Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-19-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1140596)
The guy obviously witnessed him riding David's ass during sound check for making a mistake. He defended his behavior in the interview. It was serious.

I'm not debating the fact Jon hates mistakes or that he'll give you a piece of his mind if you make one. As I said, that's true and even Jon admits it. As he said, he wants perfection. What I'm saying is at the moment of the interview he's joking. His reply is tongue-in-cheek. Or do you really think Jon would come up to David and seriously go: "you're a son of a bitch, screw you!" over a mistake?

Sissy3 06-19-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1140597)
Just saw this gossip item on another forum and thought I'd post it here, just as food for thought:

B list celebrity: Richie Sambora (kicked out of band)
A list female singer/celebrity: LeAnn Rimes
A list male singer/celebrity: Jon Bon Jovi"

The video referenced on the site is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNDkNVwG_M8

Naaaaaaw Jon's too well known plus his wife would clean his plow as we say in my neck of the woods. No pre-nup, don't cha know. ;) Plus, don't think they toured together.

DestinationJovi 06-19-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1140599)
Naaaaaaw Jon's too well known plus his wife would clean his plow as we say in my neck of the woods. No pre-nup, don't cha know. ;) Plus, don't think they toured together.

Til We Ain't Strangers Anymore was a duet with her. She's also in the video... Just her and Jon.

Crushgen24/88 06-19-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1140590)
Nope. He was serious.

When mistakes are made it royally ticks him off. You've seemed to have followed the band long enough to know this.

There's a mil,ion videos of Jon giving his stupid stinkeye, and yet the one that's very clearly a band in-joke is scrutinized to death.

Sissy3 06-19-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1140600)
Til We Ain't Strangers Anymore was a duet with her. She's also in the video... Just her and Jon.

Oh, I know all that, she even came on stage once at Nashville I believe and sang with him. :)

JackieBlue 06-19-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1140599)

Nawww... they're wrong. It was definitely Jennifer Nettles. :-)

DestinationJovi 06-19-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1140601)
There's a mil,ion videos of Jon giving his stupid stinkeye, and yet the one that's very clearly a band in-joke is scrutinized to death.

Did you watch the video we're talking about? It's not the one from a live show when Dave couldn't remember what key old time rock & roll is in. That I know was a joke. This one was serious.

Whatever. I'm not scrutinizing. I'm done with it. I really don't care, my point was that Jon is a hypocrite when it comes to mistakes.

Sissy3 06-19-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1140604)
Nawww... they're wrong. It was definitely Jennifer Nettles. :-)

How could I forget about her! She of the infamous country ditty Who Says.... :p (repeat it's aw-ight 600 times.)

JackieBlue 06-19-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1140606)
How could I forget about her! She of the infamous country ditty Who Says.... :p (repeat it's aw-ight 600 times.)

Eh... I wouldn't worry about it Sissy. Memory lapses happen. 'S alright. :-)

Walleris 06-19-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1140605)
Did you watch the video we're talking about? It's not the one from a live show when Dave couldn't remember what key old time rock & roll is in. That I know was a joke. This one was serious.

Whatever. I'm not scrutinizing. I'm done with it. I really don't care, my point was that Jon is a hypocrite when it comes to mistakes.

What you just said is nothing but speculation with no evidence. Her's some facts for you:

1. It's a soundcheck, not a show, they were rehearsing No Apologies, which they debuted on that leg of the our. They were rehearsing a song they were not yet comfortable playing.
2. You have no idea what Jon is saying during the soundcheck, just because there's no footage.
3. We can only hear the interview. That one is obviously just Jon joking and poking fun of himself.

How are you being able to judge Jon's behaviour from this (lack of) footage is beyond me. But I'm pretty sure you're not.