Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 06-29-2013 04:04 PM

Here is my take on it.

He did not leave because of money, he knows and has probably known for years how much money he gets or will get. I bet he is earning less money now off tour than he was on it anyway. Anyone thinking this is musical can forget it, Richie is a part of every record, or at least endorses them so he is not striving for a new direction.

Richie really pushed his solo record and was probably away for a lot of the latter part of last year. After a really busy decade perhaps he burned out, and what he says in the interview by making a point of saying he has never had 3 months off points to that.

He had already committed to the Bon Jovi tour so maybe he thought he could fulfill the commitment. I have a feeling as next year is their 110th anniversary that Jon started wheeling out big plans, maybe a tour, a record, box set, whatever. Richie then saw the next two years stretch out before him and thought, that is too much. He raised the concerns, there were disagreements during the break before Canada, and he just thought, I have to take this time now. So he did.

So in a way he has left the band with a disagreement, but it is not a devastating one that says he will never come back. But, there is a problem between both sides because Jon thinks he should work and Richie thinks he should have this time. I suspect finding a way back is more about doing it on the right terms. For example Richie wants guarantees about breaks between albums perhaps, while Jon is saying you come back when I tell you.

The point is we have been wondering because of Richie's silence, but now we have heard from both sides, both have said that he will be back and that there are just things to sort out.

P.S. That Nikki looks a right twat, a bit of a hanger on to be fair. I am sorry if I am ignorant, but who was she before being associated with Sambora?

And it won't be sorted out this tour, I would say next cycle whatever it is he will be involved

Becky 06-29-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1143150)
Richie looked coked up in the that interview.

The constant talking, sudden willingness to open up and licking his lips every few seconds... A sober person doesn't do that.

I'm not familiar with the expression "cooked up"? Does that mean on drugs or drunk?

steel_horse75 06-29-2013 04:09 PM

I hope they don't do a 30th tour. Overkill.
Boxset, DVD etc yes. Tour, no.

steel_horse75 06-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1143153)
I'm not familiar with the expression "cooked up"? Does that mean on drugs or drunk?

Coked up....

crashed 06-29-2013 04:31 PM

Interesting Richie's retracting his replies already - he seems to be a master of doing that lately.

piab70 06-29-2013 04:32 PM

AGREE and sad! Tommy Lee does the lip licking thing too. :(

Quote:

The constant talking, sudden willingness to open up and licking his lips every few seconds... A sober person doesn't do that.

milomom 06-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1143159)
Interesting Richie's retracting his replies already - he seems to be a master of doing that lately.

I don't think that was a retraction. Simply emphasizing that nothing's actually decided yet. That's what he said in the interview. He certainly didn't say "I'll be back in September," but that's what people were immediately taking from it.

JackieBlue 06-29-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

That's bullshit. Now you're just looking for something.

MellyMel 06-29-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1143161)
I don't think that was a retraction. Simply emphasizing that nothing's actually decided yet. That's what he said in the interview. He certainly didn't say "I'll be back in September," but that's what people were immediately taking from it.

I agree, terri. He probably tweeted that because the headline reads "he may be back in September."

Not Sleeping Yet 06-29-2013 04:56 PM

Really want Richie back. But does anyone else find it disconcerting that the bonjovi.com official merchandise store has been closed since shortly after Richie left? Just checked it again and it still says "New Bon Jovi Store Coming Soon." Hope this isn't a new set of merchandise without Richie! (Maybe not, just sayin')