Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 05-03-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1126878)
No-one actually said that Ava is the one who asked Richie to stay home.
My thoughts were that maybe things aren't right with Ava, Heather and her new man...... Maybe Richie doesn't trust him, who knows?!
I also read that Heather is off filming 2 tv shows at the moment!
Yes, the others all have kids, but they are also in solid relationships/marriages or, in Dave's case, kids are with mum (I presume)
Richie may have seen what happened with Stephanie, who's parents seem to have rock solid marriage, then looked at his own daughter and ex-wife and decided he needs to be home more.
Sometimes you have to put things into perspective and make a life changing decision, and this could be one of those moments for Richie.
I dunno, but it seems more feasible at the moment than arguments over money or rehab/illness.
To be honest, I'd rather it was Richie being responsible for his daughter than it be rehab!!!

Couldn't have said this better. Won't even try to add anything on, you said it perfectly.

DestinationJovi 05-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1126873)
I genuinely doubt that it's Ava why Richie has left the tour. I don't want to discuss how much Richie loves Ava, we all know he does. His a great father but in all honesty, I don't think she would be reason enough to quit the tour. All the kids were born into families with Dad's who travel. This is all they know, they might not like it, get upset and it's emotional but at the end of the day, they are used to it. Beside Ava is now at an age where you don't want your father to hang out with you 24/7. So he stayed back and left a tour, just to drive his daughter back and forth from school? She's got her friends, she goes to school. When she was younger yes but I doubt now, Ava was crying for him to stay home and he dropped it all for her.

Beside the other guys have got kids younger than Ava. Jon, David and Tico have got kids who are at the ages where they would want their Dad's more home than Ava does. Isn't Tico's son only 10/11? Jon's two youngest are around the same ages. I just don't think Ava is the excuse. Again, not talking about how much he loves his daughter

Ava didn't stop Richie from touring his solo CD? He had just come home from a 2 year tour supporting The Circle, then he went back into the studio, worked on his solo, did a promo tour and then went on his solo tour. Where was his commitment to his daughter than?

Richie has been through so much more and he played on. Family issues have never made him miss out before but only rehab. Apart from rehab (and low ticket sales on his solo tour) he has always been committed to his job and touring.

I agree. He has been in this business and touring the world long before he was married or had a kid. He has been gone for extended periods of time her entire life. Not only is she used to it, it's all she knows. I don't buy her being the reason he left the tour randomly on a show day, for an indefinite amount of time.

Javier 05-03-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126895)
Richie loves to walk his daughter.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7...ivingavar1.jpg
:multi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I appreciate this...

RonJovi 05-03-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126895)
Richie loves to walk his daughter.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7...ivingavar1.jpg
:multi:

Hahahaha

Hats off, fantastic. I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out. Worth it though.

liljovi93 05-03-2013 11:05 PM

Richie has just tweeted

'Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!'

idbl_fanatic 05-03-2013 11:06 PM

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 1m

Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!

Spidey5150 05-03-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1126906)
Richie has just tweeted

'Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!'

Beat me to it!

nikos greece 05-03-2013 11:08 PM

at last...a few words from richie regarding the situation...i hope he returns sooner than we all expect, i wanted a live dvd from slane with richie of course...i dont see it possible now though...

this tweet looks like richie will be back sooner or later...but the big delay, the news that jon didnt communicate with him, richies out of space tweets about anything else but his missing looked weird...we ll probably never know whats really going on, maybe there was a problem that looks like they sorted it out...

Becky 05-03-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1126909)
the news that jon didnt communicate with him,

This has been addressed multiple times in this thread. The interview where Jon said he hadn't talked to Richie was done two DAYS after Richie left even though it wasn't printed until much later. There's no reason to believe Jon and Richie haven't been communicating during this time.

Bill23 05-03-2013 11:31 PM

Maybe Richie will make his return at Soldier Field for an epic 30 song evening!

nikos greece 05-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1126914)
This has been addressed multiple times in this thread. The interview where Jon said he hadn't talked to Richie was done two DAYS after Richie left even though it wasn't printed until much later. There's no reason to believe Jon and Richie haven't been communicating during this time.

i may be wrong but im following this thread from the begining, i ve read every post...my point is that richie didnt even talk to jon about that, just gave the news to some guy, maybe the manager or anyone in the organization...and if i m not wrong again jon stated that they didnt talk, at least the first days after that...so i guess,if this is true, jon isnt fully supportive of richie in that matter...if it was a health problem for instance 1.richie would expplain to jon,2.jon would be more supportive and less enigmatic about all this

SuperBrad 05-03-2013 11:40 PM

Wow , just when u think all hope is gone !

idbl_fanatic 05-03-2013 11:41 PM

So reading that, it just says that he loves the band, not that he will be back, or is still part of it. :-/

Crushed73 05-03-2013 11:41 PM

Wouldnt this be about the time, IF Richie were in a rehab, that he would have been released?

fairtex444 05-03-2013 11:44 PM

he'll be back before the end of May ;) ..

DestinationJovi 05-03-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1126906)
Richie has just tweeted

If he's doing ****ing great he should be on tour and fulfilling his obligations.

I have no more sympathy for the guy.

The Rock 05-03-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1126919)
So reading that, it just says that he loves the band, not that he will be back, or is still part of it. :-/

And we are back to square one.

