Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-26-2013 12:48 AM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 4m
Wow deleting post about closing account. Heavy blocking instead. Thanks for tweets

( https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...58856726597632 )

ezearis 06-26-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1142327)
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 7m

Honestly I think it's time to close this account. Sorry, maybe language difference my words get twisted. It was fun but not in a long time.

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 6m
Wow deleting post about closing account. Heavy blocking instead. Thanks for tweets

He just LOVES attention.

Solid Sambora 06-26-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1142321)
Never stood outside a hotel, never would do it. But that people are showing you affection, it wouldn't kill you to say hi from the windows or anything. After 30 years he might be tired but it's the life he signed in for!

Yeah but would a wave be enough though? I'm a great believer in stars treating their fans right, but the fans should know when to draw the line. If they can't go to the safety and comfort of their own homes between shows, they should at least be able to go to their hotel and be left in peace for a bit. It's different if its a random "holy shit, Famous Dude just walked in the foyer" kind of thing- you might go say hi, and Famous Dude would hopefully appreciate the genuine moment for you- but people purposely staking out your hotel? That's too much.

SadieLady 06-26-2013 12:52 AM

Latest from Matt:
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 4m

I actually appreciate Matt answering tweets although I don't follow him and don't check his site often. I don't consider him to be a PR person and don't expect him to be one. He and Phil are the only ones who are interacting with fans via Twitter.

Fans at concerts can't meet any of the main band members and if they for some reason want to meet Jon, it is arranged as an expensive event. However, fans can meet Matt, Obie and a few others at a concert and I think that is cool. I don't expect Obie or Matt to break any confidences with regard to the Richie situation to a fan that nabs them for a brief, private conversation.

bj7800 06-26-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Honestly I think it's time to close this account. Sorry, maybe language difference my words get twisted. It was fun but not in a long time.

Like he would ever do that. hahaha ok just seen he is blocking people instead. Drama drama drama.

KeepTheFaith2211 06-26-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1142336)
Yeah but would a wave be enough though? I'm a great believer in stars treating their fans right, but the fans should know when to draw the line. If they can't go to the safety and comfort of their own homes between shows, they should at least be able to go to their hotel and be left in peace for a bit. It's different if its a random "holy shit, Famous Dude just walked in the foyer" kind of thing- you might go say hi, and Famous Dude would hopefully appreciate the genuine moment for you- but people purposely staking out your hotel? That's too much.

Exactly right.

jessycardy 06-26-2013 01:02 AM

Guys, I have a train to catch in a few hours and have yet to go to sleep, so I won't do the crazy work I did last time with Matt's tweets, but I've read them all and he's not referring to fans waiting outside their hotel, he's talking about people booking rooms at the same hotel of the band for multiple times (he said once is okay to him) and sitting at the bar with the same drink of members of the band, staying at the gym without working out and such.

Also, in between a MILLION tweets about this matter (with people misunderstanding him, hence the "threat" to close his account), he also tweeted about Richie:

Quote:

diego navarrete ‏@yon_yeeeaaah 47m
@MatthewBongiovi hi! Can i ask you something? Is Richie coming back to the band? Tks 4 ur answer greetings from Chile

Matthew Bongiovi
‏@MatthewBongiovi
@yon_yeeeaaah he will be back when the time is right

diego navarrete ‏@yon_yeeeaaah 40m
@MatthewBongiovi thank you very much sr
( https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...53051411398656 )

EDIT:

People like this don't help, my God.

Quote:

Maria Eduarda ‏@likeaQu33n 8m
@MatthewBongiovi PLEASE say to jesse james I want to marry him and be happy forever beside him

@likeaQu33n love it

Maria Eduarda ‏@likeaQu33n 4m
@MatthewBongiovi oh I want to marry him

Sissy3 06-26-2013 01:15 AM

Blocking some of the "tweeters" who constantly whine and moan is what he should have done from the start. My patience wears thin quickly and in his position I probably would have ripped a new one on some folk. :D

bounce442 06-26-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Bummer... I'm going miss being lied to.

Not to mention, he's good for a laugh every now and then... unintentional, of course.

Lisa71 06-26-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1142355)
Bummer... I'm going miss being lied to.

Not to mention, he's good for a laugh every now and then... unintentional, of course.

His deleted that tweet. It's going to stay but he will block people now.