Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

IML88 05-28-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut (Post 1177129)
Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwVzkIHKxo

"Love and hate" "Better backdown" "Stars are in the sky"...yep, sounds like post 00's JBJ and RS.

Alphavictim 05-28-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177139)
We all know that LYHOM was written while the band was already in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

LYHOM was written in the studio. Born To Be My Baby and Bad Medicine are SO much like the SWW singles in style and subject matter, and also feature Desmond Child, that I have a hard time believing he had as little hand in 'em as writing a prechorus... IBTFY was written by Richie (as per Richie), ripped off from another band (as per said band's (deceased I think?) lead singer), or by Jon & Richie in the middle of the night (as per Jon).

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 07:35 PM

Can someone please explain what the below means and why it was said? I actually think it's quite stupid!

"I Woke Up This Morning And Said To Myself, Self, It's A Great F-ing Day For A Rock and Roll"

Lucas_Roli 05-28-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177188)
Can someone please explain what the below means and why it was said? I actually think it's quite stupid!

"I Woke Up This Morning And Said To Myself, Self, It's A Great F-ing Day For A Rock and Roll"

:)),he said ''Self'' instead of his name.
Let's say for example ''I woke up this morning and said to myself,Lucas,it's a great f... day for rock n roll''.
What song is this anyway?

Bounce7800 05-28-2014 08:39 PM

It's what they say in the huddle on AAA is it not?

Dave 1986 05-28-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1177196)
It's what they say in the huddle on AAA is it not?

I thought it was just Doc Magee and some other guy. (can't for the life of me remember who, it's been years since I watched AAA)

I dunno if the saying is taken from a song or it's just some expression they just came up with.

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177191)
:)),he said ''Self'' instead of his name.
Let's say for example ''I woke up this morning and said to myself,Lucas,it's a great f... day for rock n roll''.
What song is this anyway?

That part I get. I'm taking about the entire saying as a whole. It's stupid and makes no sense. What is a great day for A Rock N Roll? A Rock And Roll what? A Rock and Roll show?

That's like saying "what a great day for a guitar" what does that mean? a great day to buy a guitar or a great day to play a guitar....

And then, even it could make sense, what's the purpose of the saying? To get everyone pumped? I just think it's uncreative and dumb. If I was Jon, I'd fire Doc just based off of that. :crazyeye:

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1177197)
I thought it was just Doc Magee and some other guy. (can't for the life of me remember who, it's been years since I watched AAA)

I dunno if the saying is taken from a song or it's just some expression they just came up with.

I think it's Doc and Paul but the other guys partake in other scenes as well.

Lucas_Roli 05-28-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177198)
That part I get. I'm taking about the entire saying as a whole. It's stupid and makes no sense. What is a great day for A Rock N Roll? A Rock And Roll what? A Rock and Roll show?

That's like saying "what a great day for a guitar" what does that mean? a great day to buy a guitar or a great day to play a guitar....

And then, even it could make sense, what's the purpose of the saying? To get everyone pumped? I just think it's uncreative and dumb. If I was Jon, I'd fire Doc just based off of that. :crazyeye:

I didn't saw the A before Rock and Roll.
Can you tell me from what song it is? So i can listen to it and see what you guys are talking about.

jovifan93 05-28-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177198)

I think it's just a saying to get people pumped. And there is no "A" in it, it's basically just "I woke up this morning and said to myself: what a great f*cking day for rock'n'roll", with the "self" being a repetition of "myself" while Doc points at himself or something (at least he meant himself, and I think it was said so slowly, because he told it to someone so that he could repeat).

At least that's what I remember from last watching AAA a couple of years ago ;-)

liljovi93 05-28-2014 11:02 PM

Just me who can't find the link on amazon to buy the super deluxe edition?

Could someone put the link up please?

steel_horse75 05-28-2014 11:09 PM

New Jersey: Amazon.co.uk: Music New Jersey: Amazon.co.uk: Music

liljovi93 05-28-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1177212)

Thanks a lot mate! Ordered.

steel_horse75 05-28-2014 11:30 PM

same here - would be rude not to indulge!

powernoize 05-28-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1176957)
any news on this ?

it's supposed to air this Friday....someone typed out an excerpt from the interview on the Spain BJ Facebook page:

Obbie OŽBrien, engineer of Bon Jovi throughout his career, has given an interview to Betiana Ferreyra, Bon Jovi radio by telephone. In the first part of this interview, which is which is issued, Obbie loose little garment with respect to the output of new material that, as everyone knows, consists of a box from the New Jersey album, with several demos and unreleased themes to celebrate the 30 years of Bon Jovi's career, and the 25 years of the CD New Jersey. Obbie says that "this new material will be released to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the band, in addition to the 25 of the album New Jersey. I talk a little about it. Soon it will be all in press, but I can assure you that it is very good."

