Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Official Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Thread. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47538)

hometownboy 02-02-2009 01:29 AM

lol i was thinking about the not washing (or lack of it) and i thought when 175,000 people aren't washing it must be accepted that people will be dirty and smelly :p there are showers and that but I'm not gonna waste music time queueing up for a shower :p

5 mins to go! (thats without delays and the like)

Jim Bon Jovi 02-02-2009 01:31 AM

if the showers are anything like the bogs at festivals i wouldn't bother anyway.

zero_zero_UFO 02-02-2009 01:34 AM

Watching this makes me appreciate proper football so much more :lol:

Imagine if after all this the BBC coverage just goes to the studio at half time for discussion......

hometownboy 02-02-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_zero_UFO (Post 904198)
Imagine if after all this the BBC coverage just goes to the studio at half time for discussion......

that would be heart breaking :(
and incredibly annoying :p

zero_zero_UFO 02-02-2009 01:54 AM

Oh come on! the clock is finally at 0 and they have to go and have a debate on whether they have scored. Just give them the point and bring on bruce!

Kathleen 02-02-2009 02:53 AM

Well done Bruce - the only thing missing was about 3 hours of music and a few verses of Born to Run.

Hey Thierry - it was 10th Avenue Freezeout - and an awesome version.

Tickets just became harder to get tomorrow morning.

Butters 02-02-2009 02:53 AM

Holy shit, what a ****ing performance! Unbelievable.

10th Avenue Freeze was a phenomenally good opener.
Born To Run: wow
Working On a Dream wasn't great really but the choir saved it.
Glory Days. What an ending!

Bruce said he wanted it to feel like the last 12 minutes of a 3 hour concert. That performance made me wish i could've seen the other 2hrs and 48 minutes.

SamboraQueen21 02-02-2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 904206)
Well done Bruce - the only thing missing was about 3 hours of music and a few verses of Born to Run.

Hey Thierry - it was 10th Avenue Freezeout - and an awesome version.

Tickets just became harder to get tomorrow morning.

So true, Kathleen especially with that last statement. -Question for you though, i read you were thinking about going to the Albany show. When I click on the Albany date on Ticketmaster's site I get this message:

For this event, we are not selling tickets directly to the public on behalf of the event provider. We are redirecting you to our resale partner site, TicketsNow, where you can purchase tickets from resellers safely and conveniently. Are any of Bruce's other shows like this??

Kathleen 02-02-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21 (Post 904209)
So true, Kathleen especially with that last statement. -Question for you though, i read you were thinking about going to the Albany show. When I click on the Albany date on Ticketmaster's site I get this message:

For this event, we are not selling tickets directly to the public on behalf of the event provider. We are redirecting you to our resale partner site, TicketsNow, where you can purchase tickets from resellers safely and conveniently. Are any of Bruce's other shows like this??

I think the Boston show is being sold through a radio site Lizz - I'll check right now though. My husband and I have a strategy all planned out between us for tomorrow morning LOL.

Hmm....the Boston show is up on Ticketmaster but I see what you mean about Albany. They are welcoming Ticketmaster customers though so I doubt that it's a scam. I know that one of the places in Hartford also sells through a site other than ticketmaster.

I have been to several Bruce shows in Albany (Bon Jovi shows too) and for some reason it's always a good show. It's only about an hour and a half for me so it's not that far. I will see how we do tomorrow morning. I hate that all the east coast shows go onsale at the same time. I can go to more shows if I don't have to pay e-bay prices LOL

Crushgen24/88 02-02-2009 04:45 AM

What a ****ing halftime performance. Springsteen totally blew it away, and did what only U2 have ever done before:
Make the halftime show actually seem like a real concert. Other acts have been quite good, but only these two have done that.
Not only that, but it was an amazing game, with an amazing ending, if you like the sport.