Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SadieLady 06-26-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1142370)
His deleted that tweet. It's going to stay but he will block people now.

I for one hate to see anyone chased off a blog, forum or twitter account due to basically bad manners and a toxic environment. However, I do think if this doesn't work for him, he needs to delete it, create another one and keep his private account private.

PanosBonJovi 06-26-2013 08:01 AM

If they could just put a meet & greet in an affordable price and during this meet & greet sign some stuff of the fans, like their albums, vinyls, stickers etc & then take a few pictures with them, I don't think that this would happen at all. I mean stalking the band outside of their hotel is too much, indeed, as they want some privacy too. But anyway, you can do it once but everytime in a while it's a bit too much. Okay, they are our heroes, we want to meet them, this should be respected too. After all, they won't get killed or something if they go out there sign some stuff & take a picture with some fans.

But booking in the same hotel for a whole leg, wow! You must be rich :D

bj7800 06-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1142375)
If they could just put a meet & greet in an affordable price and during this meet & greet sign some stuff of the fans, like their albums, vinyls, stickers etc & then take a few pictures with them, I don't think that this would happen at all. I mean stalking the band outside of their hotel is too much, indeed, as they want some privacy too. But anyway, you can do it once but everytime in a while it's a bit too much. Okay, they are our heroes, we want to meet them, this should be respected too. After all, they won't get killed or something if they go out there sign some stuff & take a picture with some fans.

But booking in the same hotel for a whole leg, wow! You must be rich :D

People will always try and meet the band doesn't matter if they do meet and greets or not.
Fans hanging out at hotels has been going on since forever its really not a big deal.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 06-26-2013 09:06 AM

I'm not sure I would want to go out of my way to try to meet the band. I'd probably freeze and not know what to say, and don't really need to find out if my idols are pricks.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1142045)
That has absolutely nothing to do with Richie. It's a Notre Dame logo because Jon's oldest son Jesse is going to attend and play football at Notre Dame this fall.

Have you all forgotten that Richie is Jesse's biological father and the Fighting Irish logo is quite clearly a massive FU to the bio daddy? :p

Bounce7800 06-26-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj7800 (Post 1142378)
People will always try and meet the band doesn't matter if they do meet and greets or not.
Fans hanging out at hotels has been going on since forever its really not a big deal.

Yeah, its not like their the first band its happened to, and I'm sure it's much less than in their heyday.
You can sort of slightly understand it overseas, as they are seldom over here for any great length and don't do any signings or fan meetings so for the people who want to meet them the options are either Concert venues, TV studios if doing promo or outside the hotel.

rainsong 06-26-2013 10:35 AM

In my mind though there is a big difference between waiting outside the bands hotel (which I'm personally not a fan of either but I get it), and stalking them around in the hotel. I think once they are inside, they should be allowed to be normal and not have to worry about fans lurking around corners etc...... Just saying.

The Rock 06-26-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1142391)
In my mind though there is a big difference between waiting outside the bands hotel (which I'm personally not a fan of either but I get it), and stalking them around in the hotel. I think once they are inside, they should be allowed to be normal and not have to worry about fans lurking around corners etc...... Just saying.

You are right here and Matt is talking about the fans who go from hotel to hotel to hotel. He said it's not aimed at the ones who wait outside to catch a glimpse but the ones who follow them everywhere.

They had it worser back in the heyday and when they couldn't get out of the hotel at all and had to wear disguises wherever they went.

Here is a link to the band leaving Prague. Check out the man holding the little child. He gets Jon's autograph and Jon gives it to him but then he tries for the second time but Jon is about to give him an autograph but then notices that it's the same man and pushes/shoves him away. They say that Jon sees everything and he is good to recognize the guy. Obviously an autograph hunter.

Rolo just again to be on the safe side ND on his shirt stands for Notre Dame, don't want any misunderstanding that it's a secret message to Sambora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=xfhEywXm_LM

Walkerboy 06-26-2013 10:52 AM

My take on that tweet is that fans were getting INSIDE the hotel and trying to find the band....
People hanging around outside the hotel in the hope of maybe seeing them has been happening for decades and is part and parcel of being famous.
Stalking them inside takes it to a whole new, and despicable, level.

danfan 06-26-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1142321)
Never stood outside a hotel, never would do it. But that people are showing you affection, it wouldn't kill you to say hi from the windows or anything. After 30 years he might be tired but it's the life he signed in for!

This.

Did I ever tell you guys the story about when I was staying at a hotel in Jersey after one of the shows, Jon was staying in the room directly across from me?

bj7800 06-26-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1142391)

Could seriously not be bothered hanging outside hotels. I agree they should be allowed to get on with their own business inside the hotel. I have been in the same bar as Jon before and for sure he knew we were fans they always 'know'. We didn't sit and stare though - my friends actually had to tell me he was there. By pure chance I ended up next to Jon and he said hi shook my hand and genuinely smiled at me. I would not have the nerve to go and bother him.

As a 16 year old though (long long time ago) we ran around the hotel car parks, back entrances and front entrances and it was fun.

I have heard stupid stories of people knocking on doors they have no business knocking on and being in gyms in full street clothes including heels obviously not there for a work out which just makes them look foolish.