine him out for the second leg of US, now SA and Europe. Could you imagine the reaction of the fans where he didn't play. Say he comes back for the next leg of the US tours. Would the fans be OK with him because at least his back or would you be pissed because he wasn't at your shows?

Walleris 05-01-2013 01:42 PM

Well done Richie!

You just said "**** you" to the only fans who bought your new solo album that meant much to you, that sold over your solo tour (in the pre-sale!) and were singing every single song of yours so loud, and made you said on twitter how you've "never ever had so much fun on stage your whole career". And then you have the curtesy of going to twitter and posting how you were watching our Every Road covers and they almost made you cry? Well done.

And also, well done by people on this board, who still continue to blame the whole situation on Jon's alleged "arrogant ass". "What a greedy prick Jon Bon is!!!" Indeed:rolleyes:

jovigirloz 05-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126162)

By your logic on ticket sales, surely the people in Oz and Japan who are Richie fans will think "Well I want to see Bon Jovi with Richie and he's pulled out of two legs already and I've no clue when he is coming back. I'm gonna hold off until I know more because the tickets won't sell out anyway"?

that's exactly what I am doing. For the first time in my life, I am not excited about a Bon Jovi tour. Will wait for last minute tickets ad if I miss out I am not bothered.

RonJovi 05-01-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1126166)
that's exactly what I am doing. For the first time in my life, I am not excited about a Bon Jovi tour. Will wait for last minute tickets ad if I miss out I am not bothered.

Can't blame you for that to be honest. If this was going on when I bought my Slane ticket, I'd have held off. Richie is a massive part of the band for me and it's a huge disappointment he won't be there.

I'm not excited at all about seeing Bon Jovi this time around. I probably will be excited on the day because I get to get pissed in a field and listen to some songs I love but I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

jbjhand 05-01-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

How about saying something like "Richie has expressed the sheer desire for me not to say what it is, and we will therefore leave it up to him to speak up when he feels he is ready. The rumours you've heard are not true, we're still friends, and we wish him the best. I wish I could tell you more, but I honestly can't." as opposed to that dodgy statement on Ellen

THIS.

They have been very cautious and deliberate in the language they have used.

‘Personal matter’ does not exclude a personal falling out between Jon and Richie. No one could, under those circumstances, be able to call Jon or anyone else a liar.

The prolonged lack of any meaningful statement continues to make me think there is something personal between them.

Beaky 05-01-2013 02:07 PM

The way things have been said, have not helped. 'No, I've not spoken with him,' 2 weeks after he left the tour... that sticks with me.

If, God forbid, Richie had cancer or something, surely THIS is the point that Jon's over-active imagination would have come to the fore and even if he hadn't spoken with Richie, he would have lied about it. He knows the press, he knows the game, and he knew very well that by saying 'No, I've not spoken with him,' it shatters the whole 'brotherhood' story that he has worked tirelessly to create.

He was almost asking people to read between the lines.

BJ?YesPlease 05-01-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126162)
There isn't always something sinister or cynical going on. Maybe the band just don't know when Richie will be back and can't say for definite. This is really Richie's place to clarify what's going on - not Jon's.

I disagree. I generally hate conspiracy theory stuff, but please don't confuse that with what some of us are saying - our point is the communication and PR has been appalling and there's no justification for it. You can still keep things private and give people an idea of where they stand without revealing all the intimate details. And Jon is the employer. And I find it more believable that RS isn't allowed legally to say anything than Jon's not in a position to do so. Sorry. But ultimately, we're all just taking shots in the dark. Which is exactly what should've been avoided.

rolo_tomachi 05-01-2013 02:12 PM

If you believe in magic, Jon & Richie are important for a great BJ Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVsCK_4KGwQ#t=03m32s

BJ?YesPlease 05-01-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1126165)
Well done Richie!

You just said "**** you" to the only fans who bought your new solo album that meant much to you, that sold over your solo tour (in the pre-sale!) and were singing every single song of yours so loud, and made you said on twitter how you've "never ever had so much fun on stage your whole career". And then you have the curtesy of going to twitter and posting how you were watching our Every Road covers and they almost made you cry? Well done.

And also, well done by people on this board, who still continue to blame the whole situation on Jon's alleged "arrogant ass". "What a greedy prick Jon Bon is!!!" Indeed:rolleyes:

You're SURE Richie has done that? Maybe he's been told he can't legally talk about the BJ situation until contracts/legalities have been finalised? Maybe his own work, on a different label, is excluded and he's dying to say SOMETHING?
The last thing Richie is gonna do, is deliberately go out of his way to say "*** you" to the fans.
I was at the UK Aftermath date. He was emotional about how much people being there meant to him.
I'm not say it's all about money with Jon. I doubt it. He just doesn't want to stop his rollercoaster and admit there are issues - and think's he's doing the right thing, I'm sure.
But if he had any touch with reality he'd know their approach is shocking.

