Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-22-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1141386)
Well, at least it seems that his dog is ok. That's another theory that falls appart.

From what I gathered, that's Sean Borg's dog, not Richie's.

Mysterytrain 06-22-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1141398)
I think we can all agree that it was stupid. I don't think there is one person in this thread who said that it was a great thing that Jon said. Whether it was Jon trying hard to prove a point, he failed and now it just made him look bad. I don't think even The Edge would have felt flattered by the reference. He might even think, way to go Jon throwing your guitar player of 30 years under a bus like that.

But is there a need to bring it up in nearly every post? (Not you) we get it, it was stupid, it was shitty but out of this whole saga, that is the one thing that keeps on getting brought up.

I think it keeps on being brought up as a way to attempt to 'explain' a reason why Richie might leave the tour. For some, there is /no/ valid reason, apart from physical illness or rehab, that would justify Richie leaving the tour. The comment Jon made about The Edge seems to link back to the idea that Jon 'constantly belittled' Richie. This idea, if true, makes me think 'mental health' would be a justifiable reason. Maybe Richie's mental health suffers while on tour, if these sorts of belittling comments are the norm behind the scenes, but away from the tour, he's fine.

EDIT: On the flipside, Richie's comment about Jon wanting to see if he can play stadiums by himself, and Jon's acknowledgement of that comment in a later interview, along with "I don't want to talk about it" --points to what seems like a childish spat/power play between them. If this issue boils down to a 'who-is-more-important-to-this-band'-style argument, my respect for both of them will go down quite a few notches.

Sissy3 06-22-2013 09:08 PM

Wouldn't that be a slap in the face if it turned out to be just that, a fuss between two grown men about who has the bigger cojones. After 30 years.

jessycardy 06-22-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1141412)
if these sorts of belittling comments are the norm behind the scenes, but away from the tour, he's fine.

The norm?!? Puh-lease, the man's always complimented Richie and has a deep bond with him.

rolo_tomachi 06-22-2013 09:26 PM

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3887/rgch.jpg

Mysterytrain 06-22-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1141432)
The norm?!? Puh-lease, the man's always complimented Richie and has a deep bond with him.

That's what I'd always thought, too. Hope the theory I outlined previously turns out to be false.

Becky 06-22-2013 10:38 PM

Jon said Richie was replaceable AFTER Richie left and had to be replaced--AGAIN. It may not have been the nicest thing in the world to say, but it's not as if he made up some giant lie to knock Richie down.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-22-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1141509)
Jon said Richie was replaceable AFTER Richie left and had to be replaced--AGAIN. It may not have been the nicest thing in the world to say, but it's not as if he made up some giant lie to knock Richie down.

No, to say he's replacable wasn't so bad, since he clearly was replaced and the tour still went on... But to say that The Edge on the other hand couldn't have been replaced.. that's the nasty part. Ah well.

JackieBlue 06-22-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1141398)
I think we can all agree that it was stupid. I don't think there is one person in this thread who said that it was a great thing that Jon said. Whether it was Jon trying hard to prove a point, he failed and now it just made him look bad. I don't think even The Edge would have felt flattered by the reference. He might even think, way to go Jon throwing your guitar player of 30 years under a bus like that.

But is there a need to bring it up in nearly every post? (Not you) we get it, it was stupid, it was shitty but out of this whole saga, that is the one thing that keeps on getting brought up.

I have an idea. Why don't we call a moratorium on both the Edge comment AND "F***ing great!" Neither comment shows Jon or Richie in the best of lights. And both are clearly hot-buttons for some of the people here.

I've had to retract statements or say things a different way to get at what I really meant in the first place. I wonder how many times these guys would like to go back and say, "No, no, no... I didn't mean it like that!"

MrNickel 06-22-2013 11:12 PM

Video interviews are the only things that give clarity. All these web articles are so of embellishment that the truth is hard to find (if theres any to begin with).

When does the tour end ? I fear if nothing is revealed before then, we will be left in the dark indefinitely.