Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 06-18-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1140280)
I think you're missing the point here. Richie IS NOT BEING Bon Jovi's guitarist right now! I'd love to see him back too, but that doesn't mean I'll do what you're doing and trash Phil X. He is a great guitarist. Does he fit into Bon Jovi as seamlessly as Sambora? No, but he's growing into it, and with each passing night is pulling off a more and more accomplished performance. You sir, need to remove the blinkers and realise that Phil X is saving the day right now and cut the guy some slack.

And I don't get why you keep banging on about his songwriting? I don't go to shows to watch someone sit with a pen and some paper. He may have helped write some great songs, but he isn't bloody there to play them.

I would be happy to see a show jon bon jovi solo with Phil, but not one of Bon Jovi.

For me, Bon Jovi are the union of Jon and Richie. They have something special like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Plant and Page, Mccartney and Lennon.

It's a shame that most fans only follow THE MAN.

Phil X has no guitar solos as Dry County, Nex 100 years, never has composed and written songs like Stranger in this town or Seven Years Gone. It all counts.

Solid Sambora 06-18-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140277)
Haha, the irony.

I said your point was borderline retarded, not that you were. Untwist those knickers.

Irony? Where? You're not one of these ones who pretends to know what irony is when you have no clue?

I know what you said. My problem is your use of the word full stop, not that I thought you were calling me anything. You obviously think you're big and clever, obviously thought it was funny and undoubtedly sniggered away when you used it again in replying to Twinfan. Trying to mark yourself out as funny, edgy, controversial. All you've really marked yourself as is a scumbag with a very loose sense of decency.

rolo_tomachi 06-18-2013 11:46 AM

Phil can play the guitar very well in "born to be my baby" and classic songs by "AC / DC" or "Led Zeppelin", but that does not make big.

StoneDeaf 06-18-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1140285)
For me, Bon Jovi are the union of Jon and Richie. They have something special like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Plant and Page, Mccartney and Lennon.

Sure, it is about Jon & Rich. But they are not anywhere near others mentioned. Those others are more or less equal partners. While in BJ camp its like JON & rich.

Solid Sambora 06-18-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1140285)
I would be happy to see a show jon bon jovi solo with Phil, but not one of Bon Jovi.

It's a shame that most fans only follow THE MAN.

Phil X has no guitar solos as Dry County, Nex 100 years, never has composed and written songs like Stranger in this town or Seven Years Gone. It all counts.

Yeah but on here most fans follow THE BAND. Right now the band is minus Richie, for whatever reason. I'm a big fan of the Jon/Richie magic, but it isn't available right now. So I'm making the most of what is there and frankly had my eyes opened to Phil's talents. It doesn't matter that he didn't write the songs, he plays them great. Richie may have that extra emotional attachment to some songs, but its mood-dependant whether he shows that or runs through it on auto-pilot. Phil is doing what he can to knock it out the park each night. It's refreshing to see someone take these great songs and have so much fun with them. If you can be honest, you can't always guarantee Richie's performance.

rolo_tomachi 06-18-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1140289)
Sure, it is about Jon & Rich. But they are not anywhere near others mentioned. Those others are more or less equal partners. While in BJ camp its like JON & rich.

Richie is co-writter, Jon has always referred to him as his right hand. Remember the Jon and Richie acoustic hand to hand without the band, is pure magic and feeling.

If Jon says Richie is replaceable, which is easy to replace, my God, think of Tico? (not even play his drums on last record), and David? (not even happy with the vision of Jon).

I can't see something similar in Phil X, not now, not in the future. He's better than Bobby, but nothing more.

crobb991 06-18-2013 12:39 PM

richie took a massive s**t with his clothes on when he decided to just disappear off the tour... it can be any deep personal problem if he's f**king great and teaching his daughter to drive...

right now i cant be bothered if he comes back... after seeing phil in slane and manchester i say carry on without him

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1140287)
Irony? Where? You're not one of these ones who pretends to know what irony is when you have no clue?

I know what you said. My problem is your use of the word full stop, not that I thought you were calling me anything. You obviously think you're big and clever, obviously thought it was funny and undoubtedly sniggered away when you used it again in replying to Twinfan. Trying to mark yourself out as funny, edgy, controversial. All you've really marked yourself as is a scumbag with a very loose sense of decency.

You said you weren't po face then went on to say said you were a decent person, which is a po faced thing to say, that's the irony.

Calling me a scumbag for using a word you don't like says more about your decency than it does mine.

I bet you're a Daily Mail reader.

Tictoc 06-18-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1140275)
As guitar player, Phil is miles ahead of Rich.

What world are you living on?

You might try to blind non guitar players with this rubbish but in reality Richie is far superior. Phil X is a hatchet man. He smiles more than Richie though, I'll give him that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140298)

I bet you're a Daily Mail reader.

Looks like it. What a precious little girl this Solid Sambora guy is.

rolo_tomachi 06-18-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobb991 (Post 1140297)
richie took a massive s**t with his clothes on when he decided to just disappear off the tour... it can be any deep personal problem if he's f**king great and teaching his daughter to drive...

right now i cant be bothered if he comes back... after seeing phil in slane and manchester i say carry on without him

Jon said bad things about Richie Sambora, hinting that he had alcohol problems. Jon makes his return difficult.

You prefer to continue with an empty show, I've had enough. I prefer complain and make noise to change things.

-1º (minute 1:25 is ****ing great :D)

-2º (two merge into one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oti_Nxc534#t=0m10s

-3º (what do I do when my love is away?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ntyvn3uM4#t=02m53s

Jon must strive to win back Richie Sambora.