Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1126197)
This must be a joke surely:

http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/summer-concert-series/

The RIR All Star Band - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Join Us August 19, 2013 The Rockers In Recovery All Star Band and Special Guest Richie Sambora - Venue: The Nokia Theater 777 Chick Hearn Ct Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 763-6030. Stay Tuned For More Special Guests To Be Announced. http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/

Rockers In Recovery Band includes Mark Stein, Liberty Devitto, Christine Ohlman, Ricky Byrd, Kasim Sulton, and Richie Supa. "These guys are legendary,". Individual band members have performed or recorded with the likes of Aerosmith, Billy Joel, SNL Live Band, Todd Rundgren, Joan Jett, Vanilla Fudge, Richie Samboura and more.

this lists Richie as someone who the other players have played with, it doesn't say he is performing.

CKatz 05-01-2013 03:30 PM

That charity concert was announced on April 5, a lot has happened since then. Richie's plans may have changed. Or he knows he'll be done with his personal problems by then.

Supersonic 05-01-2013 03:31 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1126201)
this lists Richie as someone who the other players have played with, it doesn't say he is performing.

Yes it does. It's 2 acts on the bill. 1 being the Rockers In Recovery band, and the other one being Richie Sambora.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

MrNickel 05-01-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126199)
Jesus Richie, just tell us what's going on. My glass is still half full but I'm starting to think it's half full of piss.

I know its early in the day, but that has to be post/sentence of the day. :D

CKatz 05-01-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

It says he is there as a special guest. To me that means he'll perform, if he'll still be there.

TheseDaysEra 05-01-2013 03:38 PM

i honestly hope this isn't a health issue. I think we can only blame Jon for not giving us a better explanation but perhaps he's not even allowed to. Let's say Richie DOES (knock on wood) have a serious health condition and asked Jon to keep it shut so that people respect his privacy. On one hand, Jon as his friend will probably respect this but at the same time he won't be able to give fans a satisfactory reason for Richie's absence. It's a tough call.

CKatz 05-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

It says he is there as a special guest. To me that means he'll perform, if he'll still be there.

Walleris 05-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1126197)
This must be a joke surely:

http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/summer-concert-series/

The RIR All Star Band - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Join Us August 19, 2013 The Rockers In Recovery All Star Band and Special Guest Richie Sambora - Venue: The Nokia Theater 777 Chick Hearn Ct Los Angeles, CA 90015 (213) 763-6030. Stay Tuned For More Special Guests To Be Announced. http://www.rockersinrecovery.org/

Rockers In Recovery Band includes Mark Stein, Liberty Devitto, Christine Ohlman, Ricky Byrd, Kasim Sulton, and Richie Supa. "These guys are legendary,". Individual band members have performed or recorded with the likes of Aerosmith, Billy Joel, SNL Live Band, Todd Rundgren, Joan Jett, Vanilla Fudge, Richie Samboura and more.

Yeah, as if tweeting was not enough, let's start appearing on stage with other people! I guess you can't be a great guitar player and songwriter AND a smart with your fans. Unless he already knows he'll be back with Jovi at that time, but that makes him an even bigger asshole for keeping his mouth shut.

schlochty 05-01-2013 03:49 PM

The RIP All Star Band - Trainwrecks Kept A-Rollin' with special guest Richie Sambora...gotta love that title ;)

jbjhand 05-01-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1126195)
I'm sorry but I had to laugh Jon's stink eye here. Dunno what it was about or whether he just had to crack a fart but it was priceless.

http://youtu.be/fEZu0Qg0Y94?t=2m15s

What time is stink eye o'clock?

MrNickel 05-01-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126213)
What time is stink eye o'clock?

It happens at 2.23.

Beaky 05-01-2013 04:20 PM

I could very well have missed this but Matt confirmed 2 hours ago that Phil X will be playing until Richie returns...

Roll 05-01-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1126216)
I could very well have missed this but Matt confirmed 2 hours ago that Phil X will be playing until Richie returns...

