Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 06-25-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274450)
For what it's worth, we're not saying he needs the money from touring to fund the album. Recording albums doesn't cost nearly what it used to. He's just not going to tour unless it's behind an album because that means promo, new artwork, a single, renewed public interest etc. If he was just touring off the hits he wouldn't be able to go out every 2 or 3 years or whatever and hit the same cities. It's way easier to sell a tour if an album is there.

Completely agree.

angelsambo 06-26-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1274434)
Just came back from the cinema. Jon’s voice did really put me of a lot of times. Didn’t enjoy myself.

it's not only jon'voice...just listen to the guitar sound there is no dynamic everything sounds so weak

steel_horse75 06-27-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1274467)
it's not only jon'voice...just listen to the guitar sound there is no dynamic everything sounds so weak

That’s Jon’s decision to have quiet guitars on the album along with the lack of solos.

Blood in the water and devils temple are two songs that immediately spring to mind that could’ve been so much better with a long solo or solo play out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 06-28-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274450)
For what it's worth, we're not saying he needs the money from touring to fund the album. Recording albums doesn't cost nearly what it used to. He's just not going to tour unless it's behind an album because that means promo, new artwork, a single, renewed public interest etc. If he was just touring off the hits he wouldn't be able to go out every 2 or 3 years or whatever and hit the same cities. It's way easier to sell a tour if an album is there.

Is that the case when it is an album that sold 100,000 worldwide, or whatever the number is? How many people actually know there was a new Bon Jovi album and how many care? Surely any tour now would be, for the majority of people attending, sold off the hits.

Captain_jovi 06-28-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1274501)
Is that the case when it is an album that sold 100,000 worldwide, or whatever the number is? How many people actually know there was a new Bon Jovi album and how many care? Surely any tour now would be, for the majority of people attending, sold off the hits.

Oh don't get me wrong, a very very very slim group is going because Bon Jovi have a new album/single out but being able to promote a tour on the back of a new album is way easier. Also up until 2020 they could boost sales by attaching the album to it.

But you're right. I don't think most people care.

Thierry 06-28-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1274467)

Correct, also the playing of Phil and Shanks suck. Very sterile. Didn't want to be to negative but I'll skip the next tour. There's just nothing left apart from Tico.

Rdkopper 06-28-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274503)
Oh don't get me wrong, a very very very slim group is going because Bon Jovi have a new album/single out but being able to promote a tour on the back of a new album is way easier. Also up until 2020 they could boost sales by attaching the album to it.

But you're right. I don't think most people care.

It's like that with any legendary act. No one is going to hear the new McCartney album. They want to hear Beatle and Wing Classics... I can do this with anyone who's been around for 20 plus years.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

BJFan99 06-28-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1274504)
Didn't want to be to negative but I'll skip the next tour. There's just nothing left apart from Tico.

And even Tico is not what he used to be, especially considering how many mistakes he made on several songs during the 2019 European tour.

I agree with you overall though - I already made the decision after Tallinn '19 of never going to see Bon Jovi live again. As fun as it was being there with good company, Jon's struggles were very noticeable throughout the night and especially the last 4 songs or so were absolutely dreadful. He's just too far gone to make the live experience worth all the money and travel anymore - by now I'd say we've reached a point where even his amazing showmanship can no longer save the show properly with his vocals being as horrid as they are.

I'll always cherish what we had before 2015, though.

Captain_jovi 06-28-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1274509)
And even Tico is not what he used to be, especially considering how many mistakes he made on several songs during the 2019 European tour.

I agree with you overall though - I already made the decision after Tallinn '19 of never going to see Bon Jovi live again. As fun as it was being there with good company, Jon's struggles were very noticeable throughout the night and especially the last 4 songs or so were absolutely dreadful. He's just too far gone to make the live experience worth all the money and travel anymore - by now I'd say we've reached a point where even his amazing showmanship can no longer save the show properly with his vocals being as horrid as they are.

I'll always cherish what we had before 2015, though.

Yeah, this. My last show was on the WAN tour, both shows I saw were underwhelming and even then I was backing away from the idea of paying so much to see songs I've heard live everytime get less and less engaging. I don't really want to pay 100+ dollars even if Jon is really on fire selling the songs, it's not really songs I want being sold to me. I have 10 years of great memories and that's enough for me. Shake up the setlist, do something different and then we'll talk.

bonjovi90 06-28-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274510)
Yeah, this. My last show was on the WAN tour, both shows I saw were underwhelming and even then I was backing away from the idea of paying so much to see songs I've heard live everytime get less and less engaging. I don't really want to pay 100+ dollars even if Jon is really on fire selling the songs, it's not really songs I want being sold to me. I have 10 years of great memories and that's enough for me. Shake up the setlist, do something different and then we'll talk.

Very much agreed! I also have 10 years of great live memories and 2019 had already knocked quite a dent into those.
It's not even Jon's voice only, as you said, it's the fact one basically gets the same setlist as on the previous tour with three current tracks replacing three other tracks from x years prior. And I've heard all the old ones in good renditions before (for cheaper ticket prices). :mrgreen:
If I wanna go for a decent night with Jovi music, I'm much better off with bands like New Jersey or Bounce by now, not only financially. On those occasions, I actually have the chance of hearing some rare tracks I care for from albums that made an impact on me. :)