RonJovi 05-01-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1126171)
I disagree. I generally hate conspiracy theory stuff, but please don't confuse that with what some of us are saying - our point is the communication and PR has been appalling and there's no justification for it. You can still keep things private and give people an idea of where they stand without revealing all the intimate details. And Jon is the employer. And I find it more believable that RS isn't allowed legally to say anything than Jon's not in a position to do so. Sorry. But ultimately, we're all just taking shots in the dark. Which is exactly what should've been avoided.

I agree with you on the PR. It has been awful. That said, I believe that people are taking shots at the wrong guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand
‘Personal matter’ does not exclude a personal falling out between Jon and Richie. No one could, under those circumstances, be able to call Jon or anyone else a liar.

I would call Jon a liar in that case. He's responsible for Matt. Whether he reads what Matt has tweeted personally or not - he is responsible for what Matt puts out there. Matt has explicitly said that "there is no fight". With the Ellen appearance, Jon has also given the impression that this is something personal to Richie that has nothing to do with the band. If that proves not to be the case, the Bon Jovi organisation and Jon are liars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky
The way things have been said, have not helped. 'No, I've not spoken with him,' 2 weeks after he left the tour... that sticks with me.

If, God forbid, Richie had cancer or something, surely THIS is the point that Jon's over-active imagination would have come to the fore and even if he hadn't spoken with Richie, he would have lied about it. He knows the press, he knows the game, and he knew very well that by saying 'No, I've not spoken with him,' it shatters the whole 'brotherhood' story that he has worked tirelessly to create.

He was almost asking people to read between the lines.

That's stuck with me too. If Richie was ill himself, Jon would be a major prick not to have gotten in touch over a two week period.

Javier 05-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126154)

Bobby as Meg!?!?!?! Spot on casting!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jbjhand 05-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126174)
I would call Jon a liar in that case. He's responsible for Matt. Whether he reads what Matt has tweeted personally or not - he is responsible for what Matt puts out there. Matt has explicitly said that "there is no fight". With the Ellen appearance, Jon has also given the impression that this is something personal to Richie that has nothing to do with the band. If that proves not to be the case, the Bon Jovi organisation and Jon are liars.

It’s ambiguous enough to make the majority believe all is ok between them, which is what I believe the intention has been from the start. It would be deceptive but I wouldn’t call it an outright lie.

The aim of the statements has been to try and placate us all, its not worked for most of us on here.

But the vast majority that watched the Ellen interview wouldn’t have given what Jon said a second thought. In that sense the statements and sticking to that specific language has achieved the aim, without telling a flat out lie. (in the scenario we are speculating on)

RonJovi 05-01-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126177)
It’s ambiguous enough to make the majority believe all is ok between them, which is what I believe the intention has been from the start. It would be deceptive but I wouldn’t call it an outright lie.

The aim of the statements has been to try and placate us all, its not worked for most of us on here.

But the vast majority that watched the Ellen interview wouldn’t have given what Jon said a second thought. In that sense the statements and sticking to that specific language has achieved the aim, without telling a flat out lie. (in the scenario we are speculating on)

I see your point to be fair.

But Jon would struggle to sell to me that he hasn't lied in that case. Also, Matt was very definite that there was no fight.

I read on another message board where a user said that he read that Bon Jovi tried to cancel the tour but were threatened by promoters with legal action.

I don't believe that they did try to cancel it but if they did, would they be wide open to legal cases from promoters?

Robd788 05-01-2013 02:34 PM

I cant see it being a serious health isssue. If my best friend had a serious illness I would be on the phone or visiting as often as I could.

