Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bonjovi821 05-03-2013 07:27 AM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 42m
As a fan of the music and the band it doesn't seem fair to the other 5 on stage that one would turn their back on the rest of them. Odd

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 37m
I refer to a so called fan of the band refusing to go to a show. Just odd to me. I don't need to understand the thought process just odd 2me

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 26m
I'm sure anyone who wanted to could sell their ticket to someone who wants to go. Nobody want to have a downer sitting next to them anyway

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1m
Ok all. Lots of fun as usual. Much love. G'Nite

bonjovi821 05-03-2013 07:29 AM

Clearly this is an instance where it's the fans who are being unfair to the band, and in no way the opposite at all.

I figured I'd try my hand at a little rolo_tomachi style image.

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/7160/d...atieimagen.jpg

Captain_jovi 05-03-2013 07:44 AM

Nice guilt trip tactic. Basically saying don't ask for a refund, give it to someone else so the seat isn't empty.

Javier 05-03-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1126714)
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 42m
As a fan of the music and the band it doesn't seem fair to the other 5 on stage that one would turn their back on the rest of them. Odd

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 37m
I refer to a so called fan of the band refusing to go to a show. Just odd to me. I don't need to understand the thought process just odd 2me

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 26m
I'm sure anyone who wanted to could sell their ticket to someone who wants to go. Nobody want to have a downer sitting next to them anyway

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1m
Ok all. Lots of fun as usual. Much love. G'Nite

I must say, it's almost like the guy is not even aware of his job sometimes and is just messing about online for shits and giggles....

CKatz 05-03-2013 09:17 AM

Is Jon really so out of touch that he doesn't know what kind of damage Matt is doing to the Bon Jovi brand? Or does Jon condone it?

RonJovi 05-03-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1126722)
Is Jon really so out of touch that he doesn't know what kind of damage Matt is doing to the Bon Jovi brand? Or does Jon condone it?

Have to say, when I read the first message, I thought he was referring to Richie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bongiovi

jessycardy 05-03-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126729)
Have to say, when I read the first message, I thought he was referring to Richie.

Me too. I didn't realize it was Matt's own tweet at once, I thought it was a fan complaining about Richie quitting the tour. He probably realized this too, as he tweeted again shortly afterwards explaining who he was referring to.

bonjovi821 05-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1126731)
Me too. I didn't realize it was Matt's own tweet at once, I thought it was a fan complaining about Richie quitting the tour. He probably realized this too, as he tweeted again shortly afterwards explaining who he was referring to.

Matt realize a mistake and try to correct it?

Poppycock.

do people actually say that?

RonJovi 05-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1126731)

Did someone tweet him and say they were thinking of protesting by turning their back?

I hope not and I hope Matt is reading this thread. :-)

rolo_tomachi 05-03-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1126715)
Clearly this is an instance where it's the fans who are being unfair to the band, and in no way the opposite at all.

I figured I'd try my hand at a little rolo_tomachi style image.

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/7160/d...atieimagen.jpg

very cool.

CKatz 05-03-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126734)
Did someone tweet him and say they were thinking of protesting by turning their back?

I hope not and I hope Matt is reading this thread. :-)

No someone asked him how to get a refund for fc tickets. Since he is in charge of the fanclub, of course he would be asked.

The Rock 05-03-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1126722)

When it comes to Twitter, Jon doesn't know. He has no clue what Matt writes, what's been going on etc Has no interest in it. Twitter is Matt's domain and he likes it. Until it comes to Jon's attention, it will continue.

rainsong 05-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1126707)
When I say the truth I mean that They knew richie wouldn't make the European leg way before now, and I think if richie will not be with the band for the 3d leg they will hold this information till the very last minute possible. You can bet on that.

Thank you for explaining what you meant.

jessycardy 05-03-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1126738)
No someone asked him how to get a refund for fc tickets. Since he is in charge of the fanclub, of course he would be asked.

Yeah, although during his fun night he also got tweets from fans saying how some people refused to stand and how that was their way of protesting Richie not being there.

Neurotica80 05-03-2013 11:21 AM

Why do people give Matt the the attention he craves? The guy absolutely loves having "inside info" and keeping eveyone guessing. He thinks hes some kind of celeb!

My fave tweet was from him today though, apparently he does this job for the "love of it" not for the money. Sure you do Matt, thats why your packages are so reasonable arent they?

jessycardy 05-03-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1126733)
Matt realize a mistake and try to correct it?

Poppycock.

do people actually say that?

I don't know, but I gotta keep that one in mind for sure. LOL

rolo_tomachi 05-03-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1126747)
Why do people give Matt the the attention he craves? The guy absolutely loves having "inside info" and keeping eveyone guessing. He thinks hes some kind of celeb!

My fave tweet was from him today though, apparently he does this job for the "love of it" not for the money. Sure you do Matt, thats why your packages are so reasonable arent they?

the jovi world is mine
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4097/dollarwr.jpg

RonJovi 05-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126750)

Haha some great Photoshop work on this thread :-)

Sambongo still rules for me though and that was done with Paint which makes it even more impressive.

rolo_tomachi 05-03-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1126752)
Haha some great Photoshop work on this thread :-)

Sambongo still rules for me though and that was done with Paint which makes it even more impressive.

