Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

PanosBonJovi 06-03-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1253689)
That was what I was guessing but hadn't heard anything official. Was wondering if the 2nd night had sold too or whether we were likely to get reduced priced tickets for it as well.

Look at the promoter's page on FB or contact them and ask if they can give you any info on the tickets left ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253528)
But if I'm not mistaken, Lisbon had sold very well in 2011, but much much worse in 2013 from what I remember.

It really is a mixed bag in Europe this time around. Munich has sold much better and faster than it has done since 2006 while Dusseldorf is packed, but had very cheap offers for quite a lot of seats in the upper rafters in the past weeks. Wembley has sold well, but other cities in the UK are struggling. It's a bit of hit and miss.

Well, it feels a bit random. I mean this tour and like it was rushed/forced. That's how I see it. We've seen some cool selections like a show in Moscow and in Tallinn but Tel Aviv had a recent show and I don't believe they have a big fan base there to put another concert this close to their previous one.

We don't have a concert in Milan but we got 2 concerts in Austria and one in Switzerland as well as a concert in Dusseldorf instead of maybe Berlin. Def Leppard boosted the ticket sells in my opinion in Germany as well. I'd prefer to see Bon Jovi playing Glasgow instead of Coventry. I find Wrechter as a wrong choice for them as well since they got already a date in the Netherlands. It's been 6 years since they've been to Lisbon, I could see them selling way better than they did in 2013. I've stated my opinion about Bucharest already, would be a good choice if Metallica and Ed Sheeran didn't play there :p

Also what I found odd was the lack of a concert in Barcelona but then, they Runaway tour would sink :P

prayer_84 06-03-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1253683)
I've seen Bon Jovi in Athens, I've seen Bon Jovi in Sofia and I'll see Bon Jovi in Bucharest. I don't care where the show is. If there was a concert in Italy, I'd go there as well.

I agree with Seb 100% and covered me on every single point I could make but the only thing he didn't mention and that's probably because he didn't know about it is that in Greece, Bon Jovi are pretty popular and share a pretty strong fan base. From casuals to die hards, people love Bon Jovi and would definitely go to see them play. A great example of that are the multiple trips organized for the show in Bucharest. There were also multiple trips organized for the concert in Sofia as well, if you seek for pictures you'll spot many Greek flags in the crowd, especially at DC and GC.

http://images.rocking.gr/gigs/2011/bonjovi/bonjovi7.jpg

I guess that's how a stadium far from sold out looks like then :cool: I, also, remember the band mentioning the show in Greece in multiple interviews afterwards and how they were impressed.

Anyway, a concert in Greece would make more sense than in Romania for the following simple reasons:
  • It sold great when the tickets were pretty expensive. Imagine now that the prices are significantly lower.
  • Bon Jovi didn't visit Greece since 2011 and people are hungry for another Bon Jovi concert.
  • And the most important of all: Tourists. Athens, especially during the summer, is overcrowded by tourists. People could easily combine a Bon Jovi concert with their holidays. A concert in the heart of July. Well...
  • Bon Jovi had to face Metallica and Ed Sheeran in Bucharest. Both concerts were almost an instant sold out. We are only few weeks away from the concert in Bucharest and the tickets ain't moving.

Anyway, I don't complain cause Bon Jovi ain't coming to Greece. Springsteen hasn't return in Greece since 1988 and probably never will. I'm just saying that Bucharest wasn't a smart choice for them. I'd rather see them in Belgrade where they never played before. It would make more sense and probably sell better.

The Greek economy is doing better compared to 2011 yet again Bon Jovi ticket pricing is significantly lower than it was in 2011 so that would be another factor to consider imo.

OK, Panos, I really meant no harm so I apologize for sounding rude. I admit you have a point or two. And I know that the Romanians have already spent their money on Ed Sheeran and Metallica, which is why Bon Jovi's show isn't a sellout yet, and probably will never be. The thing is, you've stated your displeasure with the Bucharest show dozens of times already, and to me it sounded like, at least according to you, Bucharest was to blame for the lack of a Greek show. It really isn't. In 2011, the show in Romania took place on July 10, while the one in Athens - on July 20, or ten days later. I could only make a guess here but considering the Italian show (Udine) was on July 17, it may have been easier to move the critical touring gear from Italy to Greece than having to transport it 1,400 km south of Bucharest (which doesn't change the fact that Dusseldorf lies at an even greater distance from the Romanian capital). Otherwise, I would have expected to see the Greek show to be after the Romanian one. Again, it is pure speculation on my part. So, the lack of an Italian show this time around may have made it more difficult to organize a concert in Greece logisticswise. Of course, I may be dead wrong as usual and the reasons may be quite different. I'm glad there's a Bucharest date because it's 360 km from where I live. If I had to go see them in Athens, I would have had to travel 1000+ km. However, these are just minor details. What's more important to me is the fact that the band no longer skips the Balkans when they tour Europe and give us at least one date in the region.
P.S. I really expected to see a show in Belgrade this time around as they have never been there.