WillRunForChocolate 05-01-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126116)
Just coz I'm bored...someone mentioned the "Because We Can't" tour yesterday. This could be the anthem maybe:

Because We Can't

I don't wanna play another gig with Sambora
Stubborn as a rock, that’s why I don’t have a band (that's right)
I wanna be the one you pay to when you buy a ticket
I ain't a team player and I’d play the desert sand (but I can’t)

He's in the kitchen drinkin himself stupid
So tired of takin, my autocratic shite,
Right now he's takin' those breakfast painkillers
When he chugs down the pints
But lately feelin' like a backing singer
In the shadows starin' at my ass
There's only one thing in this world that he'd know
He said ‘no more’ and he has to let you down

Empty stadiums, everywhere that we go,
No Sambora, he’s downing loads of wine
Turn down the sound and we’ll go somewhere smaller
And we’ll pretend everything is alright

I ain't a team player and I’d play the desert sand
But we can’t, new songs can’t sell those tickets
(We can’t) If you believe in we
(We can’t) then you just don’t know me
We can’t, we can’t

[Piss poor excuse for a solo]

I don't wanna play another gig with Sambora (I don't wanna play)
(I am a, I am a, I am a...)
Because we can’t

I don't wanna play another gig with Sambora (I don't wanna play)
I ain't a team player and I’d play the desert sand
But we can’t (because we can’t)
New songs won’t sell those tickets
(We can’t) If you believe in we
(We can’t) then you just don’t know me
We can’t, we can’t

Now here is an example of creative genius. Perhaps it's time for the song-writing team of Bon Jovi, Sambora & RonJovi. It has a certain ring to it...

My favorite part was "piss poor excuse for a solo". I think something similar each time I hear that song.

Thanks for a dose of humor in the midst of this mess!

jbjhand 05-01-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1126182)
My favorite part was "piss poor excuse for a solo".

Mine too :)

First time i heard it i thought Jon had taken Richie down the vets!

Robd788 05-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1126182)
Now here is an example of creative genius. Perhaps it's time for the song-writing team of Bon Jovi, Sambora & RonJovi. It has a certain ring to it...

My favorite part was "piss poor excuse for a solo". I think something similar each time I hear that song.

Thanks for a dose of humor in the midst of this mess!

Oh definitely, thats just what they need!!! it would be the most sarcastic, fun record. Much better than what they churn out at present

megan3110 05-01-2013 02:41 PM

I dont know if this has already been posted (too many pages to search through) but a statement on BSWJBJ yesterday for those that wont have seen it :(

All Shows Will Go On As Scheduled

Due to a personal matter, Richie Sambora will not be performing on the European and South African leg of the tour. All shows will go on as scheduled.

Think this could be the end of the band we love :(

RonJovi 05-01-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126183)
Mine too :)

First time i heard it i thought Jon had taken Richie down the vets!

Haha find it hard to believe that any self respecting guitarist would have had any input into that solo. I don't mind the song for what it is but **** me, I know nothing about playing, that mess sounds like something off a 1980s Japanese cartoon.

WillRunForChocolate 05-01-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

There's no way anyone's saying in the next 2 months "I'm going to buy a ticket for Bon Jovi" when they're aware not all members are there. Sure, some casuals won't care, but a huge part of Bon Jovi's fanbase knows Richie Sambora, even the casuals. It's defenitely to protect ticket sales, hence leaving everything as vague as possible. It's not about the tickets they've already sold, it's about the tickets they'd still like to sell.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I will preface my comment with: #1 it is early and I haven't had my first cup of coffee; and #2 I'm SCARED to disagree with Seb, but here goes anyway...

I would definitely buy tickets for a concert without Richie. I'm a big fan of his, and I've been a Jovi fan since the 80's, but it is possible to have a good experience without Richie. I've done it twice now - in Kansas City and Des Moines. No, it is not the same as when the entire band is intact. But I had a great time both nights and would pay to see them again in a heartbeat.

I would think that a more casual fan would have even less reservation to part with their money. And, though the thought is completely foreign to us, many casual fans don't have any clue about this Richie drama!

Ok, please be kind :)

MrNickel 05-01-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megan3110 (Post 1126185)
I dont know if this has already been posted (too many pages to search through) but a statement on BSWJBJ yesterday for those that wont have seen it :(

All Shows Will Go On As Scheduled

Due to a personal matter, Richie Sambora will not be performing on the European and South African leg of the tour. All shows will go on as scheduled.

Think this could be the end of the band we love :(

Yeah we heard, this place went into meltdown yesterday. :mad:

MrNickel 05-01-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1119086)
This is messed up.

Thats a quote from the first page of this thread. Fits perfectly still.

Solid Sambora 05-01-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1126099)
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but to say "yeah Im gonna boo JBJ" or "Theyre shit" is childish.

The booing would be deserved. Not because I think Jon's a dick or because I blame him for this situation, but because the fans have been treated shoddily. If you've already paid for your tickets, you are very limited in how you can protest this. It's not childish if done for the right reason.
Some kind of public display during the show, while probably unrealistic to organise on a big scale, would give the fans a way of venting that frustration. I wouldn't personally go with booing. I'd have everyone turn their back on the stage during Wanted. A symbolic gesture, just saying "we're here, but don't take us for granted."