When asked if the great Cadillac Man will be inside, Obbie does not want to get wet: "I can't say more, but they will all be surprised. The same Jon was involved in the selection of topics. Soon it will be a statement on this issue".

To conclude this first part, he was asked by the show that the Kings Of Suburbia will on June 4, that there was some confusion if it was June or July, and for the shows last in Riviera Maya, what Obbie responds "Yes, it will be on June 4 the next show of the Kings. The second night in Mexico was amazing, to monitor us exploded onstage, and we played without him. In the first show, we also had technical problems, due to the high humidity of the area, being so stuck the scenario to the sea. However, the band played great that day too, despite the problems. The second, despite exploiting the monitor, was my favorite. Very good show".

I said, Obbie Word. Soon it will be the second part of the interview.

Rdkopper 05-29-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1177220)

When asked if the great Cadillac Man will be inside, Obbie does not want to get wet: "I can't say more, but they will all be surprised. The same Jon was involved in the selection of topics. Soon it will be a statement on this issue".

So what's everyone's take? Yes or no to a hidden track? Was this interview done before or after the track listing went public? I just don't get why he could never just answer the F-ing questions. So annoying!

Thanks for posting bty...

Simon 05-29-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177188)

I always loved the line. It's just something to get the band pumped before the gig, I think it was their ritual on the Jersey Syndicate Tour. It's about being in a band, living on the road, waking up in the morning and a great day and another gig ahead of you, writing a new chapter in your own history (and the history of rock'n'roll so to speak). And yeah, there's no "a" before r'n'r.

Always wanted to get myself a t-shirt with that line. :-)

Iceman 05-29-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1177203)
I think it's just a saying to get people pumped. And there is no "A" in it, it's basically just "I woke up this morning and said to myself: what a great f*cking day for rock'n'roll", with the "self" being a repetition of "myself" while Doc points at himself or something (at least he meant himself, and I think it was said so slowly, because he told it to someone so that he could repeat).

At least that's what I remember from last watching AAA a couple of years ago ;-)

That is it. But it's not Bon Jovi's thing, it's Doc's. He's using the same line with KISS now that he's managing them.

Ice

Rdkopper 05-29-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1177203)
And there is no "A" in it,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1177240)
And yeah, there's no "a" before r'n'r.

At 52:00 Even

There is an "A" and again later on during the Giants Stadium show they do it again and there is also an "A"...

Some other notes:
- Does it freak anyone else out when the girl holds her nose in the beginning while singing Bad Medicine?
- Does anyone believe Jon had a blender on stage and was mixing drinks for everyone during the Hawaii show?
- What song are they playing on guitar at 1:13:06

rolo_tomachi 05-29-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177231)
So what's everyone's take? Yes or no to a hidden track? Was this interview done before or after the track listing went public? I just don't get why he could never just answer the F-ing questions. So annoying!

Thanks for posting bty...

Perhaps, a hidden track different in each country.

Maybe something like this:

*Hidden Track European (or) International version: Cadillac Man.

*Hidden Track USA version: In America.

*Hidden Track Japanese version: Rosie.

That would be perfect.

Rdkopper 05-29-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177258)

That would be perfect.

Normally I'd say "NO WAY"! but the way our predictions are becoming a reality, I wouldn't rule it out. And yes, that would be beyond PERFECT!

Lucas_Roli 05-29-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177258)

That would be perfect.

That would be great,If i wouldn't get them on the album I buy,I would get them from a torrent :))).

bonjovi90 05-29-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177245)
At 52:00 Even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DXH6oyp44

There is an "A" and again later on during the Giants Stadium show they do it again and there is also an "A"...

Some other notes:
- Does it freak anyone else out when the girl holds her nose in the beginning while singing Bad Medicine?
- Does anyone believe Jon had a blender on stage and was mixing drinks for everyone during the Hawaii show?
- What song are they playing on guitar at 1:13:06

Pal, sometimes I get the feeling that you spend way too much time on this. Honestely, I'm a big fan as well, but I don't give a rat's ass about tiny little details like these :D

Rdkopper 05-29-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177262)
Pal, sometimes I get the feeling that you spend way too much time on this. Honestely, I'm a big fan as well, but I don't give a rat's ass about tiny little details like these :D

LOL.... I'm half joking but you're not the first person to tell me that I spend too much time here. :eek:

These are just exciting times, more so then it's been for the past 15 years. All these rare tracks that I've spent years beyond years tying to clean-up and or collect with the best possible sound are finally being released. It's 1988 all over again. Well sort of....

SuperBrad 05-30-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177265)
LOL.... I'm half joking but you're not the first person to tell me that I spend too much time here. :eek:

These are just exciting times, more so then it's been for the past 15 years. All these rare tracks that I've spent years beyond years tying to clean-up and or collect with the best possible sound are finally being released. It's 1988 all over again. Well sort of....

I like your posts ! Keep em coming .... This is the most exciting thing thats happened in a long time ..... Im praying to almighty jesus for cadillac man secret track !!!!

