Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Thierry 01-05-2013 03:16 PM

These Days from Arnhem 2000 was better than this one. Jon's vocals where much better during the Crush and OWN tour.

Supersonic 01-05-2013 03:28 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1099037)
These Days from Arnhem 2000 was better than this one. Jon's vocals where much better during the Crush and OWN tour.

Yeah but the golden trousers make all the performances invalid. I also feel that the band sounds dreadful during the Crush tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jon-flp 01-05-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1099038)
Aloha !

Yeah but the golden trousers make all the performances invalid. I also feel that the band sounds dreadful during the Crush tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Completely agree Seb....those golden trousers....kkkk :2gunfire:

bonjovi90 01-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1099037)

Just because the audience sang the whole first verse instead of Jon :D

IndiannaRose 01-05-2013 07:43 PM

Regarding vocals; this version from Bremen (2000) beats all others posted in this thread by a mile (post 1996):

Though, Jon sang the song quite nicely in both 2008 and 2010.

nickolai 01-05-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiannaRose (Post 1099061)
Regarding vocals; this version from Bremen (2000) beats all others posted in this thread by a mile (post 1996):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTullUnOt8

To be fair this version is fukcin awesome! Nails everything. But his voice still had remnants of the 90s at this point before it all went Pete Tong in 2003

bonjovi90 01-06-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiannaRose (Post 1099061)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTullUnOt8

That's a great one too, I love how his vocals get raspy when he goes for the "rather die..." part (yes, that's a point where I judge most of the These Days performances...it gives the entire verse a total different attitude for me).

I listened to WWWB today and realized how much this song still means to me and a vague memory popped into my head of a performance I truly loved from the Circle tour - and I found it:
For me this is the best and most intense live version of the song. Can't say way, it doesn't sound much different from many others, but this particular one always grabs me :)

jon-flp 01-06-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1099099)
I listened to WWWB today and realized how much this song still means to me and a vague memory popped into my head of a performance I truly loved from the Circle tour - and I found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpuC9AX-pGg
For me this is the best and most intense live version of the song. Can't say way, it doesn't sound much different from many others, but this particular one always grabs me :)

Very nice...

And I found this, from the same gig:

The best version of this song so far. You can feel so much soul and passion from Jon...simply amazing! :grin:

Wrath Mania 01-06-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1099023)
Aloha !

Yeah, this. Plus that on the last few performances Jon sounds flat all the way through with the ones from South America being the exception here and there. The example Nickolai posted from London is a rather bland one, no emotion and Jon struggles a lot, even with the verses. And judging from the way he's looking he knows it too.

Frankfurt was the last time Jon sang the full chorus every time as opposed to just It's not just a matter of hitting the notes, it's a matter of how the full song is delivered. The verses in Frankfurt start a bit flat but Jon really, really tries and gets into the song like I haven't seen since 1996. His range opens up a bit and he's capable of delivering the vocals with a rich quality that hasn't been doen ever since.

It's not the best version ever, but it's certainly the best version since 1996. The 2008 tour had really good vocals and it's a shame Jon didn't try to go for the more vocally demanding songs more often as he was really capable of delivering would he have trained his voice more like on occasions like this.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Without knowing jack shit I 100% agree with you. Especially about how great his voice was towards the end of the 2008 tour... and yet he never really took advantage of it (I know that's easy to say when, prior to that tour, Always seemed dead in the water. But still). I don't know, from what I've seen- and I didn't pay that much attention to this past tour compared to the Lost Highway gigs- he seemed to care more about demonstrating his vocals in 2008 versus just playing it safe. This performance of TD being one example, but also I have gotten the sense that Always was more consistently delivered on the LH Tour than it was in 2010-2011. Was that the case with most songs? Or am I full of shit. I don't know, It just wouldn't shock me if, after LH, Jon was like, "well shit I showed them I can still sing," and then stopped pushing himself from there. I know we got STBI last tour but we never got a version where he went all the way- and I doubt that's because he's physically incapable of it.

IndiannaRose 01-06-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrath Mania (Post 1099102)
I know we got STBI last tour but we never got a version where he went all the way- and I doubt that's because he's physically incapable of it.

Oh, yes we did. Sydney's version was absolutely mind-blowing:

In my opinion, he went all the way with that one.