He doesn't say his in the band or coming back soon. Just saying, his great, not fighting with the band. He can say so much without saying nothing at all.

idbl_fanatic 05-03-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1126924)

He doesn't say his the band or coming back soon. Just saying, his great, not fighting with the band. He can say so much without saying nothing at all.

Just getting back on track :D

JoviJovi 05-03-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1126924)

He doesn't say his the band or coming back soon. Just saying, his great, not fighting with the band. He can say so much without saying nothing at all.

He doesn't say he's not fighting with the band.

MrNickel 05-03-2013 11:46 PM

Is "personal issues" in the same league as "woman problems" ?? :confused:

Where you're better not to ask any further into the matter.

crashed 05-03-2013 11:48 PM

I think he's said "I love the band" to pretty much say there's no issues at all with him and the band. I would take it as that, guys, honestly.

JoviJovi 05-03-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1126927)
Is "personal issues" in the same league as "woman problems" ?? :confused:

Where you're better not to ask any further into the matter.

Yes, Richie got his period, lol

SuperBrad 05-03-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1126922)

Wishful thinking ..... I hope u r right ....

JoviJovi 05-03-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1126922)

Is that from a "source"?

idbl_fanatic 05-03-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1126931)
Is that from a "source"?

LOL Tabasco

jbjhand 05-03-2013 11:52 PM

Honestly I don't know what people want. Richie is more than entitled to a private life. The fact that he missed gigs before may be totally unrelated. He has said he's ok and he is asking for privacy. He deserves to be given it.

The Rock 05-03-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1126926)
He doesn't say he's not fighting with the band.

I believe they are not fighting. I've never believed the Jon and Richie arguing. I believe him when he says he loves the band. I just don't see how that tweet means his back soon.

crashed 05-03-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126934)
Honestly I don't know what people want. Richie is more than entitled to a private life. The fact that he missed gigs before may be totally unrelated. He has said he's ok and he is asking for privacy. He deserves to be given it.

This is the first time Richie's said it directly. The speculation will still go on, but I think whatever these reasons are they will NEVER come to light. He's not telling, the band's not telling. Time to accept and move on.

fairtex444 05-03-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1126931)
Is that from a "source"?

well I asked him on twitter: "I really want to see you in Milan.Should I buy a ticket?"

he answered: "Buy a ticket"

just kidding:rolleyes:

JoviJovi 05-03-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

You're right, and the next time they tour, if there is one, we are entitled to not shell out a small fortune for this bullshit.

rainsong 05-04-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1126923)
If he's doing ****ing great he should be on tour and fulfilling his obligations.

I have no more sympathy for the guy.

Whos the one person in the world Richie would do anything for?? His daughter. How much would he give up, how quiet would he be about anything to keep the peace between Heather and himself to let Ava's life go on without a wrinkle?? If Heather pushed their joint custody agreement, which I'm sure has something in it giving heather equal time to pursue her work as much as richie, and she pushed to enforce it or.............. I suspect richie would stay home for that.

rolo_tomachi 05-04-2013 12:02 AM

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1340/49503200.jpg

This is the legendary story of a guy who never give up, overcoming all obstacles to reach the top.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/807...ngkarateok.jpg

jessycardy 05-04-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1126928)
I think he's said "I love the band" to pretty much say there's no issues at all with him and the band. I would take it as that, guys, honestly.

Same here. To think Richie would or should address every single rumour and deny all of the BS that's been spread around on a neverending list sounds a little delirious to me. If only because there is a 140-character limit on Twitter.
"I love the band" pretty much says it all, seriously.

crashed 05-04-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1126944)
Same here. To think Richie would or should address every single rumour and deny all of the BS that's been spread around on a neverending list sounds a little delirious to me. If only because there is a 140-character limit on Twitter.
"I love the band" pretty much says it all, seriously.

Though I'd love to here him confirm or deny the one about the dog ;)

DestinationJovi 05-04-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

But he has let fans down even though he's doing "****ing great".

He can have his private life, but when it affects people's hard earned money, he needs to justify it better than this.

Screw you fans! Life is ****ing great! :D

ezearis 05-04-2013 12:06 AM

Loved the "Driving Miss Ava" poster, we really, REALLY, need to make a "Best Of" this thrad.

Btw, I wanted to do the post 3000. **** :(

crashed 05-04-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1126946)

He can have his private life, but when it affects people's hard earned money, he needs to justify it better than this.

I don't disagree but I don't think he will justify it any more - private is private with this band and it looks like it'll stay private.

I'm starting to suspect, if Heather is away filming, some sort of clash of schedules. Richie was hoping to get on tour and was maybe trying right until the last minute...Heather says nope, I have this to do, and something had to give. That sort of thing is something you'd never reveal to anyone else, especially not the public or your fans. All conjecture though. Once again, don't think we'll ever know.

crashed 05-04-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1126947)
Loved the "Driving Miss Ava" poster, we really, REALLY, need to make a "Best Of" this thrad.

Btw, I wanted to do the post 3000. **** :(

I think you did ;)

JoviJovi 05-04-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1126946)

Exactly......

jbjhand 05-04-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1126940)
You're right, and the next time they tour, if there is one, we are entitled to not shell out a small fortune for this bullshit.

Ive spent plenty, as usual. I wanted to see him just as much as anyone else but it's (probably) not gonna happen. He wants his privacy, he is entitled to it. I suspect he will be back before the tour ends. If I'm there when he gets back ill be ecstatic, if I'm not ill be delighted for those who are.