He always comes back.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2669/beback.jpg
;)

bj7800 05-03-2013 11:53 AM

This thread keeps drawing me in. Just read back 70 odd pages :shock:

Lyn Wo 05-03-2013 03:14 PM

Richie solo show in October

http://eventful.com/newyork_ny/event...erformer-alert

I just received this alert from the Nokia Theater. Just thought I'd throw it on the fire!

TheseDaysEra 05-03-2013 03:15 PM

Matt said he 'feels Richie will be back at some point in the Summer' in one of his recent twits. I hope I'm not skipping the concert in Lisbon and he decides to step in at the very last minute. Like, 'Hmmm, Portuguese weather is a lot like California.. so I might do that one.. plus they have great booze there'.

IML88 05-03-2013 03:20 PM

I guess you can't rule anything out given that no one knows what the reason for his absence is. I don't believe for a minute he's out of the band. If its a personal reason then he'll be back when he's good and ready. If its a fatigue with the band thing again he'll be back when he's good ready.

It would not surprise me if he came back randomly at an unexpected date and no deal was made about it at all.

Sambo-Chris 05-03-2013 03:20 PM

He also says that it wouldnt be true that he is not in europe. You know the truth .

JoviJovi 05-03-2013 03:21 PM

Matt posted this in response to someone asking him if he even understood why fans are.pissed:

@irishbucka can you imagine how upset we are that he didn't show up to the first show?

Wow, he really needs to step away from the keyboard. Between this and the "so called fans" comment he is doing a lot of harm.

Gabriel Shoes 05-03-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1126742)
Thank you for explaining what you meant.

No problem. :)

Alphavictim 05-03-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1126789)

I just received this alert from the Nokia Theater. Just thought I'd throw it on the fire!

Bon Jovi will be in North America around that time:
Oct 25, 2013 - USA - Uncasville - Mohegan Sun

So I guess it wouldn't clash too much. Not exactly a confirmation of anything hence!

Javier 05-03-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1126789)

I think Richie had said something about that even before the Bon Jovi tour started so I think it was planned out even before he left the tour, don't know if it had exact date yet though...

Captain_jovi 05-03-2013 04:51 PM

Hm. This happened a few weeks ago. It was posted the Toronto show was rescheduled for Oct of 2013, literally a year to the day of the cancelled show. This NYC show is the same thing, Oct 23 2012 was the date of the cancelled NYC show. Unless it's a total coincidence I'd chalk this up to someone mixing up the year.

Lindy 05-03-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1126804)
Hm. This happened a few weeks ago. It was posted the Toronto show was rescheduled for Oct of 2013, literally a year to the day of the cancelled show. This NYC show is the same thing, Oct 23 2012 was the date of the cancelled NYC show. Unless it's a total coincidence I'd chalk this up to someone mixing up the year.

Am confused there was no rescheduled Toronto:confused:

Captain_jovi 05-03-2013 05:04 PM

I know but a site was reporting the old show's date was a new show. There's no make-up show.

PatriciaSambora 05-03-2013 05:08 PM

Ok, Ava just posted a new keek video with Richie and this time he's laughing at all.. I really love him but now for the first time I would like to know the truth why he isn't coming to Europe cause I'm not going to see him and he's apparently so normal doing his life..

Walkerboy 05-03-2013 05:25 PM

That suggests one of 2 things:
1) Issue is to do with relationship between Jon & Richie
2) As I suggested yesterday, he's decided that being dad is more important right now and he can't bring Ava on the tour.

TheseDays2005 05-03-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1126809)
2) As I suggested yesterday, he's decided that being dad is more important right now and he can't bring Ava on the tour.

I always been more of a Richie guy than a Jon guy (hmm don't mean it as its being read;)).

Unless Richie has a serious disease he's letting his fans down. In that case he's a big loser.

Not that it matter that much as BJ hasn't brought out a decent album in 11 years. I've come to realize that it isn't JBJ who said 'well I don't want that big riff or solo' it's the laziness of Richie. He's a big loser.

jon-flp 05-03-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1126809)

I think the number 2 makes sense to me now.

He isn't in the rehab, and for me it has nothing with Jon.

Lunk 05-03-2013 05:41 PM

Or perhaphs he is having an outpatient rehabilitation treatment?

CKatz 05-03-2013 05:41 PM

Maybe Ava asked him to stay home with her for whatever reason. I think if Richie had to choose between Ava and the band, he would always choose Ava.

CKatz 05-03-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1126813)
Or perhaphs he is having an outpatient rehabilitation treatment?

He looks happy and healthy in Ava's keek. We all know how much his appearance changed when he was drowning in alcohol and popping pills.

ezearis 05-03-2013 05:56 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...23447834_n.png

Bounce7800 05-03-2013 05:57 PM

Matt really needs to just stop tweeting.