Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 06-18-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1140315)
I'm pissed off at Richie because he's not on tour and he should be. If there were good reasons given then we'd all have accepted that, likely without a murmur of complaint, but all there is is pictures and tweets of Richie simply without problems it seems.

Phil X is very good and seems to be starting to play around a bit more which he needs to. But he can't take on the other stuff Richie does - he absolutely can't hold a crowd the way Richie does even when Richie's lazy as ****. Give me the choice, I'd pick Richie every time. But there's no choice.

Look at what you've read - the phrase "it seems". Aka, that's your perception. We DON'T F~%&ING KNOW.

All this crap quoting Richie saying "I'm doing f###ing great" - people love to read something how they want, don't they?
Can't you just accept that, perhaps, it's not to be taken literally?!!?

Jesus....

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1140312)
No really, you are just a scumbag. You are not ironoic or humorous. Yes its just a word but to some people its hugely offensive. I get that you don't care about that but that's where the scumbag part comes in.

Hey, baby. Different strokes for different folks. We can't all be as open minded as me.

Tictoc 06-18-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1140315)
I'm pissed off at Richie because he's not on tour and he should be. If there were good reasons given then we'd all have accepted that, likely without a murmur of complaint, but all there is is pictures and tweets of Richie simply without problems it seems.

Phil X is very good and seems to be starting to play around a bit more which he needs to. But he can't take on the other stuff Richie does - he absolutely can't hold a crowd the way Richie does even when Richie's lazy as ****. Give me the choice, I'd pick Richie every time. But there's no choice.

Yeah well fair play for giving an honest appraisal of what you saw. I was a bit hard on you in previous posts.

JoviJovi 06-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1140319)
Hey, baby. Different strokes for different folks. We can't all be as open minded as me.

Calling people retarded isn't being open minded, just like nothing you have said is ironic. You need some help with the big word huh?

united17 06-18-2013 02:16 PM

hmm well that was the first "serious" discussion in this thread in weeks!

united17 06-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1140322)
Calling people retarded isn't being open minded, just like nothing you have said is ironic. You need some help with the big word huh?

Couldn't agree more.

ticos_stick 06-18-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1140322)

1) I said his point was borderline retarded, I didn't call him retarded.

2) I didn't say I said anything ironic. I said Solid Sambora's post was ironic. He didn't get it and neither did you (no surprise)

Now unless you have a real reason for calling a fellow human being a scumbag please go away and play with a stick or something.

IML88 06-18-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakk (Post 1140316)
And Phil X came back for another gig too. All of these employees keep coming back yet Richie is the delicate flower of perfection. It cannot be all about fame - Tico and Dave have success outside the band. None of them look like they are miserable.

Maybe Richie is having a mid life crisis - who knows. All we know is he loves his daughter, makes clothes and if ****ing great. Thats it. On the other side the band is filling stadiums without him.

Everyone is ****ing great except the people on this thread.

I genuinely believe he's just had enough for now and needs a break. I'm quietly confident Jon was the only one who wanted to go back on the road and release an album so quickly. Dave and Tico didn't have anything on the side that a tour would get in the way with and Richie did (whether that be more Aftermath promotion, family or clothing lines). Combine that with an album that is as close to a JBJ solo attempt as we've had since Destination and he snapped.

Probably a heated word or two said out of frustration between the pair backstage and he packed his bags. I really do think its that simple - he wasnt ready to go on a huge tour again and perform an album he probably had very little influence over, was forced into it and snapped during the 1st leg.

I'm not on either side - Jon was probably a pushy CEO one too many times, Richie has been pretty unprofessional to simply walk out but blame aside, the fact is they will not fill stadiums again as it currently stands. Something needs to change because the band is only going one way in almost everyway possible.

rolo_tomachi 06-18-2013 03:05 PM

jessycardy 06-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1140301)
Jon said bad things about Richie Sambora, hinting that he had alcohol problems.

Simply untrue.