Good, at least I won't have to suffer Bobby as lead guitar player :)

danfan 05-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1126196)
I still don't see the problem, it's awesome that they tour with Phil X, who is an amazing player than with a burned out guitar player. Phil X might be just what they need this tour to spice it all up and make it interesting again.

I see a lot of rare songs on the horizon, they have the time to do proper rehearsals now.

Might as well tour with another lead singer who can sing the songs better than Jon, if that's the case.

It's more than just the playing. It's the hat. It's the double neck guitar. It's the Jon/Richie fist bump. It's Richie's vocals. It's Richie on the talk box. It's knowing that the biggest hits are songs co-written by Richie.

malcyc 05-01-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1126214)
It happens at 2.23.

Is it because Richie's vocals blow Jon out of .the game?

steel_horse75 05-01-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1126194)
I still don't see why booing or protesting at a show would make a difference, other than to annoy other people who've also paid for their ticket.

This is Richie's matter - Richie's decision - Richie to tell us what's going on, protesting at a show where he's not even going to be there is just a bit dumb.

Also, I'd rather enjoy every minute of the show as it is than waste it on some futile gesture.

Bang on.....

RonJovi 05-01-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1126214)
It happens at 2.23.

Haha just noticed something someone mentioned a few weeks back (may have been Seb). There is a really exaggerated H at the front of 'are' right after the stink eye.

"And these har our words"

Lindy 05-01-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1126198)
Hmmm... Well, it's clear that Richie can't be that sick/depressed/whatever if he's still looking to play and jam. He just doesn't appear to want to play in Bon Jovi :/

Andi

I don't see the problem it's not until August that he's supposely is doing this.

DryCounty 05-01-2013 04:59 PM

Seriously, **** Richie if he's going on like this. If Richie doesn't care to explain for his fans who have bought these tickets for hard earned money why he isn't there, I seriously don't give a shit about him.

idbl_fanatic 05-01-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcyc (Post 1126224)
Is it because Richie's vocals blow Jon out of .the game?

I have to say that was great vocals by Richie.

ezearis 05-01-2013 05:06 PM

Guys, I have two sources that confirmed that Richie had an alcohol/drugs problem. One I can't tell because I sweared not doing so, and it's the one that told me the full story, the other yesterday spoke to Bobby in that gala Jon played and he said (about Richie): "I understand he is putting himself together".

That's why yesterday I was so dramatic and then said "just support Richie". Yeah, this is not Jon's fault, he's taking the blame for having his friend's back, and if he's rough at him, is because that's what friends do to keep you on the road.

Matrix15 05-01-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1126230)
Guys, I have two sources that confirmed that Richie had an alcohol/drugs problem. One I can't tell because I sweared not doing so, and it's the one that told me the full story, the other yesterday spoke to Bobby in that gala Jon played and he said (about Richie): "I understand he is putting himself together".

That's why yesterday I was so dramatic and then said "just support Richie". Yeah, this is not Jon's fault, he's taking the blame for having his friend's back, and if he's rough at him, is because that's what friends do to keep you on the road.

Well thank god you've cleared that one up, Your anonymous and unaccountable but definitely legitimate sources have saved the day!

idbl_fanatic 05-01-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1126231)
Well thank god you've cleared that one up, Your anonymous and unaccountable but definitely legitimate sources have saved the day!

I smell a bit of sarcasm. LOL

Kuba80BJ 05-01-2013 05:15 PM

I am personally devastated. In this case I ain’t going to the shows in Stockholm and Tampere if Richie is not there. I feel like I am back in 2011 only last time it all ended with a happy ending. I don’t see it that way this time unfortunately.