Lucas_Roli 05-30-2014 02:28 PM

What do you guys think.Does Jon have any ideea that the demos the demos he's about to release have been on youtube for a few years?

It's my faith 05-30-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177288)
What do you guys think.Does Jon have any ideea that the demos the demos he's about to release have been on youtube for a few years?

Is there a change that the Universal (or whoever publishes them) doesn't know what's happening? Of Course they (and he) know it!

BonJovi100 05-30-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Jon, Obie ecc know this It was main reason why them didn't put it them on Box-set.
I talked litlle with Obie in Gdans last year and I said that we are waiting for demos from New Jersey like Cadillac Man and others. He said that all of them are on ytoube. I said that they are in bad quality. He agree with me.
So they know about this demos ecc.

BonJovi100 05-30-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Jon, Obie ecc know this. It was main reason why them didn't put it them on Box-set.
I talked litlle with Obie in Gdansk last year and I said that we are waiting for demos from New Jersey like Cadillac Man and others. He said that all of them are on ytoube. I said that they are in bad quality. He agree with me.

Rdkopper 05-30-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1177290)
Jon, Obie ecc know this It was main reason why them didn't put it them on Box-set.
I talked litlle with Obie in Gdans last year and I said that we are waiting for demos from New Jersey like Cadillac Man and others. He said that all of them are on ytoube. I said that they are in bad quality. He agree with me.

Absolutely agree! And as someone stated, it's like they specifically targeted these songs because they were already out there.

I'm just puzzled as to why a new song wasn't thrown in. Are they saving them for future projects? Are there none left? My biggest fear is that Jon doesn't want anymore songs released from this period but being that all those other songs were already released, he said okay.

bonjovi90 05-30-2014 06:11 PM

I remastered an audience recording of Cadillac Man for a few users who had asked for it today and also gave it to a friend of mine, who hadn't heard the tune before. He responded saying that to him it sounded like they stole it from Smokie's "Living Next Door To Alice". I had never noticed it before and certainly wouldn't call it stolen, but there are definately quite some similarities.

Lucas_Roli 05-30-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177292)
My biggest fear is that Jon doesn't want anymore songs released from this period but being that all those other songs were already released, he said okay.

I fear that too.I really hope we will get the demos from SWW and KTF,maybe in a few years.I'd really love to hear all the demos from These Days but since it wasn't so commercialy succesfull I don't think we will ever get them all.Although there are some of them released in high quality: Wedding Day,When She Comes,Bitter Wine(electric),Prostitute,The End,6345789,I Thank You. I like all of them except Prostitute.Who know what other pesimistic/darker gems they wrote for the album that didn't make it...

Rdkopper 05-30-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177298)
I fear that too.I really hope we will get the demos from SWW and KTF,maybe in a few years.I'd really love to hear all the demos from These Days but since it wasn't so commercialy succesfull I don't think we will ever get them all.Although there are some of them released in high quality: Wedding Day,When She Comes,Bitter Wine(electric),Prostitute,The End,6345789,I Thank You. I like all of them except Prostitute.Who know what other pesimistic/darker gems they wrote for the album that didn't make it...

I thank you and 634 were just cover song album fillers. The production is not that great so my guess is that Jon recorded these in his home studio for fun.

Both song are very similar and probably recorded at the same time.

Lucas_Roli 05-30-2014 08:31 PM

Has anyone heard of a song called Hit Between the Eyes? This site says that it's a TD demo
http://enminipedia.referata.com/wiki/Bon_Jovi_Outtakes

I couldn't find anything about it.

bonjovi90 05-30-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177301)
Has anyone heard of a song called Hit Between the Eyes? This site says that it's a TD demo
http://enminipedia.referata.com/wiki/Bon_Jovi_Outtakes

I couldn't find anything about it.

This one I'm not so sure about. There was a demo name floating around where it was always rumoured that someone made it up at some point. Might've been that one or Jon mentioned this specific tune in a printed interview back in the day. I'm really struggling to figure out right now which story applies here.

Jay Jay 05-31-2014 12:16 AM

What about "A drinking song" from These days sessions!

powernoize 05-31-2014 02:04 AM

There were also a couple of song titles from the Fahrenheit era that someone listed a while back. Anyone recall the track names? Can't seem to find the post.

powernoize 05-31-2014 03:13 AM

interview with Obie to air tonight between 9-11 PM EST

http://bonjoviradio.blogspot.com.ar

Rdkopper 05-31-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1177324)
interview with Obie to air tonight between 9-11 PM EST

http://bonjoviradio.blogspot.com.ar

It's on now but I can't understand a freakin word because of the translator.

Lucas_Roli 05-31-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1177323)
There were also a couple of song titles from the Fahrenheit era that someone listed a while back. Anyone recall the track names? Can't seem to find the post.

I don't know anything about demos from Fahrenheit but there are some demos on youtube from their first album

Jon had a very girly voice back then,lol...