Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JackieBlue 07-01-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieKTF (Post 1143803)
It's not necessarily better, but it would have made things a lot easier for some fans, that's all. It may be selfish, but considering how much money we all spend to see them, I think we have a right to be a little selfish.

Please don't think I'm calling you out specifically, Annie. It's just that your post made me wonder about that same implication in other posts. People have been passing judgment on Richie, left and right, since this whole thing started without bothering themselves to wait until they know the whole story. Why should people who judge without knowing think they have the right to be "a little selfish"? He's certainly not being accorded any such leeway.

To those who have said he should have made this decision before the tour started: What if he made the decision because of something that happened after the tour began? Or what if something had been building over a period of time and "the straw that broke the camel's back" occurred after they were already on the road?

BJ?YesPlease 07-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1143808)
Why should people who judge without knowing think they have the right to be "a little selfish"? He's certainly not being accorded any such leeway.

To those who have said he should have made this decision before the tour started: What if he made the decision because of something that happened after the tour began? Or what if something had been building over a period of time and "the straw that broke the camel's back" occurred after they were already on the road?

Oooh, great post Jackie!

You made me think of one thing inparticular: Why, after 30 years of loving these guys, are we not affording them a little more Benefit Of The Doubt, on both sides?

jovigirlCT 07-01-2013 08:34 PM

Granted we don't know exactly what went on but as others have speculated, money seems to be a good thought as to the problem. If that is the case, Richie knew going in what he was getting since there would have been contracts to sign. So if he wasn't happy work it out then, don't start the tour and then leave in the middle. Also if its because he wasn't sining a song of from his album, that is not why I pay to go see Bon Jovi. In all the concerts I have been too when Jon leaves the stage and Richie has sung a song that unfortunately is the time most stop paying attention to the concert. Also, as someone who was at the free blizzard concert at Mohegan Sun, Jon and Richie were having a great time and Richie sang Wanted while Jon sat on the edge of the stage. They were always joking and talking and just having fun. Not sure what happened but, in my opinion, Richie still looks bad for leaving the tour. Also don't understand his comments from the latest interview - this is the first time I've had 3 months off. What about the years when they aren't touring!! Also, in the real world none of us get to have 3 months off - we would all be fired if we decided to take that time off.

crashed 07-01-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Please don't think I'm calling you out specifically, Annie. It's just that your post made me wonder about that same implication in other posts. People have been passing judgment on Richie, left and right, since this whole thing started without bothering themselves to wait until they know the whole story. Why should people who judge without knowing think they have the right to be "a little selfish"? He's certainly not being accorded any such leeway.

Why do I need to wait until I know the full story? Richie's not there and he should be. It really is as simple and as black and white as that, because he's clearly not dying and his family is doing ok and he's able to work because he's working on his fashion line.

Any other reason just simply isn't good enough to be unprofessional and not finish your commitments. All the what if's in the world don't change that.

AnnieKTF 07-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

That's why it would be great if we could get some facts. I feel silly not knowing what to think (not that it matters what I think). I hate basing my opinions on assumptions, and in this case, we don't have much else. I tried to stay away from this topic, because I don't want to judge or take sides. They've been my favorite band for 13 or 14 years, the last thing I want is to judge any member of the band (except maybe Jon for letting Bobby play the solos :p). There was something about this last Richie interview that annoyed me, so I needed to let it all out somewhere, and this is pretty much the only place where people will 'listen'. ;)

Solid Sambora 07-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1143783)
Because he was a no show. People bought a ticket to see the whole band. If you purchase a happy meal, you expect to get all it includes. Handing you a burger and drink and saying sorry we are out of fries after you paid doesn't cut it. If you knew ahead of time they were out of fries you would have ordered differently and not expected fries in your bag.

The universal language of McDonalds haha.

BJ?YesPlease 07-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1143819)
Why do I need to wait until I know the full story? Richie's not there and he should be. It really is as simple and as black and white as that, because he's clearly not dying and his family is doing ok and he's able to work because he's working on his fashion line.

Any other reason just simply isn't good enough to be unprofessional and not finish your commitments. All the what if's in the world don't change that.

Just because you're not dying and you're family is okay doesn't mean you have to go on a tour! What a ridiculous thing to say! Jesus man, get some perspective!

WHY ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE SO BLIND AND UNABLE TO SEE ANY OTHER POINT OF VIEW, OTHER THAN BLAMING SOMEONE WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE SITUATION.

NicoRourke 07-01-2013 08:46 PM

I wonder what would have happened if Richie had said no to the tour when it was in planning phase. Would Jon have carried on anyway?

jessycardy 07-01-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Skywalker (Post 1143806)
So rumor has it that Richie's going with Ava (and Nikki?) To Paris, then to Rome...

are we going on roman holiday with them?!

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4526/bdln.jpg

yes, I did this artwork myself. I love Richie, but I've enoughh of this stupid situation no one seem to care to resolve...

No, not with Nikki. Paris, with Heather. Rome, I don't know, but probably with Heather as well, I would say.

Crushgen24/88 07-01-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1143825)
Just because you're not dying and you're family is okay doesn't mean you have to go on a tour! What a ridiculous thing to say! Jesus man, get some perspective!

WHY ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE SO BLIND AND UNABLE TO SEE ANY OTHER POINT OF VIEW, OTHER THAN BLAMING SOMEONE WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE SITUATION.

Becuse he went on the tour in the first place. What you seem to be blind to is this: Speaking for myself, I don't need to know all the details. UNLESS it was family or health related, there is no acceptable reason for Richie to have bailed on the tour. If he was miserable (creatively or financially or personally) with his role in the band before the Tour he shouldn't have gone on it in the first place. If he realized during the tour that he'd reached his endgame with the band, he should have played out his commitments and then left after the tour. Doesn't mean I hate Richie Sambora the human being or anything like, but it's incredibly unprofessional. His second incredibly unprofessional act in two years when it comes to touring.