Fans in my country, including me, have been waiting for the first EVER BJ show in Poland for 30 years. 30 f***ing years. And when we finally got it, we will receive a show without one of the most important members, moreover the one with Polish blood in his veins. This is just like the worst nightmare ever. Those of you who feel excited to hear Phil X rather than Richie have the full right to say so. You have seen them countless number of times in your countries, and maybe for some of you it’s just like another night out with friends or you simply seek for new experience. I also never said a bad word about Phil and I think he’s doing his job well and is a great guitarist. But technique is not everything to me. It’s all about Richie’s charisma, vocals, solos, playing style etc. Phil simply doesn’t have that. You have no idea how torn all the Polish fans are right now. Their greatest dream has just exploded into pieces and so many of them are thinking about not going to the show too.

I will go to the show in my town, but only because I don’t have to travel. Those of you who read all my reviews or seen my covers of Every Road will understand how important Richie is for me in this band. At this moment of my life, Richie is more important to me than Jon. Aftermath is an amazing album to me and I love every single song on it, while I don’t think so positive about WAN. And Seven Years Gone is an epic song to me that is right there next to my TOP3 – KTF, DC, TD. I dreamed about getting this song in Europe, not any other BJ song, but his solo song. Richie’s passion and honesty for music means much more to me than Jon’s vocal abilities (not so impressive anymore by the way). This will not be my band on stage. I was never a fan of Jon’s solo shows, and this is going to be just that. No offence to Tico and Dave but their role in the band to me is far less than Richie’s. Even if Jon comes with unbelievable rarities this tour it will not be the same. To me BJ is not only about Jon’s voice. He could even nail If I Was Your Mother (which of course he won’t anyway) but without Richie this would mean nothing to me, just like any other rarity, while the classics like Wanted, Prayer or Blood on Blood without him would be just torture. A solid performance-technically but a soulless show, is all it's going to be. And I really hope that if Richie’s really not here in Europe they will not play Dry County anymore. At least I don’t want to see it in Gdansk, the show will be hard enough without it anyway.

Something died in me yesterday. I was so looking forward to my shows this tour, I needed it more than ever, for various reasons. BJ is not my hobby, it’s not just music. It’s a lifetime’s passion. And magic only works when amazing duo is on stage. Without any of them, it’s gone. To me there is no Bon jovi without Richie. A miracle would help. Miracles do happen, but I think I’ve used my limit of them already. I will keep my tix for all shows just in case he shows up in the last minute, have flights too, so you never know. I won’t hold my breath for it, but would love to be surprised.

CKatz 05-01-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1126230)

Your source contradicts mine. So who is telling the truth?

ezearis 05-01-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1126231)

Well, I haven't told you a source that it's the one of the full story, and I just used that to back up the one that I can tell.

About the second one, I said, a woman yesterday in the gala Jon Bon Jovi played asked Bobby about Richie and I copypasted the textual words. I don't know what more info do you want, do you want the ID of the woman or what?

Really, you can believe me, you cannot. It's not like I give a crap.

RonJovi 05-01-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1126235)

What does your source say?

Matrix15 05-01-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Well my sauce says:

"contains tomato concentrate made from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spice, onion powder, and natural flavors".

http://www.independent.co.uk/incomin...27-ketchup.jpg

Thats about the only legitimate source around here.

BJ?YesPlease 05-01-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Oooooooh, interesting!!

I'm kinda glad - I don't want it to be drink/drugs.
Any more info on what your source thinks?

CKatz 05-01-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126237)
What does your source say?

That it has nothing to do with his health, no relapse. But that's all that was said. My source is connected to one of Richie's cousins and claims to have gotten the info from that cousin.

rolo_tomachi 05-01-2013 05:40 PM

What About Now?
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9871/starrock.jpg

Or maybe it is Matt who is behind the conspiracy?
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3343/jvsrr.jpg

:evilbat:

semigoodlookin 05-01-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1126243)
That it has nothing to do with his health, no relapse. But that's all that was said. My source is connected to one of Richie's cousins and claims to have gotten the info from that cousin.

That was my cousin!

He is the sister of the cousin whose uncle told Richie to do that thing that time. But he didn't do it anyway. What a prick.

