Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1140196)
Well, lets narrow it down. Last nights show, I'd give Phil 8/10. Richie gets 0/10.

That's a borderline retarded point.

Solid Sambora 06-18-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140200)

No it's not. His argument is that Bon Jovi are nothing without Richie. My argument is that they're managing alright without him. I've broken it down in a way that shows my point in an effective, if crude, way. I did it like this as I believe a blunt, base comment may have more of an effect in this argument than something like, I don't know, reason.

And while we're at it, show a little class and express yourself in a more positive way than using a word such as 'retarded'. Disgusting.

Becky 06-18-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1140197)
However, when you repeatedly insist that these statements attributed to Richie don't make sense "because RICHIE is the one who walked," the one thing you seem determined to ignore is that it may have been the attitude that Jon could do it all by himself (i.e., HE is Bon Jovi and Richie, Tico and David are just the backup band) that caused Richie to walk out. IF that were the case (and I'm not saying that it is) then Richie's comments would make sense and would not indicate that there is a mental problem.

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense. IF Jon were so bad to work for, why didn't Richie (AND Dave and Tico and Hugh and Bobby) walk years ago? Why wait until three hours before a show? The fact is Jon has had the same band and the same wife for 30 years. His ego can't be so unbearable if people are this loyal to him. He doesn't have a prenup so Dorothea could walk and take half of everything he owns. The band are financially secure and artistically capable of doing their own thing, but they keep coming back to the band. Jon simply can't be the monster that some of you make him out to be. If he was, then every person in his life would have to be a codependent imbecile to stick with him for decades at a time. His wife, his band, his employees... they all come back for more.

Solid Sambora 06-18-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1140210)
Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense. IF Jon were so bad to work for, why didn't Richie (AND Dave and Tico and Hugh and Bobby) walk years ago? Why wait until three hours before a show? The fact is Jon has had the same band and the same wife for 30 years. His ego can't be so unbearable if people are this loyal to him. He doesn't have a prenup so Dorothea could walk and take half of everything he owns. The band are financially secure and artistically capable of doing their own thing, but they keep coming back to the band. Jon simply can't be the monster that some of you make him out to be. If he was, then every person in his life would have to be a codependent imbecile to stick with him for decades at a time. His wife, his band, his employees... they all come back for more.

It's funny, people try to reign it in when others are having a go at Richie, they try to be impartial by suggesting that it could be Jon blah blah, when there is absolutely zero evidence to suggest Jon is at fault. The line "we just don't know" gets banded about a lot, but the little we do know does not implicate Jon!

TwinFan 06-18-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140200)

Not really. At this present point in time, Richie is not performing his job. Phil is doing a great job philling in.

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1140209)

And while we're at it, show a little class and express yourself in a more positive way than using a word such as 'retarded'. Disgusting.

Just the kind of reaction I expected from a po faced Jon fanboy.

TwinFan 06-18-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1140210)

http://cultureslurp.com/wp-content/u...ike-Button.jpg

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1140215)
Phil is doing a great job philling in.

That was a retarded pun.

Solid Sambora 06-18-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140216)
Just the kind of reaction I expected from a po faced Jon fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l58NESfWDmQ

Ha, yeah sure. Throw out another "insult" when someone calls you out on your scummy behaviour. There's nowt po faced about being a decent human.

jessycardy 06-18-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140216)

I don't know what your point was, but the radio edit of this song is titled "Let's Get It Started" for a reason, I think.