Bill23 05-01-2013 03:05 PM

Apparently Axl was not only singing about GnR-

"Once there was this rock n' roll band rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke
We just needed more and more fulfilling- Uh-huh
Time went by and it all went up in smoke
But check it out"

Guns- 'Pretty Tied Up'

crashed 05-01-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1126192)
The booing would be deserved. Not because I think Jon's a dick or because I blame him for this situation, but because the fans have been treated shoddily. If you've already paid for your tickets, you are very limited in how you can protest this. It's not childish if done for the right reason.
Some kind of public display during the show, while probably unrealistic to organise on a big scale, would give the fans a way of venting that frustration. I wouldn't personally go with booing. I'd have everyone turn their back on the stage during Wanted. A symbolic gesture, just saying "we're here, but don't take us for granted."

I still don't see why booing or protesting at a show would make a difference, other than to annoy other people who've also paid for their ticket.

This is Richie's matter - Richie's decision - Richie to tell us what's going on, protesting at a show where he's not even going to be there is just a bit dumb.

Also, I'd rather enjoy every minute of the show as it is than waste it on some futile gesture.

MrNickel 05-01-2013 03:10 PM

I'm sorry but I had to laugh Jon's stink eye here. Dunno what it was about or whether he just had to crack a fart but it was priceless.

http://youtu.be/fEZu0Qg0Y94?t=2m15s

Thierry 05-01-2013 03:10 PM

I still don't see the problem, it's awesome that they tour with Phil X, who is an amazing player than with a burned out guitar player. Phil X might be just what they need this tour to spice it all up and make it interesting again.

I see a lot of rare songs on the horizon, they have the time to do proper rehearsals now.

schlochty 05-01-2013 03:12 PM

This must be a joke surely:

http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/summer-concert-series/

The RIR All Star Band - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Join Us August 19, 2013 The Rockers In Recovery All Star Band and Special Guest Richie Sambora - Venue: The Nokia Theater 777 Chick Hearn Ct Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 763-6030. Stay Tuned For More Special Guests To Be Announced. http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/

Rockers In Recovery Band includes Mark Stein, Liberty Devitto, Christine Ohlman, Ricky Byrd, Kasim Sulton, and Richie Supa. "These guys are legendary,". Individual band members have performed or recorded with the likes of Aerosmith, Billy Joel, SNL Live Band, Todd Rundgren, Joan Jett, Vanilla Fudge, Richie Samboura and more.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-01-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1126197)
This must be a joke surely:

http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/summer-concert-series/

The RIR All Star Band - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Join Us August 19, 2013 The Rockers In Recovery All Star Band and Special Guest Richie Sambora - Venue: The Nokia Theater 777 Chick Hearn Ct Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 763-6030. Stay Tuned For More Special Guests To Be Announced. http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/

Rockers In Recovery Band includes Mark Stein, Liberty Devitto, Christine Ohlman, Ricky Byrd, Kasim Sulton, and Richie Supa. "These guys are legendary,". Individual band members have performed or recorded with the likes of Aerosmith, Billy Joel, SNL Live Band, Todd Rundgren, Joan Jett, Vanilla Fudge, Richie Samboura and more.

Hmmm... Well, it's clear that Richie can't be that sick/depressed/whatever if he's still looking to play and jam. He just doesn't appear to want to play in Bon Jovi :/

Andi

RonJovi 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1126198)
Hmmm... Well, it's clear that Richie can't be that sick/depressed/whatever if he's still looking to play and jam. He just doesn't appear to want to play in Bon Jovi :/

Andi

Okay, keeping my eternal optimist hat on...Christ I should head to the Backstage message board!!

This was announced on April 1st which was two days before Richie decided he wouldn't make the WAN tour. As Jon says he only found out on that day (3rd April), this may not be conclusive proof that Richie just has a problem with Bon Jovi.

Jesus Richie, just tell us what's going on. My glass is still half full but I'm starting to think it's half full of piss.

TheseDaysEra 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

dunno if this has been posted before:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/ric...-shows_3637631

A statement posted on the Bon Jovi website on Tuesday (30Apr13) reads, "Due to a personal matter, Richie Sambora will not be performing on the European and South African leg of the tour. All shows will go on as scheduled."

perhaps you guys posted before but I may have missed it so sorry in advance.. so that's it. I'm not going to the Lisbon gig. I'll save the money. worst tour EVER.