Beaky 05-01-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1126238)
Well my sauce says:

"contains tomato concentrate made from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spice, onion powder, and natural flavors".

http://www.independent.co.uk/incomin...27-ketchup.jpg

Thats about the only legitimate source around here.

EPIC... I believe this one...

idbl_fanatic 05-01-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126246)
What About Now?
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9871/starrock.jpg

Or maybe it is Matt who is behind the conspiracy?
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3343/jvsrr.jpg

:evilbat:

LMAO!!!!!!!!

CKatz 05-01-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1126247)
That was my cousin!

He is the sister of the cousin whose uncle told Richie to do that thing that time. But he didn't do it anyway. What a prick.

:D So many people with "insider" knowledge lately.

joviness 05-01-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1126228)
Seriously, **** Richie if he's going on like this. If Richie doesn't care to explain for his fans who have bought these tickets for hard earned money why he isn't there, I seriously don't give a shit about him.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

My feelings are "oh well, shit happens". If Richie doesn't care, why should I? I'm sure I'll still enjoy the show and a trip to wonderful Stockholm with my best friend is not a waste at all :)

Will probably be my last BJ concert if Richie is out of the band, though.

rolo_tomachi 05-01-2013 06:02 PM

he'll be back.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5613/bebackm.jpg

:)

danfan 05-01-2013 06:21 PM

Sources sound as reliable as this:

Solid Sambora 05-01-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1126194)
I still don't see why booing or protesting at a show would make a difference, other than to annoy other people who've also paid for their ticket.

This is Richie's matter - Richie's decision - Richie to tell us what's going on, protesting at a show where he's not even going to be there is just a bit dumb.

Also, I'd rather enjoy every minute of the show as it is than waste it on some futile gesture.

It's not dumb. No one knows the full circumstances, but decisions have been made in how to deal with the situation, and where the fans are concerned, the decision is to keep them in the dark. Whether it's Richie, Jon, or whoever... Bon Jovi the band, Bon Jovi the company, Bon Jovi the brand have upset a lot of fans. They've sold a product they now can't deliver. Some people don't mind, some people don't care, and some will never even realise anything has gone wrong. But a large section of their fan base do care, and aren't getting any answers or information. No refunds, like it or not many of us have tickets for a lesser product, and we're stuck with them. Most of us will realistically just have to go along and do what you say- make the most of it- because realistically you'd never be able to arrange a noticeable enough protest. Not buying a ticket is the most realistic form of protest, but you can't 'not buy a ticket' if you've already bought one!
That doesn't make the idea of a protest wrong. A visual protest of the kind I suggested, with enough numbers, would be a fairly dramatic statement. It may or may not achieve anything, but if 'Bon Jovi' really do care about their fans it would certainly register with them.

Anyway, it won't happen, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.

Kathleen 05-01-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1126040)
I feel glad that the likes of Kathleen, Terri, and Erik went to Europe LAST tour. :D

Thank you. My husband and I were talking about this last night and we both said the same thing. It was a "what were we waiting for" sort of decision and I'm so glad that we made it. We got some awesome shows and some rarities (or at least rarities for the USA) and we met some people we had talked to for years and we had a blast doing it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1126170)
The way things have been said, have not helped. 'No, I've not spoken with him,' 2 weeks after he left the tour... that sticks with me.

Yes, that sticks with me too. However I remember an interview with Jon (when Richie was out of the last tour) saying that his life and the commitments he made still need to continue. So yes, the brotherhood thing is pretty well blown, and I suspect that they haven't been that close since Richie moved to Calif years ago.

Interestingly, David was the only one voicing dissatisfaction during the WWWB movie, not Richie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1126068)

No matter which of those is true (or if it's something totally unrelated) the Bon Jovi organization has handled this completely ass-backwards. While I completely respect Richie's right to privacy (especially if it's substance related) they could have sent out more timely, much better worded statements than the jokes we got, not to mention the complete embarrassment that is Matt Bon Jovi's Twitter. The whole thing is just a sad mess.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. There has been a very poor response from the "official" Bon Jovi team.