PanosBonJovi 06-03-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1253700)
OK, Panos, I really meant no harm so I apologize for sounding rude. I admit you have a point or two. And I know that the Romanians have already spent their money on Ed Sheeran and Metallica, which is why Bon Jovi's show isn't a sellout yet, and probably will never be. The thing is, you've stated your displeasure with the Bucharest show dozens of times already, and to me it sounded like, at least according to you, Bucharest was to blame for the lack of a Greek show. It really isn't. In 2011, the show in Romania took place on July 10, while the one in Athens - on July 20, or ten days later. I could only make a guess here but considering the Italian show (Udine) was on July 17, it may have been easier to move the critical touring gear from Italy to Greece than having to transport it 1,400 km south of Bucharest (which doesn't change the fact that Dusseldorf lies at an even greater distance from the Romanian capital). Otherwise, I would have expected to see the Greek show to be after the Romanian one. Again, it is pure speculation on my part. So, the lack of an Italian show this time around may have made it more difficult to organize a concert in Greece logisticswise. Of course, I may be dead wrong as usual and the reasons may be quite different. I'm glad there's a Bucharest date because it's 360 km from where I live. If I had to go see them in Athens, I would have had to travel 1000+ km. However, these are just minor details. What's more important to me is the fact that the band no longer skips the Balkans when they tour Europe and give us at least one date in the region.
P.S. I really expected to see a show in Belgrade this time around as they have never been there.

Me too I was expecting a Belgrade show as well, would make more sense. Also, Balkans are growing, the wars are over thank god except some diplomatic issues between Albania and Serbia and the things are more stable as of now.

I will always blame the Greek promoters for lack of major concerts in Greece but that's also a combination of the crisis. Yet again during the "golden years" for the Greek economy, Bon Jovi wouldn't play here for some reason that I don't know.

What I complained about for the show in Bucharest was that it won't sell good due to high competition, and personally I love seeing full venues or at least with as many people as possible.

In my honest opinion, if I were a Greek promoter, strategically, I would prefer to organize a major concert with a huge act in Thessaloniki (Port or Toumba Stadium) as I'd cover: Albania, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania and Turkey, instead of Athens. Athens is the capital city and more than 4m live permantly there but Thessaloniki with 1m population covers a bigger area of population as it's closer to 5 countries compared to Athens. Of course you can't roll the dice on people from foreign countries coming to Thessaloniki to watch a show but as I said during summer thousands of people from Balkans go to Chalkidiki, Thassos, Katerini etc. Locations that are nearby Thessaloniki and tourists could land to Thessaloniki's Aiport instead of Athens before they go on holidays etc.

I guess logistics and moving around the stage is the reason they own 3 stages. I can't imagine how hard is to transfer a huge stage, especially Sofia, in 2013 but even if there wasn't a Greek date on the books, it'd still make more sense to choose Greece or Serbia or even Bulgaria as a main city to perform instead of Tel Aviv. It's closer and probably cheaper to transfer the stage from Bucharest to a city that you could access by trucks and won't require oversea travelling. Plus, Bulgaria and any fan who travelled there from Serbia, from Greece, from Turkey, they got an incomplete show and they should have returned this year and even on a discount to make it up to anyone that they left disappointed.

bousey10 06-10-2019 01:36 PM

Things are bad in Dublin for second night. Free tickets being given out today if you are a 3 mobile customer . This is embarressing

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18...?did=threefree

liljovi93 06-10-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bousey10 (Post 1254350)
Things are bad in Dublin for second night. Free tickets being given out today if you are a 3 mobile customer . This is embarressing

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18...?did=threefree

Yeah I won 2 free tickets from a competition I can't even remember entering before.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bousey10 06-10-2019 01:51 PM

Yea they must be panicking now with only a few days to go . Have heard that irish radio stations are just sending out free tickets to nearly anyone that enters competitions. Its lucky they didnt go with a larger venue in the end

PanosBonJovi 06-10-2019 01:51 PM

They shouldn't add a second date to begin with.

steel_horse75 06-10-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1254353)
They shouldn't add a second date to begin with.

exactly.
See how the first one does first. If it sells out quick then add 2nd.

Also casuals are not really interested in this band anymore. If they see a vid of JBJ singing they 100% wont go to see 3/5 Jovi and a bloke who cant sing.

ticos_stick 06-10-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bousey10 (Post 1254352)
Yea they must be panicking now with only a few days to go . Have heard that irish radio stations are just sending out free tickets to nearly anyone that enters competitions. Its lucky they didnt go with a larger venue in the end

I went to the two shows at the RDS Dublin in 2011 and the second show was half empty. The gold circle was very roomy.

I'm not sure why they booked a second night here this time around. It's seems very hopeful that it'd sell well.

To start giving out free tickets like this indicates that the show was embarrassingly undersold.

bousey10 06-10-2019 02:08 PM

The UK and Dublin shows are going to be very interesting. The critics in the UK and Ireland will tare them apart this time if the performances are not very good. Surely will be the last time we will see Bon jovi out doors in UK and ireland if they dont pull out all the stops especially at Wembley.